Google Translate JAV

Haruki13

Nov 20, 2016
I recently bought STAR-840 starring Yume Takeda and there are several interviews throughout that seemed interesting. If R18 really wanted a loyal customer they would offer real/sanctioned translations. I thought about erojapan's translation service as I bought some from them before, but they want over $200 and the only crowdfunding I can find is for loli movies only. It's just not worth that for me.

So I decided to see how far google translate has come, and it's definitely improved from the last time I used it. For something like JAV it is good enough for my purposes. It works great when there is just a line or two I am interested in, but it is a bit slow working when I try to do a 4 hour movie.

Does anyone have any tips on how to do this more efficiently here is my current process:

>VLC
>>Audio Devices- Cable Input VB Audio Virtual Cable (google)

>Chrome
>>Google Translate, click microphone button (set virtual cable to default recording device in windows)

You can also use this technique to just get Japanese text of the audio which is then much easier to translate (at least for me).

So I use this to translate a line/clean it up based on context and very minimal Japanese education/repeat and so on.

I am making the subtitles via a program called Aegisub. If anyone has any tips let me know, or if you want to work on a video and it is one I also am watching maybe we could collaborate. Or maybe Google translate made a particularly funny goof when you tried and you want to share it.

Google Translate seems to be the most accurate machine translator I've found, but if anyone knows of others let me know.

Haruki13

Nov 20, 2016
I'm well aware that it is hard to learn Japanese and to translate things even if you are a native. $200 is a fair price for the work required, and if I was turning around and selling the videos like R18 I'd say sure, but I'm just an end user so it's fucking ridiculous to expect people like me to pay that imo. For that price per movie I would hire a tutor and learn Japanese properly.

Now if you can crowdfund it then it makes sense, but as I said the only one I saw here was for loli videos.

Actually though, I just tried this program autosub and it seems to be working out fairly decently as well. It does everything I mentioned above but automatically.

edit: It is much less accurate it seems like, but gives you a base to work from and you can go back and redo individual lines that make no sense.

https://github.com/agermanidis/autosub/issues/31

Just follow the steps

I installed Python>used the command given on that page to install autosub

Made the 1 edit (didn't see the other one) with notepad+.

Put the ffmpeg file in the python folder. Restarted my computer. and it worked.

One thing I suggest is running cmd /k

This prevents it from shutting down the window after errors so you actually see what is going wrong.

Then when you are doing a file use the following format:

C:\Python27\python.exe C:\Python27\scripts\autosub_app.py -S ja -D ja "H:\New folder (5)\STAR-840.1080p.mp4"

It will freeze the command window for a few minutes possibly but eventually begin transcribing.

Then I used the subtitle edit program listed on that page to translate and edit whatever I wanted.

But VB cable you can find here:

https://www.vb-audio.com/Cable/index.htm

Last edited:
Reactions: Casshern2

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
You can just start the crowdfunding yourself. Order the subs as crowdfunding, and then you hope that others will go in on it. You can advertise the project in our subtitle thread too.

Jav Translation Request Part 3 | Page 10 | Akiba-Online.com

Only risk is that you'd have to cover the remaining fee, so if no-one else ends up participating you're gonna have to cover everything anyway.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Auto translate for JAVs (and most do not have professional studio-recorded audio) is really, really bad. As in 'you might as well watch it and just ad lib it in your mind' bad.
There's another thread here about this that's pretty recent and includes some examples.