Do most Japanese women prefer White guys when interested in foreign guys?

josolopSon3

Nov 27, 2008
I've seen it all over the place. Japanese girls who dream of a white man.
chattrooms, dating sites, penpal sites.. Moreover when they say "I WANT TO MEET AMERICANS i love america and american culture"

That usually means "i want to meet white americans and i love white american's culture"

I've been rejected, ignored and blocked in chats just cause i'm not white. and that's the only reason because all i say before they block me is "hello :) "

Why such disinterests in anyone who's not white? and why is the love for white people so strong?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
They want white, which often means from England, Australia, Canada and the USA.

The interest in white stems from racial stereotypes. Plain and simple. That's sort of why most Japanese people if given the choice to sit between two blacks on the train or two whites will sit between the whites. They feel 'we' are safer.

(see? I can be polite even to dimwits sometimes)

desioner

Sustaining L.I.F.E.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 22, 2006
That you can Aqua, although it's just not as entertaining. While I too have seen a clear preference for Caucasian males here in Japan I've also seen every non Caucasian not have any trouble hooking up. I disagree that your implication means they prefer white. This is just as stereotypical as saying that all black guys have huge dicks. It's a case by case scenario. I also can't comment on your problems with internet communications. There are too many reasons to list for one being blocked, kicked etc, while trying to use the internet. It happens to us all, get used to it.
Finally I believe that Aqua answered your last 2 questions well enough.
desioner

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
If I was a mod, I'd just lock this one up before that darned Aqua berates (and rightfully so!) Jackalotson.

Oct 6, 2007
I'm currently with a Japanese girl and she says she doesn't give a shit about the colour of her BF's skin or his nationality as long as she gets along with his personality, maybe white guys are just more charming.

joeystarr

Jul 7, 2008
They want white, which often means from England, Australia, Canada and the USA.

Well I suppose the "white" part is true enough but believe me, maybe apart from England, Japanese woman are much more into european people : France, Spain, Italy. And France definitely comes on top. They have those old (and usually just wrong) stereotypes about France...
Well, I certainly won't complain...