Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
Waxaxa: R18 wrote earlier in this thread that if a title a user bought was removed, they'd probably give a refund or an exchange if they contacted support. A couple of titles out of 200,000 is a %.003 failure rate. Cut them some slack there, seriously.
Yes, they did. And I also contacted support, almost a month ago. But the only answers I'm getting are on this forum, helpful as they are. I'm glad they reached out to KMP but really I'm no closer to resolving anything. If they indeed made a mistake, why do I have to contact support, they should refund everyone who bought the title by themselves. But of course, we don't know what's happening, do we? And that's why I'd like to clear things up before I can consider buying anything from them again, which I would guess is in r18.com's favor just as well.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Waxaxa: I definitely agree with you on support. Some of my friends have waited days to hear back from them when emailing them. If R18 is reading this, *please* upgrade your support capabilities! If users have to post here and comment on your blog to get help, then there's something very wrong.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Obviously it's not a mistake. Or are you implying R18 made a mistake when they were selling a title they should never been selling? Because in that case I'd expect a refund. If indeed the producer changed his mind after the few months from when I bought it then I guess it goes with the ToS, it's just a ridicolous way of handling things and as a paying customer who's been given no notification, no explanation will of course feel hard done by, if not fooled.

It was not a mistake to sell the movie at R18.com in the first place. They asked to remove it recently. We had the ok to sell it until now.
There are times where other production companies buy a studio or part of the studio then the license of some movies change and they decide to remove it from some sites. There are also legal actions about some movies etc etc.

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Ever? No, if there is a market in Japan for this kind of movies there will be more.
Wait...they have the chance to MAKE the market. That new "masterbation" suit out in Japan uses CGI characters. So some company invested time and money into something that didn't have a market yet. That's innovation. With the capital under the DMM umbrella they could easily entice customers into supporting this market creation purely with content, the VR headgear and hardware already exists.

Edit: Oh...wait again. Just realized they wouldn't be able to apply DRM to anything VR related. So they probably never will.

Last edited:

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Wait...they have the chance to MAKE the market. That new "masterbation" suit out in Japan uses CGI characters. So some company invested time and money into something that didn't have a market yet. That's innovation. With the capital under the DMM umbrella they could easily entice customers into supporting this market creation purely with content, the VR headgear and hardware already exists.

Edit: Oh...wait again. Just realized they wouldn't be able to apply DRM to anything VR related. So they probably never will.

Dont worry, I can tell you that the VR streaming already exist and DRM is fine with it :p
The problem here is the VR Headsets. The amount of people with Headsets is very small at this moment so the people that can buy a VR movie is very limited.
First mainstream companies needs to push to everybody to buy Headsets so the adult market can follow with VR content.

Reactions: Casshern2

tonyvee

Dec 12, 2008
I have subscribed to R18 in the past but I have a beef with their movie codes. Why do they change the original codes to their own?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I have subscribed to R18 in the past but I have a beef with their movie codes. Why do they change the original codes to their own?
Sorry, could you elaborate a bit more what is the issue you are having?

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
R18.com: I think he means how a studios may have a catalog # like ABC-123, but searching for 'ABC-123' on R18.com and DMM yields no results. DUGA, your competitor, works with these catalog numbers though. :)

Reactions: Blade Runner

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I usually just type the label letters and the numbers like DDT 154 with a space and no dash. Sometimes you get a few pther movies but the other you want is right there most of the time.

axeon73

Jun 24, 2015
@R18.com, do you guys do a double pre-authorization hold/charge when making a purchase on a credit/debit card? Does one drop off after the transaction goes through?

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
Its nice to know that we're not actually purchasing the media but rather just paying for an indefinite rental.

Hans Kowalski

Feb 27, 2007
Yea, seems to be the trend these days (netflix, spotify, etc).

At least with Netflix you're paying a flatrate for everything they've got, on DMM you're choosing to pay for the full unlimited download and streaming of a specific movie, until whoops, sorry, you can't have that anymore for whatever reason. I guess it doesn't really happen all that often but still.

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
Got a notification for this thread and decided to check my library on r18. And just so it happens they removed another movie from those in my collection. Means I can't access 2 out of 36 movies I bought a lifetime subscription for on r18.com. But hey, that's 94,4% success rate! Amazing, right?

Also, haven't had an answer from their customer support and it's been 3 months.