Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

lollers1

Jul 2, 2014
For the R18.com staff member, and also posters here. I have a suggestion - please hear me out.

I would love to see some kind of points/rewards system on R18. Something where you can earn points for each movie you buy, and these points can be used for tangible physical items that can't really be pirated. If the items are collectible then that would be even better. Perhaps there could be a bunch of variations.

For instance..

Maybe the studios themselves could help with this -

"Ideapocket - Tsubasa Amami special! - On your 10th Tsubasa Amami movie purchase, you will be eligible to receive a signed poster - only 50 available, limited edtion!"
"R18 special - members with xyz amount of points + owning movies that add up to every member of the current Ebisu Muscats lineup will receive *some physical item*, but only during *some time period/sale period*

This would be good for promoting new releases too, even if it's something really small. I remember in a shop in Akihabara I saw something like a portable pocket ashtray that SOD had come out with - it was designed so the cover flap was like a skirt, and you were lifting it up :p . I wanted to buy it but was told that the item was only available as a bonus when buying a particular DVD or something like that. In general I noticed there were a lot of limited run items to promote new releases - things like new releases including a polaroid and also being a required purchase for entry to a meet and greet with the AV actress. These sorts of things should be thought about for digital purchases I think - especially in the case of R18 where it's an international market that is normally locked out of these sort of promotional perks only available to physical purchasers in Japan.

At the very least it would provide another incentive for some to purchase the products rather than pirating them. I'd like to think that the otaku collector breed would also be keen on this - you yourself can probably process the data for buying habits of R18 users - what percentage tend to buy lots from particular actresses that are their favorite? How many wait a while before buying a new release vs jumping on it straight away? etc

It was cool that everyone received that free movie - but how about leaning toward rewards as an incentive for people to buy more/spend more, or jump on new releases of their favorite actresses as they come out? The pirates only get the movie, the paying potentially can get something additional, something physical which can't just be digitally replicated.

What do you think?

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
I think they should first start responding to customer support questions. And have someone take a look at that whole page which gives no confirmation the question was received, nor gives any notofication when answer is received (just recently discovered got year old + questions answered).

I'd like to buy some stuff but with movies disappearing from your playlist and given no explanation or notification (again!) after only a couple of months after buying them for indefinite amount of time, makes it hard to trust them. Not getting responses from the web support on a rather serious issue makes me feel unappreciated as a customer as well, so there's that.

To answer lollers1 - I don't have any interest in physical collectibles. Still, I do hope they consider you for the sake of those who do. But seeing how they shy away from anything physical, I doubt it'll be easy enough they will consider worth it.

Justme4jav

May 25, 2014
I wish there were other sites similar to R18 other than their sister site DMM and Duga. Being in the U.S., I can't figure out how to get a purchase to go through with them which is a shame because Duga has quite a few movies I want. I did find Xcream which I great if they have the movie you want but that's hit and miss. I haven't purchased from R18 lately, having a hard time supporting them at this point. Any ideas on where else we can go?

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
Y
before each of us assumes too much it's about this one www.dmm.co.jp/mono/dvd/-/detail/=/cid=84real526/
-each actress has hundreds of movies on r18 so it can't be their problem it's been taken down?
-dmm still sells this movie, digital and physical copies so how's it good for DMM but not for r18?
-r18 still sells 38 other movies from the same series, including 2 other high school specials (real526 being the first) so it shouldn't be the studio's issue either.

You are right. If it is in DMM it should be in R18.com . I will take a look about this movie.

Reactions: Waxaxa

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
For the R18.com staff member, and also posters here. I have a suggestion - please hear me out.

I would love to see some kind of points/rewards system on R18. Something where you can earn points for each movie you buy, and these points can be used for tangible physical items that can't really be pirated. If the items are collectible then that would be even better. Perhaps there could be a bunch of variations.

For instance..

Maybe the studios themselves could help with this -

"Ideapocket - Tsubasa Amami special! - On your 10th Tsubasa Amami movie purchase, you will be eligible to receive a signed poster - only 50 available, limited edtion!"
"R18 special - members with xyz amount of points + owning movies that add up to every member of the current Ebisu Muscats lineup will receive *some physical item*, but only during *some time period/sale period*

This would be good for promoting new releases too, even if it's something really small. I remember in a shop in Akihabara I saw something like a portable pocket ashtray that SOD had come out with - it was designed so the cover flap was like a skirt, and you were lifting it up :p . I wanted to buy it but was told that the item was only available as a bonus when buying a particular DVD or something like that. In general I noticed there were a lot of limited run items to promote new releases - things like new releases including a polaroid and also being a required purchase for entry to a meet and greet with the AV actress. These sorts of things should be thought about for digital purchases I think - especially in the case of R18 where it's an international market that is normally locked out of these sort of promotional perks only available to physical purchasers in Japan.

At the very least it would provide another incentive for some to purchase the products rather than pirating them. I'd like to think that the otaku collector breed would also be keen on this - you yourself can probably process the data for buying habits of R18 users - what percentage tend to buy lots from particular actresses that are their favorite? How many wait a while before buying a new release vs jumping on it straight away? etc

It was cool that everyone received that free movie - but how about leaning toward rewards as an incentive for people to buy more/spend more, or jump on new releases of their favorite actresses as they come out? The pirates only get the movie, the paying potentially can get something additional, something physical which can't just be digitally replicated.

What do you think?

I think it is a good idea. We can implement a point system a reward users.
The kind of system your describe is more complicated that it seems. If it is a general point system that you get points for buying stuff it is not so complicated but getting a special rewards just for movies of XXX actress or XXX studios etc its more complicated that it seems.

Digital rewards is possible to implement but physical rewards as you are mentioning gets complicated as R18.com has users all around the world and the shipping cost can be very expensive sending everything from Japan.
It is possible to give signed posters for people who buy X movies of one actress but how about the shipping cost of this? it will be very different from country to country.

We are looking already about a point system and digital rewards. As I said I think this is a good idea.

Reactions: princeali692

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
I wish there were other sites similar to R18 other than their sister site DMM and Duga. Being in the U.S., I can't figure out how to get a purchase to go through with them which is a shame because Duga has quite a few movies I want. I did find Xcream which I great if they have the movie you want but that's hit and miss. I haven't purchased from R18 lately, having a hard time supporting them at this point. Any ideas on where else we can go?

Do you find it difficult to make a purchase in R18.com ? is the purchase flow difficult or we dont have the movies you want?

ra5whore

Mar 6, 2014
@R18.com
It would be nice if product description included video resolution. FHD, HD are inconsistent, there are movies at 800 x 450 that are counted as HD. The current labelling appears to coincide only with the bitrate of the video.
Commonly HD -> 720p, FHD -> 1080p, Ultra HD (UHD) -> 4k.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I think it is a good idea. We can implement a point system a reward users.
The kind of system your describe is more complicated that it seems. If it is a general point system that you get points for buying stuff it is not so complicated but getting a special rewards just for movies of XXX actress or XXX studios etc its more complicated that it seems.

Digital rewards is possible to implement but physical rewards as you are mentioning gets complicated as R18.com has users all around the world and the shipping cost can be very expensive sending everything from Japan.
It is possible to give signed posters for people who buy X movies of one actress but how about the shipping cost of this? it will be very different from country to country.

We are looking already about a point system and digital rewards. As I said I think this is a good idea.

As a regular customer of r18 I would LOVE a point system for digital awards. I have been buying a couple movies almost every 1 or 2 weeks since the beginning of 2015 so it would be neat to get some perks. :)

Reactions: Casshern2

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
@R18.com
It would be nice if product description included video resolution. FHD, HD are inconsistent, there are movies at 800 x 450 that are counted as HD. The current labelling appears to coincide only with the bitrate of the video.
Commonly HD -> 720p, FHD -> 1080p, Ultra HD (UHD) -> 4k.

Could you please led me know were is a movie with 800x450 as HD? I would like to investigate this.
Movies resolution for Download and Streaming are different. You get better resolution if you download the movie. Usually this movies are market as "HD Download + SD Streaming"

Reactions: Casshern2

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
before each of us assumes too much it's about this one www.dmm.co.jp/mono/dvd/-/detail/=/cid=84real526/
-each actress has hundreds of movies on r18 so it can't be their problem it's been taken down?
-dmm still sells this movie, digital and physical copies so how's it good for DMM but not for r18?
-r18 still sells 38 other movies from the same series, including 2 other high school specials (real526 being the first) so it shouldn't be the studio's issue either.

I have contacted the maker. It seems there is no mistake. The maker has indicate that this particular movie should not be distributed to overseas users.

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I have contacted the maker. It seems there is no mistake. The maker has indicate that this particular movie should not be distributed to overseas users.

That is really bizarre... and unfortunate because it looks like a really good one and I probably would have bought it eventually. I wonder what the reasoning is for them not wanting to sell it overseaso_O

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
So why did they put it up for overseas distribution in the first place? And how should I trust any of these "makers" to not do this again or trust you as a company?

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Waxaxa: they have like 200,000+ titles. Mistakes will happen. REAL-526 is by KM PRODUCE which is not a company DMM owns (yet?). As for why a single title that isn't even new isn't cleared for global distribution is weird, but that's the maker's choice.

Waxaxa

Mar 12, 2015
Waxaxa: they have like 200,000+ titles. Mistakes will happen. REAL-526 is by KM PRODUCE which is not a company DMM owns (yet?). As for why a single title that isn't even new isn't cleared for global distribution is weird, but that's the maker's choice.
Obviously it's not a mistake. Or are you implying R18 made a mistake when they were selling a title they should never been selling? Because in that case I'd expect a refund. If indeed the producer changed his mind after the few months from when I bought it then I guess it goes with the ToS, it's just a ridicolous way of handling things and as a paying customer who's been given no notification, no explanation will of course feel hard done by, if not fooled.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Waxaxa: R18 wrote earlier in this thread that if a title a user bought was removed, they'd probably give a refund or an exchange if they contacted support. A couple of titles out of 200,000 is a %.003 failure rate. Cut them some slack there, seriously.