Discussion about DMM website

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
JUX-726 was deleted from by library and JUX-750 was taken out of my wish list.

I will bet anyone bitcoin that R18 will NEVER give me or anyone else a real clear answer on what happened with those two titles. Another reason DRM is a farce.

strange because you carry madonna and titles before and after were released. Something is going on. Where is my Jux-726?

Madonna has cease the sell of JUX-726 and JUX-750 and made all their distributing channels (DMM/R18.com etc) to cease displaying it. That is why your item is not in your library any more.
If you go to Madonna website you cannot find this product any more so that means there is some issue with this DVDs. http://www.madonna-av.com
Please check Article 22 in our Terms of service.

JUX-746 is on sale on Madonna website and on DMM. This should come to R18.com soon.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Madonna has cease the sell of JUX-726 and JUX-750 and made all their distributing channels (DMM/R18.com etc) to cease displaying it. That is why your item is not in your library any more.
If you go to Madonna website you cannot find this product any more so that means there is some issue with this DVDs. http://www.madonna-av.com
Please check Article 22 in our Terms of service.

JUX-746 is on sale on Madonna website and on DMM. This should come to R18.com soon.
Thanks for shedding some light on this matter.

Justme4jav

May 25, 2014
W
Sorry, I see. FED-21, BEBE-06, and MGRO-01 are just available on DVD. DMM/R18.com does not have rights from the studio to sell it on digital version.

I think we mentioned before but our engineers are already working to move away from Silverlight. This takes a lot of time as all the movies (each movie size, device etc) needs to be re-encoded.
We do not love DRM/Silverlight either but we need to meet the Studios requirements to be able to get the rights to sell their movies.

Please get the rights to sell them. Good to hear you are moving away from it. Please make the next version of your DRM atlesst be used with a full fledged media player.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
The movie (JUX-746) was probably pulled for some reason. Possibly the model backed out or some other reason like that.

Were you refunded for your purchase (assuming you paid to download for life instead of streaming for x days)? If so, then please stop complaining. R18 (the user on A-O) does a pretty fine job taking time out of his day to reply to this thread.

Reactions: R18.com

pikuseru

Jul 27, 2015
DRM or not, there's no excuse for deleting existing videos from someone's library. DRM is one issue, and not giving customers access to a product they already paid for is a separate issue.

Music, movies, games, they get removed from digital distribution all the time. Of course, DVD and Blurays (which also have DRM) also often go out-of-print. But this is the first time I've ever heard of a distributor removing a title from a customer's personal library. That's just bizarre.

Whether DRM or no DRM, you should let customers have the product that they paid for. Otherwise, there's no point in them being customers.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
sideloaded obviously knows what DRM is and the perils of it. Yet, he still bought a DRM title and now it's gone. We get that. Screwed by circumstance, nothing more. Either way, as he says and seems to understand (hopefully going into the purchase) that with DRM you never own anything, really. So now we (you and I) get to read his rants in the one place on the internet it will make zero difference. He's a new member.

The fact is it is NOT unheard of for a title to be pulled physically from the shelves and distribution centers in Japan because the studio/publisher has to because an actress was found to be under-age, something wrong with the contract, the family of a star buys out the contract to have it pulled, etc.. It has been known to happen and if you read back in the long pages of this topic you'll find at least one example. They didn't pull a title from sideloaded's library solely, it is GONE from the site, the DMM site and any place in Japan where they could have it pulled. Everyone who had that in the library will find it missing today. Sucks they didn't get an explanation but there is one, they didn't decide to just pull that title to see who would notice.

I believe R18.com should absolutely reach out to customers, or at the very least this guy, to offer a replacement. If they don't want a replacement, they want JUX-726 back, it is not going to happen.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Somehow you mix a lot of different things. The first thing is pulling down titles. If they have to do so, they have to do so. The second thing is DRM. If you don't like it you have the power which every consumer has in such cases: Don't buy it. Buy it from another licenses retailer. Or buy a physical copy. In the worst case you have to go to Japan and buy it there (if no licensed company ships it international).

The point about shown as "New Member" in this case is not when the account was created but how much have been done with it. In the case of @sideloded that wasn't much (means he/she didn't contribute much). That's why the profile is still shown as "New Member".

IMHO it feels like @sideloaded is simply frustrated and just complains here about that. Means he/she doesn't want to her arguments or anything else. He/she just wants to bash R18/DMM. That's all.
Or the other way round: If you, @sideloaded, would be in the position of R18/DMM with the things already mentioned - there must be DRM or any kind or protection (but so far I only know DRM) and the named titles have to be withdrawn - what would you do? What kind of solution would you offer to the customers?

Reactions: princeali692

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Off Topic: We won't feel better, we'll feel nothing. It's the internet. We don't know this guy and he certainly hasn't contributed much of anything by way of upload or conversation, just some recent complaints in the This Isn't the Complaint Department thread. :D We'll move on.

On Topic: @R18.com When something like this happens and a title is pulled that has been paid for, will R18 in fact let customers who have purchased it know and offer any refund or alternate title? Surely it won't simply leave it as a lost investment. Thanks.

Reactions: R18.com

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015

R18.com

Jun 29, 2015
On Topic: @R18.com When something like this happens and a title is pulled that has been paid for, will R18 in fact let customers who have purchased it know and offer any refund or alternate title? Surely it won't simply leave it as a lost investment. Thanks.

The official reply will be: According to our article 22 in Terms of service:
"The operator may, notwithstanding the specification of the viewing period at the time of purchase, change the viewing period for the purchased digital contents if compelling circumstances exist. In such case, the operator shall be under no obligation to give any refund to the user."

As CodeGeek has mentioned we do not pull any content just because we fill like it. We pull content when there is any legal issue with it, a request from police/court etc.

Unofficial reply: If it happen that you bought a movie and it gets pulled in a sort period of time please send an email to support and we will refund it.

clemenceko

Jan 12, 2009
The official reply will be: According to our article 22 in Terms of service:
"The operator may, notwithstanding the specification of the viewing period at the time of purchase, change the viewing period for the purchased digital contents if compelling circumstances exist. In such case, the operator shall be under no obligation to give any refund to the user."

As CodeGeek has mentioned we do not pull any content just because we fill like it. We pull content when there is any legal issue with it, a request from police/court etc.

Unofficial reply: If it happen that you bought a movie and it gets pulled in a sort period of time please send an email to support and we will refund it.

Good to know as I have bought so many titles - over 20 to date ... at least I now know what to expect ... many thanks for the info

Mr.

Dec 27, 2012
I purchased a video from R18, how do I remove DRM protection and convert the video to mp4? Thanks

djan59

Sep 13, 2009
Hello, do you have problems for to pay with r18.com today ?
I have a message : "An unexpected error occured during payment processing". So if someone know the solution...
Sorry for my bad english ;-)

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I purchased a video from R18, how do I remove DRM protection and convert the video to mp4? Thanks
Mr., if you read randomly around this very thread you will find that, basically, you can't. Not in the true sense of the word "convert".

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
The only way I know of getting a DRM free version of what you bought is to play it and use screen capture software to make a copy without DRM.

Reactions: clemenceko