bitch I wanted to smack upside the head

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
Oct 6, 2007
we all know weeaboos are a disgrace to the human race but I recently came across one I wanted to reem out so bad.

I was leaving from buying groceries (in downtown Vancouver) and I saw your typical "I think I'm from an anime and I'm gonna wear all black clothes with cell phone charms hanging from everywhere but my non Japanese cell phone" anime fan. The thing that really pissed me off is she was wearing a beanie with a piece of white fabric that she clearly cut herself and safety pinned to her beanie that said BAKA (in Hiragana...sorry, I don't have Japanese text support anymore on my laptop). Now my initial reaction was to walk up to her and say "kimi wa nihongoga hanashimasuka?" and watch her reply "neko neko kawaii desu" but I stopped myself from doing so because she was with her obese mother who clearly didn't give a shit about her appearance for letting her monstrosity of a weeaboo child walk around with her, but I digress.

WHAT IS HERE BEANIE STATING? Is SHE an idiot? Aside from the obvious...am I an idiot for being able to read a foreign language? If I saw someone wearing a shirt that said "FUCKING MORON" I would assume THEY are a fucking moron...so this girl is telling everyone she's an idiot by having a beanie with one of the 5 Japanese words that weeboos know (the others being neko, kawaii, desu, and arigatou)?

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Next time take a picture and throw it up here and over on that /b/ chan website. Let them have their way.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Kinda got yourself worked up there. Waste of energy.

porkar

Apr 2, 2007
Yeah, keep your shirt on, everyone is different. Japan people need support at this time, not more grief.

Oct 6, 2007
Yeah, keep your shirt on, everyone is different. Japan people need support at this time, not more grief.

she wasn't Japanese, she was caucasian.

don't worry I'm doing my part, I've donated and I'm personally sending my friends packages with instant ramen once transportation is running smoothly.

lowleg26

non-active
Oct 25, 2009
Vancouver? I thought you were over in Korea? :puzzled: I'm outta the loop. :dunno:

I'd entertain the possibility that this girl has no idea what the hell the kana on her head means. In which case, 'baka' becomes incredibly appropriate. She may also think the term has a much lighter connotation (ie she thinks "my hat says 'silly' or 'absurd', desu!" and not "my hat says 'I'm dumb as a fucking post', sushi!").

Also, and this is a long shot, I remember reading a Jlist mailing a long time ago where the writer explained how the term "baka gaijin" was often mumbled under peoples breath whenever a westerner committed a social faux pas. Maybe this girl is wearing the word "ironically"?

Or maybe not. :joker:

Lets just take her at her word that she's an idiot. :pandalaugh:

Oct 6, 2007
I came back to Vancouver in January so I can work off paying me debts, I can earn more money in Canada than I can in Korea (ironically)

It's true that most weeaboos don't know the meaning to 90% of what they see, or read it mis translated.

Blood

Apr 15, 2008
In all fairness the Japanese have been continuously raping the English language for far longer and to a much wider extent than westerners abusing the Japanese language (http://www.engrish.com/). So if Japanese people can walk around with clothing covered in bad English then wouldn’t it be more than fair that we could do the same but with Japanese?

Plus you make it sounds like if the girl is a teenager in which case come on give her a break, she probably have enough problems as it is (would much rather stab myself in the eye with a spoon than go bake to being a teenager again:scared:).

Why can’t we just stop with all the hating and focused on being nice to each one and other, if you see her again way don’t you just give her a huge instead of working yourself in to a frenzy :notagain:

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
if you see her again way don’t you just give her a huge

A huge what? Is that what one calls a Freudian slip?

Oct 6, 2007
In all fairness the Japanese have been continuously raping the English language for far longer and to a much wider extent than westerners abusing the Japanese language (http://www.engrish.com/). So if Japanese people can walk around with clothing covered in bad English then wouldn’t it be more than fair that we could do the same but with Japanese?

Plus you make it sounds like if the girl is a teenager in which case come on give her a break, she probably have enough problems as it is (would much rather stab myself in the eye with a spoon than go bake to being a teenager again:scared:).

Why can’t we just stop with all the hating and focused on being nice to each one and other, if you see her again way don’t you just give her a huge instead of working yourself in to a frenzy :notagain:

I'm not saying when Japanese people do it it's any better (or any other non English countries for that reason too). There was a parody of an Abercrombie and Fitch hoodie in Korea that said BITCH. It gave me a laugh when I saw it in the store window but I thought "who would be dumb enough to buy that?" and that same day I saw a girl with it on...-_-;

Blood

Apr 15, 2008
A huge what? Is that what one calls a Freudian slip?

Hahaha It would be hilarious if it was, unfortunately I think it has more to do with me being terrible at spelling (and English in general for that matter), English as you probably have noticed is not my first language (not that I needed to point that out) so you have to beer with me as I undoubtedly while continue to lay waste to this noble language XD

I'm not saying when Japanese people do it it's any better (or any other non English countries for that reason too). There was a parody of an Abercrombie and Fitch hoodie in Korea that said BITCH. It gave me a laugh when I saw it in the store window but I thought "who would be dumb enough to buy that?" and that same day I saw a girl with it on...-_-;

I have to admit I would probably buy that sweeter just for the hell of it, I think it would make a nice addition to my collection together with my ‘I love tentacles’ shirt (When it comes to tentacles then the Japanese seems to have no problem spelling) :)

At the same time I have to say I see were you are coming from but since im guilty of the exact same crime (huge, hug…) as whoever makes all of those shirt I’m not really in a position to cretic someone else’s spelling :dotdotdot::dotdotdot::dotdotdot::dotdotdot:

Oct 6, 2007
Hahaha It would be hilarious if it was, unfortunately I think it has more to do with me being terrible at spelling (and English in general for that matter), English as you probably have noticed is not my first language (not that I needed to point that out) so you have to beer with me as I undoubtedly while continue to lay waste to this noble language XD

I have to admit I would probably buy that sweeter just for the hell of it, I think it would make a nice addition to my collection together with my ‘I love tentacles’ shirt (When it comes to tentacles then the Japanese seems to have no problem spelling) :)

At the same time I have to say I see were you are coming from but since im guilty of the exact same crime (huge, hug…) as whoever makes all of those shirt I’m not really in a position to cretic someone else’s spelling :dotdotdot::dotdotdot::dotdotdot::dotdotdot:

While your English is far from perfect you're in a better position than the t-shirt companies that actually sell shit with English written on it. You're just learning the language, you're not selling clothing with spelling errors.

Blood

Apr 15, 2008
While your English is far from perfect you're in a better position than the t-shirt companies that actually sell shit with English written on it. You're just learning the language, you're not selling clothing with spelling errors.

I see were you are getting at; but still what I’m trying to say is that i find all the negativity in your first post unnecessary. Language is after all a way of expressing yourself and i see the whole beanie thing with the text one as a way for her to express her love for Japanese culture.

As far as I can discern from reading your post her enthusiasm don’t quite seam to match her technical ability (meaning her mastery/understanding of the Japanese language). When you are still in the proses of refining ones technical ability you are inevitably going to steep on some ones toes (in this case yours) when you try to use these still rudimentary skills to express yourself.

I think that it would be better if we would strive towards having an understanding of the plight of others in their struggles to learn a foreign language (which is after all as far as I’m concerned on of the most difficult things you can do), and instead of just bury them in a heap of mean-spirited remarks help them because I think we all have been in a similar situation at some point in life.

In conclusion, the message I’m trying to convey is that there’s nothing to gain from making derogatory statements about some random teenager that likes anime and j-pop (or whatever she in to), having been of the receiving end of similar remarks when I was younger, my experience is that post like yours will only led to unnecessary pain and wont inspire the person in question to try and better themselves (Which I assume you would like her to).

I’m not shore if any of that made any sense (not to self, don’t try to be philosophical while not having slept for two days) and I might in retrospect have seriously overanalyzed things but still please stop hating, it's bad for your karma if you belive in that shit XD

Oct 6, 2007
I understand where you are going with your post Blood, but do you really think in order to improve your grasp of the English language you should write "IDIOT" and put it on a beanie and wear it around town? It makes you look stupid. The only thing is that "baka" is one of the idiot weeaboo trend words like kawaii, neko, and desu. Many weeaboo only learn a handful (under 10) Japanese words and abuse them to try and make themselves seem cool. I'm currently in the process of learning Korean and while I'm far from fluent I don't have ANY clothes that have Korean writing on them saying anything at all. I have a notebook that has tons of vocab and sentence structure examples though. That is how your improve your skills while learning a new language, not wear a beanie that says "바보" (idiot in Korean). If I did ALL my Korean friends would laugh at me and probably be hesitant to talk to me upon meeting them initially.

Blood

Apr 15, 2008
I understand where you are going with your post Blood, but do you really think in order to improve your grasp of the English language you should write "IDIOT" and put it on a beanie and wear it around town? It makes you look stupid. The only thing is that "baka" is one of the idiot weeaboo trend words like kawaii, neko, and desu. Many weeaboo only learn a handful (under 10) Japanese words and abuse them to try and make themselves seem cool. I'm currently in the process of learning Korean and while I'm far from fluent I don't have ANY clothes that have Korean writing on them saying anything at all. I have a notebook that has tons of vocab and sentence structure examples though. That is how your improve your skills while learning a new language, not wear a beanie that says "바보" (idiot in Korean). If I did ALL my Korean friends would laugh at me and probably be hesitant to talk to me upon meeting them initially.

I didn’t mean is at the act of writing stuff on your clothes is in itself an effective method of learning (although reading my post again i cane understand how that could have been misconstrued so sorry about that one), but that the love for the culture of an specific country might actually led to someone to attend serious study’s in attempt to learn the language. The whole clothing debacle dos not necessarily mean that you are in some way incapable of actually learning which a lot of people seem to think because hey if you dress a certain way you are obviously retarded.

For an example I have always been something of an Anglophile (not shore about if that’s the correct term but hopefully you can understand the core of what I’m trying to say) which originally stemmed from me listening to a lot of joy division while growing up. Ian Curtis (the singer for those for those who don’t know) was known for at some occasions wearing a black coat with the words ‘Hate’ written in bold letters on the back.

Being a stupid and easily impersonal teenager I bought an almost identical coat only when it came to the writing on the back I spelled it ‘hatte’(it still bugs me to this day). I’m shore a lot of people had the exact same reaction to me as you had to this girl you mentioned and probably thought of me as a god dame retard that would probably benefit from an old-fashioned beat down (or a smack upside the head). However this fascination/obsession made me wanting to studying English even outside of what I was being thought in school (mostly so I could one day write my own lyrics and star my own band which off course never happened) and now a few years later I just finished my IELTS’s exam which I unfortunately didn’t do as good at as I would like, but still (the writing part in particular was something of a major cock up) decent enough for me to be able to qualify for university level education in an English speaking country which I’m in the proses of applying for.

So again please don’t judge the kid, you never know, she might surprise you.
:diploma:

And being angry and full of rage is not good for you heart either XD

http://www.usatoday.com/yourlife/health/medical/heartdisease/2010-08-19-anger-arteries_N.htm

Btw sorry if I ended up ruining the thread by taking this all to serious :defeat: