AV Open 2016

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Zen10101

Aug 20, 2008
Here we go again!

img_slide13.jpg

Masami Ichikawa, Rika Hoshimi and Yua Mikami.

http://www.av-open.jp/top.html

https://twitter.com/AVOPEN_official

With the help of google translate, I think this is what happens on the respective dates:

6/1: The site opens, and the mascots for this year are revealed.
6/17: Promotional video released.
7/12: Competing AVs are announced. (could we see 100 this year?) and pre-orders begin.
9/1 Release date of the videos, and voting begins.
9/30: Voting ends.
10-11 November: Winners to be announced at the Japan Adult Expo 2016.

slider26.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: paparoach408

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
The DMM awards i think also happened a month ago

Performer of the year: Hibiki Otsuki
Newcomer of the year: Yua Mikami
Excellent actress Prize(most popular by WEB vote, a meeting place vote): Aika
Special prize(actress that played a special role in the industry): Julia
Media Award(basically biggest crossover star): Sakura Mana
Best Picture: Yua Mikami debut
Masami Ichikawa also won an award

mugenbenoit

May 25, 2016
hopefully they have got something better than last and previous year :hi:

Reactions: samurai79

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
The DMM awards i think also happened a month ago

Performer of the year: Hibiki Otsuki
Newcomer of the year: Yua Mikami
Excellent actress Prize(most popular by WEB vote, a meeting place vote): Aika
Special prize(actress that played a special role in the industry): Julia
Media Award(basically biggest crossover star): Sakura Mana
Best Picture: Yua Mikami debut
Masami Ichikawa also won an award

agree with you ;)

this year will be Hibiki's turn to win performer of the year, Aika and Julia will win some awards too like the most popular, ecc

hopefully they have got something better than last and previous year :hi:

I hope the same, but I'm started to worry that this summer might be not so good like last summer :(

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
agree with you ;)

this year will be Hibiki's turn to win performer of the year, Aika and Julia will win some awards too like the most popular, ecc

I hope the same, but I'm started to worry that this summer might be not so good like last summer :(

No Minako Komukai this year, it's already going to be worse! :aghh:

mugenbenoit

May 25, 2016
last year there was one by Moodyz, that one wins the AVOpen 2015 where Yui Haitano was there and a big fat gay sucking a guy's penis :muntah:can't believe that one won, it is by far the worst (no offence) I am worrying this year, most of the studio might use Japanese Gays :shock2:

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
last year there was one by Moodyz, that one wins the AVOpen 2015 where Yui Haitano was there and a big fat gay sucking a guy's penis :muntah:can't believe that one won, it is by far the worst (no offence) I am worrying this year, most of the studio might use Japanese Gays :shock2:
I take quite a large offense to that, even with that moment it was still one of the best of last year, also i don't see how a one off scene would cause companies to have more scenes like that, Minako Komukai won an AVOpen 2014 and there wasn't a single gay scene in it

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Masami Ichikawa, Hoshi Mirika and Yua Mikami.
img_slide13.jpg

Hummpf... another 3 relatively unknown girls. I guess the role of ambassadors/spokeswomen/mascots are reserved for the junior newbies instead of big names?

Let's see... Rika Hoshimi 星美りか (not Hoshi Mirika)... I might have a faint hint of impression about her. Oh yeah she's in a few group sex vids I collected ... and a Bus Tour vid. Decent tits... that's about my impression.

And Masami Ichikawa (市川まさみ)... Yua Mikami (三上悠亜).... what what what??? Who are they???

Anyone feel free to pitch to comment on these three girls.

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
Masami Ichikawa is getting a push by Soft on Demand, as she started in one of those "SOD employee" maybe two or three years ago. She hasn't done many videos, however I think she will be in the business for a long time so she has enough time to improve.

Reactions: Supmop

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012

very hard to beat Moodyz bako bako, it has a lot of great scenes and lot of famous girls, 90% of the most famous girls in JAV are in that movie, performed in the same room

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Hummpf... another 3 relatively unknown girls. I guess the role of ambassadors/spokeswomen/mascots are reserved for the junior newbies instead of big names?

Let's see... Rika Hoshimi 星美りか (not Hoshi Mirika)... I might have a faint hint of impression about her. Oh yeah she's in a few group sex vids I collected ... and a Bus Tour vid. Decent tits... that's about my impression.

And Masami Ichikawa (市川まさみ)... Yua Mikami (三上悠亜).... what what what??? Who are they???

Anyone feel free to pitch to comment on these three girls.

Yua Mikami is the former SKE48 girl that debuted with Muteki who has already won DMM newcomer of the year, Masami Ichikawa is the Soft on Demand girl, who have had a girl on the cover each of the last few years Matsuoka China last in 2015, and Sakura Mana in 2014.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
It looks like the entries are being broken down this year by scenario/genre rather than by studio size/prestige, as they were in the past two. I wonder how that's going to play out. It would be interesting to see smaller studios beat out the big guys.

wee need to see the movies entries first, after that we can start to make prediction

most of big studios don't released super movies in June, maybe they preparing their resources for AV Open, and if they do I think would be difficult for mediocre and small studios to compete with them

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
It looks like the entries are being broken down this year by scenario/genre rather than by studio size/prestige, as they were in the past two. I wonder how that's going to play out. It would be interesting to see smaller studios beat out the big guys.

Is that what they meant with "new categories"? I was gonna ask what's the deal... But in fact I had not even known the old categories were based on football (soccer for yankees) league-like stratification. No wonder I was losing interest after the first few categories.

But... maybe it's not such a meaningful change anyway.

Reactions: kharo88

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
agree with you ;)

What has Hibiki done this year to deserve that award? I think Aika's inconsistent, but even she deserves it more than Hibiki just based on the amount of work she's putting out.

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
What has Hibiki done this year to deserve that award? I think Aika's inconsistent, but even she deserves it more than Hibiki just based on the amount of work she's putting out.

since the start of 2015 Aika has put out about 140 videos(Excluding compilations) while Hibiki over 200, so no the amount of work isn't in Aikas favor

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
since the start of 2015 Aika has put out about 140 videos(Excluding compilations) while Hibiki over 200, so no the amount of work isn't in Aikas favor

Fair enough. I just haven't seen anyone talk about any exemplary videos from her especially this year. Aika's work is being far more hyped.

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
If I had to choose a performer of the year so far, I'd choose Kaho Shibuya. Skill, enthusiasm and consistency. All of her vids are quality even if the themes or finishes are not what I'm into.

Reactions: dewback

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
Fair enough. I just haven't seen anyone talk about any exemplary videos from her especially this year. Aika's work is being far more hyped.
all about personal taste, in my opinion about 90% of Aika videos have been subpar, but she has a great look! while Hibiki does her usual, underappreciated good stuff. DMM did award Hibiki performer of the year, while Aika won the popularity award