AV Open 2016

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
My biased view about contract girl or some kind of ranking/star power/status/success for any girls including Aimi Yoshikawa is that it's poison. Or at least a career retarder. Or another way to put it, JAV is kind of communistic about top idols.

When Aimi debuted, I was instantly a huge fan. She was a baby face with a devil's body, a sweet outside appearance but ready and willing to turn into the naughty girl. But very quickly the repetition of all sex vids gets boring an as she aged past 20, that very subtle hint of maturation was enough to turn her from a rare gem to just one of a number of hot busty young women.

I'm sure being a contract girl is good for her, but I've pretty much lost interest in her as a result. The same might be true for a number of other top level idols. The funny thing is, once Aimi is officially past her prime, and falls into a second-line idol status, that may be the most exciting thing.

One point is: the industry view of what is befitting the status of a top idol: generally all sex, not too hard core, no gonzo, no interracial, no anal, not even "cheap" gimmicks such as cosplay or role-play and fan-appreciation fest. Basically the logic is that a second-line idol (say Ayumi Shinoda) benefits from taking on a lot of role-play and variety. Therefore role-play and variety tarnish an idol as NOT top level.

Another classic case of top-status limiting a girl's development: Rion. And... I've just gone over a couple vids of Yua Mikami, particularly her supposedly blockbuster debut vid. Maybe I shall write a longer post on it... but the impression is what makes a blockbuster, a top idol isn't the same it the best the most exciting in my JAV taste.

yes I think most of the freelancers are more interesting to watch, they have more variety, they can do more hardcore actions

Aimi needed those studios to improve her popularity and her financial, so I don't think its poisened, but I do agree it hold her to improve, good for her she decided to became freelancer

thats why I'm supporting freelancer to be win the best actress

Last edited:

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
It seems I wrote my last post without checking Aimi's recent productions so what I said was out of date. It seems she has done exactly what I said I was hoping to do, released from an exclusive contract (she began with the SOD's STAR label then to the Team Zero's TEAM label) but I seems I've somehow missed the new exciting trend of her career because I was getting bored by STAR and TEAM.

Now look she has a steady output of bondage vid (about 1 per 2 months), a few 3+ girls group sex vid (I'm watching ZUKO-100 now) some role-playing, old man, lesbian sex, along with the soap/all sex vids that seems an absolute requirement for top (or near top) idols.

In my view of JAV, she has "graduated" from top idol to a "second line" or "recently ex top idol". But her loss of status is my gain, ZUKO is a good label to catch these "recent ex-" girls. A truly top idol would not need to (or prevented by the studio) share the limelight with other girls (especially if they are in the same category, i.e. young face with big tits). But now that (I think) Aimi's star has fallen a little, she's great to watch in all these roles and gimmicky vids.

Reactions: paparoach408

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
It seems I wrote my last post without checking Aimi's recent productions so what I said was out of date. It seems she has done exactly what I said I was hoping to do, released from an exclusive contract (she began with the SOD's STAR label then to the Team Zero's TEAM label) but I seems I've somehow missed the new exciting trend of her career because I was getting bored by STAR and TEAM.

Now look she has a steady output of bondage vid (about 1 per 2 months), a few 3+ girls group sex vid (I'm watching ZUKO-100 now) some role-playing, old man, lesbian sex, along with the soap/all sex vids that seems an absolute requirement for top (or near top) idols.

In my view of JAV, she has "graduated" from top idol to a "second line" or "recently ex top idol". But her loss of status is my gain, ZUKO is a good label to catch these "recent ex-" girls. A truly top idol would not need to (or prevented by the studio) share the limelight with other girls (especially if they are in the same category, i.e. young face with big tits). But now that (I think) Aimi's star has fallen a little, she's great to watch in all these roles and gimmicky vids.

same with me, I bored by her SOD and Team Zero movies, but I enjoyed her Moodyz movies, and maybe will enjoy her new movies too

yup her status as freelancer = I can watch her performing more genres, so I can like her more

Zuko, Moodyz and Honnaka are the best, and Kira Kira sometimes

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
Just based on she's not a contract girl or exclusive contract girl? But I'd guess most of the minor studios where her recent vids are coming from are still one big family under one industry giant, DMM. The studios, big or small, are semi-independent, but they are all owned by one entity.

Actually combining a few things being mentioned: "isn't attached to any top company", "hasn't made any noteworthy vid in last year", and add this from your link:

It sure sounds like "ohh... we (the power-that-be) seem to have neglected you (Hibiki) all this time, here, let's give you this trophy and spotlight. And this year's hmm... read the trophy, right! Best Actress of the Year, goes to Hibiki Otsuki!" Even possible... that she let slip her "frustrated" and "I would quit" sentiment to her agency and the studios made a calculation, let her drifts towards retirement or give her a (big) award and keep/reboot her career.

Personally I'm happy with their decision. She's good performer, despite not having a lot of big releases lately. If you go by the high profile releases in 2015-2016, yeah I agree she's definitely not as deserving as Julia, Aika, Kaho Shibuya, Ayumi Shinoda, Shunka Ayami etc. Even Anri Okita, I'm not Anri's fan, but her last few vids up to her retirement were really excellent. But quality of the vids is secondary to (near) future commercial value, a retiring performer (Anri or Ai Uehara) would never get an award, no matter how amazing their vids are during that year. But Julia and Ayumi etc. had already won awards in the past. Eight years, she's frustrated and need some love and admiration, it's her turn.

Anyway I was saying I'm happy with her win. She's in a few of my fav vids, almost all of them non-solo works, e.g. last years AV Open: AVOP-164, AVOP-107, AVOP-131, or a 1/9 share of the star-studded MIMK-039. All the more suggestion that's she hasn't been a studios' favorite up until the award. And hopefully the award will boost her career and help her land some good studios and some good vids.
As if this overdue recognition never occurs in the U. S. Academy Awards - like when Ingrid Bergman won an Oscar® for her role in "Murder On The Orient Express" (1974). Nobody complains about it then and there. ;)

Zen10101

Aug 20, 2008
whoopsie...I'd caught something wrong. Today is just the release of the pointless promotional video, July 12 is the announcement of the competing titles:confused:

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
And just knowing the titles is almost pointless too. We already know the big studios will be all there, There will be some big orgy titles with the top stars, they will be a few fresh face debut, some of each fetish.

There will be a bit more to discuss when we get the cover image, but I won't be really so interested until the day the vids are out. In the meantime...

Seems we've exhausted the topic of top idol awards. How about best vid award(s)?
Saki Hatsumi won Best video
So which one was it? Let's see how many folks here registered that... (TEK-067 already turned out a bit of dud).

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
And just knowing the titles is almost pointless too. We already know the big studios will be all there, There will be some big orgy titles with the top stars, they will be a few fresh face debut, some of each fetish.

There will be a bit more to discuss when we get the cover image, but I won't be really so interested until the day the vids are out. In the meantime...

Seems we've exhausted the topic of top idol awards. How about best vid award(s)?

like usually I will vote for the hottest orgy videos ;)

seems studios like S1, Moodyz, Kira Kira, Zukkon Bakon, Prestige will be strong candidates again

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012

So which one was it? Let's see how many folks here registered that... (TEK-067 already turned out a bit of dud).

so looking it up it seems it was her rare debut video(she debuted in 2011 but didn't have a proper debut video) which was released at the end of 2014 HODV-21011, i think here's the page http://adult-awards.com/archives/2016/

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
then you should watch more of her adult movies ;)

true

but I like to search her movies from mediocre companies and project, and from what I have seen I think (yes it can be subjective) she has done some great jobs, she made the movie look better

I've watched plenty of films with her in it. I just haven't kept much. Her cowgirl is great, but that's about it to me and because the videos are directed by and for men, she ends up taking it on her back in the end. Her BJs are inconsistent. Even on the old Demon Fellatio vid, she was outshined.

She's a great performer, but like I said, I've never watched a Hibiki video I kept besides and old Honnaka and her IR vid with REAL.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I've watched plenty of films with her in it. I just haven't kept much. Her cowgirl is great, but that's about it to me and because the videos are directed by and for men, she ends up taking it on her back in the end. Her BJs are inconsistent. Even on the old Demon Fellatio vid, she was outshined.

She's a great performer, but like I said, I've never watched a Hibiki video I kept besides and old Honnaka and her IR vid with REAL.

sometimes she finished the action at cowgirl position, her BJ skill is good, her overall performance are great

I kept all of her orgy movies, and some of her reverse gangbang and solo movies

I think its preference, for me she is more than great, but not for you

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
So the AV Open 2016 films have been revealed and.....Looks fairly disappointing and pretty sure Moodyz has won it, not because they have the best video, but it's because Syoko Takahashi is in there film. many of the videos from the top companies are just debuts, so seems like they didn't really try this year

Reactions: Supmop

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
So the AV Open 2016 films have been revealed and.....Looks fairly disappointing and pretty sure Moodyz has won it, not because they have the best video, but it's because Syoko Takahashi is in there film. many of the videos from the top companies are just debuts, so seems like they didn't really try this year

don't see big orgy video from Moodyz yet, seem they will not bring bako bako fans thanksgiving video for this contest again

I think AVOP-213 from kira kira is a strong candidate, orgy with aika, rena fukushi, chinami sakura, karen uehara, moka !!

AVOP-212 from kawai is interesting too, its have aika's duet again

Nozomi Sasayama have MMFF action, not with Rena Fukishi like I wished, but her duet with Yumi Kazama still worth to watch ;)

Prestige have 2 orgy videos but the girls is not famous, so far I see AVOP-213 is the strongest

Last edited:

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
and from all of the videos, I think AVOP-279 have fresh idea, sex with chinese vampire !!

Reactions: kharo88

kharo88

Akiba Citizen
Sep 13, 2015
and from all of the videos, I think AVOP-279 have fresh idea, sex with chinese vampire !!

That sounds promising! :D Where can I check out all these films? (I know they're not out yet, just the covers and stuff.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found them! (But not the Chinese Vampire Girl one...)

Also, AROMA is pretty brave/foolish to enter with a title like that. Does anyone even think that that film has the slightest chance of winning?

Last edited:

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
Hummpf... another 3 relatively unknown girls. I guess the role of ambassadors/spokeswomen/mascots are reserved for the junior newbies instead of big names?

Let's see... Rika Hoshimi 星美りか (not Hoshi Mirika)... I might have a faint hint of impression about her. Oh yeah she's in a few group sex vids I collected ... and a Bus Tour vid. Decent tits... that's about my impression.

And Masami Ichikawa (市川まさみ)... Yua Mikami (三上悠亜).... what what what??? Who are they???

Anyone feel free to pitch to comment on these three girls.
You must be living under a rock to not know who Masami Ichikawa and Yua Mikami are. They are one of the hottest JAV Idols outside of the very established JAV stars.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
Could someone provide me with a direct link to where I can see a list of the reveals.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
That sounds promising! :D Where can I check out all these films? (I know they're not out yet, just the covers and stuff.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I think I found them! (But not the Chinese Vampire Girl one...)

Also, AROMA is pretty brave/foolish to enter with a title like that. Does anyone even think that that film has the slightest chance of winning?

Here is the Chinese Vampire Girl one

http://www.av-open.jp/works/-/detail/=/cid=avop279/

Last edited:
Reactions: kharo88

theydonotwantto

Aug 10, 2011
Just take a quick look of all titles, only AVOP-259 from baby ent and AVOP-256 interest me. What a boring year of av open.

I see some title look like a big collection of old vids, they're not even release a new one.

The story will be mostly fuck with different actress, no interesting story line or fantasy.