Server OS had to be re-installed.

Everything working ok?

snakeboy

Former Staff
Sep 13, 2007
So far, so good.

CONSTANT IIS/FastCGI timeouts... :( And lots of this:

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\newattachment.php on line 14

U need freeBSD :)

Thanks for attending before withdrawals set in.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
Whew! That was a close one.

I was just beginning to attempt to imagine what life would be like without Akiba. It wasn't pleasant.
.:bow-pray:Thanks, Chompy, et. al. (for the 1000th time) for all your hard work.
:frozen2:We really miss you guys when the site is down.

Things are still quite slow. I often have to refresh 4, 5, 6 times to get a page.

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
So far, so good.

CONSTANT IIS/FastCGI timeouts... :( And lots of this:

Code:
PHP Fatal error:  Maximum execution time of 90 seconds exceeded in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\forum\newattachment.php on line 14
U need freeBSD :)

Thanks for attending before withdrawals set in.
Drag...

I'm working on the server settings after migrating from Isapi to fastcgi

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
There are times when pages do not load at all.

Down times maybe unavoidable but we're lucky to have people like you fixing the problems! We are very much grateful. Thanks chompy! (and all the other peeps and mods!).

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
So far, so good ...

Knock on wood.

Well the server was being a real bear for a while, but for the last 45 minutes or so everything has been running very smooth. Chompy must be wearing his texas boots (you know, the ones with the pointy toes, so you can stomp on bugs hiding in the corners). LOL

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
It seems to recover when there are less users online.

I am trying to wrap my head around the fastcgi queue system and its interaction with IIS application pool, and figuring out a queue number that works for the forum :murder: so if IIS is anyone's area of expertise let me know.

It's a lot of trial and error. Mostly error.

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
np :)

important thing is that AO is still alive :)

also, i got lots of strange errors and timeouts, especially when i try to post and load attachments to posts, but i know that my line is one of the worse around, so i'm sorry that this cannot give you any real indication about if the problems are from your side, or from my side

anyway, thanks for the efforts :)

Juuna Himura

Apr 19, 2008
No major problem.....still very happy not to loose his GOOOd forum.....

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
The Junior Idol Group is kinda dyslexic and bass ackwards.....

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
From one who spends too much time on Akiba ...

I think I've had like one(1) 404 in like three hours. It's quick. It's responsive. I've exersized the search engine in many strange ways - no hiccups. Attachments - not perfect, but way better than it's been in months. PMs, friend requests, albums, clubs, etc.

I haven't seen Akiba running this smoothly since last summer, before the august crash.

All in all, Sir Chompy, and anyone else up there in the high tower, you have my compliments and my gratitude.

knock on wood.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
In what way?

How would you improve it?

Feel free to post any suggestions in the Feedback & Suggestions forum

What I meant was, before the OS re-install I would go to the Junior Idol Group and the group pics were at the top and the most current member postings were right below it.
Now when I go there, the pics are there but only the first post by Chompy from early 2008 is showing and I have to navigate my way to the most current posts. So, it's gone from most current post, to the very first post from long ago....
Maybe it's no big deal, but I was just used to being treated to the most current stuff first.
Aqua

handyman

Super Perv
Former Staff
Nov 16, 2006
What I meant was, before the OS re-install I would go to the Junior Idol Group and the group pics were at the top and the most current member postings were right below it.
Now when I go there, the pics are there but only the first post by Chompy from early 2008 is showing and I have to navigate my way to the most current posts. So, it's gone from most current post, to the very first post from long ago....
Maybe it's no big deal, but I was just used to being treated to the most current stuff first.
Aqua

Oh yea I noticed that too.

Kind of annoying isn't it...

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
Aqua -

I'm glad you clarified what you were saying. Your initial comment was rather ambiguous. We thought you were dissing the Junior Idol Group. We were considering taking you out behind the tower and beating you up. But now we know what you were talking about.

rubiks6

Apr 2, 2008
I just got a FastCGI error ...

... on a very short (one liner) private message. Hmmm. When I tried to resubmit I was told I had to wait 60 seconds between private message submissions. Maybe this post took 60 seconds to write. Let's see ....