anything NEW?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

rush808

Jul 10, 2008
So I pretty much stopped looking for anime since i was reading manga.

Is there anything new upcoming anime lately? :puzzled:

the last "new" anime i saw was Air Gear.

Is it me or there hasn't been any new stuff as of late...

Oh, i likey shonen and senien. not really watching bleach or naruto since i really hate the meaningless filler, and the manga is lightyears ahead.

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
There's pretty much constantly new anime, even if it's just adaptions of light novels and manga. You just aren't looking at all if you seriously think they barely ever make anything new.

Since there's way too much to list here, I'll link a page that has a list of everything new for December, January, and February.

Link.

rush808

Jul 10, 2008
yea, dont do much searching for anime. jus go off of reccomendations of friends. plus i need subbed or dubbed.

i see alot of selections on crunchy roll, but none really spikes my intrest.

like seinen so any suggestions?

kenichi was awesome.

beserk was the shizzznit, but art quality was lacking.

its hard sifting through all the kiddy anime

kagami hawke

Apr 27, 2010
I'm not really sure what to say for recommendations. I usually don't like most modern stuff because there's way too much of the moe fad, and I can't stand anything like that, since it never has a plot or anything decent to it. Lately I just stick to older stuff I missed from before I was born.

I'd say the best thing to do if you want something recent would be to just take a title, and look up a little bit of a description for it somewhere, and if it sounds like something you might like, just watch a few episodes to see if it's what you'd be into or not. That's usually how I go about it for newer stuff, so I don't really know what else to suggest.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
The upcoming season is pretty god damn terrible.

The only thing of note that's coming out this upcoming season is Beelzebub, but even that will be ruined because there's so few chapters of the manga for an ongoing series.

Not to mention the animation is Pierrot. Their resume is full of such awful and inconsistent animation it's a bit ridiculous. It will most likely get the "zomg this is awsome win kekekeke epic!" type crowd also sadly.

Level-e is probably the other one worth a chance.

But there is a crap load of ecchi/moe blob type crap also, so the 4chan/sankaku crowd (same thing) will worship anything that's posted to either and call the series "great!" after a boob or panty shot.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
There's pretty much constantly new anime

Why bump this.........................and make me look foolish for rec'ing one of the best mangas with one of the WORST anime adaptions EVER, heh.

You never know how things will end up I guess, lol..

Fate/Zero is the only SAFE one this upcoming season to rec.

looper_8

Feb 26, 2009
recently i have been watching some new animes some are good but mostly are crap to me since most of new stuff are turning into a light heart based manga trend

some of good anime that have x factor for me are

Deadman Wonderland , it has just finish season 1 , all 12 ep
it has interesting story concept + excellent graphic artwork

blood -c
it just started about 3 ep ago, however it mix with a light heart story line unlike its predecessor plus a new heroic character
but it not all bad since there are fighting scene almost at the end of 2nd half
hopefully the creator will wake up and turn this series back into dark roots once again *finger cross*
ps when this scene appear, i think there will be a light heart novel base game for psp yes you hear it 1st here

Nurarihyon no Mago: Sennen Makyou
finally i found some new and delighting anime that i really love to follow it to death ever since one piece.
its has humor every now then but its has this very interesting introduction of the fighting scene that similar to the style used in Sumomomo Momomo. the story revolve an middle-schooler who just come to know he's an yokai and futher more, the grandson of Nurarihyon
if u are an regular manga reader, u should know this manga is already 170 chapter in, it will be a good start for anyone to get into the anime and if it get very interesting at some point , u should start follow the manga

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Is it me or do most the of the characters in that show seem to be nuts?

yup, that's part of its greatness
sure, in the end it's still the same "good guy solving everybody's problems and every girl will fall for him" we saw a billion times, but it's funny nonetheless

i also liked ALOT the first few episodes of Level-E, for the same crazyness i guess

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
definitely not new but city hunter, gaki deka, tensai bakabon are worth a look. slightly less old, blood. i got a whole bunch of stuff from a friend a while back but couldnt get into it...ended up deleting. dont really watch anime actually. oh and dragonball of course (just the original series though).

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I recently downloaded Durarara!!, which is not all that new but it is fairly newly dubbed. I really enjoyed the first episode so I downloaded the entire first season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durarara!!

I got it off of TPB but havent checked the quality as of yet. If you are interested let me know and I will tell you what I think. The episodes are also being posted there by despoiler, (I believe, could be C_P), but he is only up to episode 6 or 7.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I recently downloaded Durarara!!, which is not all that new but it is fairly newly dubbed. I really enjoyed the first episode so I downloaded the entire first season.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Durarara!!

I got it off of TPB but havent checked the quality as of yet. If you are interested let me know and I will tell you what I think. The episodes are also being posted there by despoiler, (I believe, could be C_P), but he is only up to episode 6 or 7.

That show is awesome. Don't forget there is episodes 12.5 and 25 which I believe are OVAs.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
That show is awesome. Don't forget there is episodes 12.5 and 25 which I believe are OVAs.

both included in the 3.57 GiB torrent from TPB.