Winter Anime 2010

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
Alright, so I'm not sure how many people are interested in new anime releases coming up, but I thought I'd make a topic to discuss them. Also, given that I don't know how popular this will be I'm just going to link to a few sites with story/trailers/opinions and some other misc information. If people find my lack of effort offensive, I'll try better next time. Mainly I just wanted to discuss which series I'm interested in, and see some other peoples' interest.

So, here's the links:
Bokutachi no BLOG Winter Round-up:Includes trailers, synopsis, and some opinions.

Metanorn's Winter Round-up: Synopsis, opinions, and some trailers. More importantly Seiyuus if you care about that.

Chartfags Chart: Little information, but every series is laid out for you to see.

-------------------

I'm interested in checking out...

Durarara: Couldn't honestly tell you why I want to check this out, aside from the fact that it looks really good, and there's a lot of hype surrounding it. I just downloaded Baccano, but have yet to check it out. Didn't really look my type though, so who knows? Might get bored of this and drop it quickly

Dance in The Vampire Bund: This one looks awesome. I seem to be becoming a fan of Shaft produced shows, and just by watching the trailer you can see why it's looking good. Hopefully all that Bakemonogatari money is being put towards making a more complete series here. The concept is a little played out at this point in time (Vampires and Werewolves... where haven't I heard that before?) but it looks super violent and could be epic.

Sora no Woto: It's K-ON, in the army. Seriously. Look at it. I obviously can't speak for the story, because it hasn't existed in non-anime form. I'm a big enough fan of K-ON that i'd check this out regardless, but it could end up being totally different with some really deep story - I doubt it.

Hanumana Kindergarden: The only reason I'm checking this out is because it's being done by Gainax. That's it. I watched the trailer, looks like entirely too much moe-blobbery for me. I don't think I'll be able to handle it.

Katanagatari: Based off light novels done by the same guy who did Bakemonogatari. That's enough to get me interested. The style is really weird though, haven't decided if I like the look of it yet or not. Samurais are usually cool though.

Seikon no Quaser: This is going to be another one of those terrible shows like Sekirei, or Kampfer. And I'm going to watch it, and get some mild enjoyment out of it. Then I may or may not finish watching it depending on what else is going on at the time. The characters look cool, and apparently there's a lot of nudity in the manga. But Yeah - this one won't be good.

Hidimari Sketch some stars and shit: Okay, I'll admit. I really like Hidimari Sketch. It's cute, and funny. I love Hiro, her hair is awesome, and people tend to draw her chubby which I find extremely cute. There's never much substance here, but it's always fun to watch. Doubt that'll change much.

Okami Kakushi: Okay, so I loved Higurashi, but hated Umineko. I'm 1-1 here with Ryukishi07 anime adaptations. This could go either way. I'm not the biggest fan of yandere, but it worked out nicely in Higurashi. This is being done by a new studio though - so again, anything goes.

And that's all the anime series I'll be checking out. Yeah, I'm really picky aren't I? ;p

Seriously though, I'll probably end up dropping most of them, and I'm not super excited about any of them. But I could find a real gem here.

Also, Gundam 00, Eden of the East, and Haruhi movies. Looking forward to all of those. More so than any of the above series. No idea how long it'll be before a subbed version hits the net on any of those. Still waiting on Evangelion 2.0...

Thoughts?

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
There's not a single anime which begins airing in January 2010 which I'm planning on watching. Some of them look like inferior rehashes of past classics. Most of them are moe loli overload. And some of them looked like they could have been good until I learned that they were even less respectable than Queen's Blade. XD

Winter 2010 for me = continuing FMA, and thazzit afaik. I'm thinking Kimi ni Todoke is a a twelver/thirteener/fourteener, though I could be mistaken. Nyan-koi is definitely over and done with. And those three were all I was watching in Fall 2009 anyway. :\

Seriously, I've spent a lot of my anime time watching re-runs on my computer: from Avatar the Last Airbender to Pokémon. Yes, Pokémon: because that's how bad I consider this year to have been for anime. :\

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
I can't speak to Avatar since I haven't seen it, somehow I don't think it'd be my thing. But, Pokemon? Really? If you say so ;p

I know this year wasn't as good as some previous years, but there were a few series this year I really liked. I made an anime of the year list giving top spot to FMA, followed by Darker Than Black, Valkyria Chronicles, Railgun, and K-ON. And I gave honorable mentions to Bakemonogatari, Eden of the East, Blacksmith, and Haruhi - despite what I thought of Endless Eight.

Then again, I'm not nearly as picky as you it would seem. And I don't mean that in a bad way, you just have a better filter than I do. My best friend is the same way, he only liked a couple of those series I listed. Plus, I've freely admitted to watching garbage like Kampfer and enjoying it for what it's worth.

Still - Pokemon? Come on ;P

*Note: I enjoyed the Pokemon anime well enough back in the day - okay that's a lie. I was obsessed with it. I've even gone back and watched a couple choice episode where there were battles against Gym Leaders I liked, and part of D/P just to see Dawn in action. But the anime is still pretty bad considering.

I've heard the manga is good, which sounds about right. Considering Ash is a moron, and Red is amazing. But I'm not into manga.

Anyways, yeah. Not to sound too defensive, I just didn't think this year was that bad. Plus this is all pretty off-topic. Moving along.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
uh

not many on my list... right now just Gundam 00 and Dance in the Vampire Bund

Katanagari: not likely, but i'll see how people will react to it

Quasar: "a being who can manipulate iron and draws his power from breast milk
ahahahah! how funny...not!

Sengoku Basara in April, did i get it right?

Syobon

(´・ω・`)
Dec 22, 2009
Seriously, I've spent a lot of my anime time watching re-runs on my computer: from Avatar the Last Airbender to Pokémon. Yes, Pokémon: because that's how bad I consider this year to have been for anime. :\

I hope not end like you, seriously, Avatar is not even anime. :attention:
This year was not that bad - for me -, the biggest deception was the fucking Endless Eight, 3 years of wait for that. :murder:

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
still no confirmation on gg subbing Vampire Bund; i'm crossing my fingers, but Yuurisan aren't that bad as alternative anyway

i'm also waiting for Hellsing Ultimate' blu-rays (ep 1-5), but i'm not able to find any update about that

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I didn't say it was. I'm just saying, Avatar is such a great show and the last few years have been so poor for anime that it's a no-brainer which I'd rather pick (between rewatching Avatar and watching horseshit for the first time).

As for Pokemon ... lol, halfway through the raw of Episode 77 right now. The thing is, Pokemon is (a) aural vocabulary and grammar reinforcement + (b) something I put on right before bed and subsequently fall asleep to (i.e. it's something I don't mind not catching all of).

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
funny how i'm just seeing this thread now. since it's been a month i'm wondering if u guys have had any change of opinions. how's Sora and Bund? i haven't tried watching them yet. btw Ben did umineko get finished or are we gonna wait for a Kai season again? i'm putting of watching the entire show till i know whether it's complete or not.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Nothing's changed for me since the last time I posted. FMA episode 40, KnT episode 15, and that's it. Nothing else has been acquired in months. I mean, seriously, if we excluded KnT and FMA, then the last anime episode I got would have been the last of the new ones for Haruhi which was ... what? Back in November? :\

Crossing my fingers for Spring 2010 and the Kiss x Sis anime.

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
Sadly I've only watched Hidimari Sketch and Hanumana Kindergarden so far. Both of them are sugary sweet to the point of rotting your teeth. But I like em'

I've just been so busy catching up on FMA, One Piece, and oddly enough Gundam Seed to watch anything else that's new. But I'll get around to Sora, Bund, and Durarara soon.

Sorry, I don't know about Umineko, reing. I only watched the first 6 episodes of it and found that I didn't like any of the characters. If I didn't have so much other stuff to watch I'd probably watch it, but then again I haven't even finished watching all of Higurashi Kai.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
funny how i'm just seeing this thread now. since it's been a month i'm wondering if u guys have had any change of opinions. how's Sora and Bund? i haven't tried watching them yet. btw Ben did umineko get finished or are we gonna wait for a Kai season again? i'm putting of watching the entire show till i know whether it's complete or not.

IMHO Vampire Bund is bad; i know i shouldn't judge by just 3 eps, and sure i've seen worst, but still...

[hide]i mean, in ep 2 there's this guy who meets a child who claims to be a vampire and asks for him to rub something on her.
then they go into some deserted building, she dress off and asks if he will have problems with her naked body.
of course not! and he start rubbing and chatting.
all of this makes a lot of sense -_-
and the girl have no tits, but pecs!

later we found out how they're related, but at that time she was a perfect stranger to him.[/hide]

there are also some things which resemble other anime titles, but that can be coincidence, so i won't complain.

i think i'll keep on watching it just for Mina's cuteness, but reading what some dude spoiled about the plot really left me meh.

amps

Jan 24, 2010
Bund and Sora no woto are the only ones i've seen so far. Bund seems to sway around the manga story, but still interesting, specially waiting to watch the omake parts of the 3 maids.

Sora no woto seems good enough. i didnt get enough of yui and mio from k-on, so im taking my (alternate) fill on this <3

waiting for Katanagatari and Hidimari Sketch. and yea, Evangelion 2 was showed May(?) of last year

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
can't watch hidamari cause i haven't seen the previous season. Watching Hanamaru Yochien too and i don't think i've ever seen a cuter show. it is weird though that Gainax is making this.

hm...i think i'll wait till Bund finishes and see what everyone's reaction will be.

is no one watching Qwaser? after seeing the screens at Sankaku i'm finding it hard to wait for an HD version of the uncen eps hehe

Ladies vs buttlers sure is a step up from Kanokon. it's not as ecchi but at least we don't need to wait for the dvds

HENTAIBEN

The Nesta
May 13, 2007
I've been downladoing Qwaser. Hopefully the uncensored episodes. I think it's going to be dumb as hell, but worth watching just for the breast sucking I guess... for a while at least.

I skipped through an episode of Ladies vs. Buttlers, didn't like the characters, at least the way they looked. I might sit down and watch it for a few episodes sometime, but probably not at this rate. x.x

reingiolt

二マ...
Feb 27, 2007
well i finally gave in and watched qwaser till ep 4. definitely not worth watching the censored version since there are just so many ecchi parts. if you know your seiyuus you'll get to hear ero Mio :lols: Yui's seiyuu is there too but her parts weren't as eroi.

given how anime tv shows are getting more and more ecchi i wonder if we'll ever see the day when all hentai gets uncensored.that would definitely raise the profits of ero anime companies to a new level. although there is a possibily that new releases will stop coming temporarily as they're re-releasing old shows..

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
So far I'm watching Bund, Nodame Cantabile Finale (no one's watching this?), Chu-Bra (bras? sure), and Ladies v Butlers. I haven't paid much attention to new releases in the past year or so till this winter's releases, I just decided to see what was out. Lo and behold, ecchi anime everywhere. And now that I know about Qwaser, from your guys' posts, it's already being downloaded as I type this.

I'm kind of surprised that anime is getting progressively ecchi, but then again it's because I live in the U.S. where shows like that would never air.

A side note: I just started watching Gintama, effin' hilarious and just plain enjoyable to watch.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Vampire Bund is getting SLIGHTLY better and not having readed the manga, i don't know what to expect from it

i'd like to try sora no woto but the subbing has been discontinued for some time, so i'm watching K-On instead

definitely one of the worst/poorest anime season ever (regular anime, not counting ecchi stuff) -_-