irc help . . . anyone?

666-kun

superfreakleech!
Mar 1, 2007
hi, new to IRC :hello: . . . not so new to the forum, or anything else technology-related (done linux, os x, windows . . . ever since DOS).

so, I hate IRC - I don't know how to use it! is there like a botlist, maybe a list of which triggers for which bots, or even something like a link to how to use IRC? I really need those archived mangas+comics, but IRC? :destroy:

I logged into #shibuyabashi @ rizon, but wtf?! I don't know how to register a nick (although on ChatZilla, I'm baggytrousers), and like I said, if there was a list of triggers, I'd have been done and through with the leeching that needs to happen for me.

in short, how do I:
- register my nick?
- obtain a list of triggers (or those things that tells a bot that I want a file) to download anything and everything?

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Well, if you want to download old files, you're not going to really find it at the irc channel, it would be in your best interests to search torrent sites such as deadfrog, tokyotosho, here at akiba, .etc and/or post a request for a reseed if necessary

to register your nick,its "/msg nickserv register <your password> <your email>"
then you'll get a code in your inbox which you need to use to confirm registration.

also, afaik there arent any bots at shibuyabashi, torrents are the way to go to get the stuff you want.

Ether

flaming hobo
Dec 7, 2006
to get a 'list' of triggers, all you have to do is type "!list" . copy the "/ctpc..(w/e the trigger is called) that you desire into your status window and press enter to get into the member's fserv

baka324

O-Overdrive
Feb 28, 2007
This might not apply to Shibuyabashi, but this will help in other sites.
/msg <botname> xdcc send #
Botname being..well the botname, and # of the packlist.

I used to hate IRC as well because of the !list feature that everybody kept telling me to do. It was overwhelming being massed by that much text onscreen.