Anyone want in on my JAV un-drm movie run?

n3m

Jun 20, 2010
I've actually purchased a bunch of movies from Sokmil myself (I cant get my CC to work with en.dmm :(

Anyways. Point being, I would love to know how to un-DRM the movies from Sokmil.

I'd be curious to know what genre of vid you're interested in. My tastes tend to run towards BDSM/Hardcore(no-mosaic) or Gravure. If this is the sort of thing you're into, I'd love to do a video trade with you. :puzzled:

hexcode

Jan 16, 2009
en.dmm only seems to like Visa credit cards it seems.
As for my tastes, really only Lesbian JAV.

Argyle1968

Sep 29, 2009
Anyways. Point being, I would love to know how to un-DRM the movies from Sokmil.

This is kind of tricky. Fairuse4wm works great IF you have an older version of Windows Media Player. Unfortunately, if you have Windows Vista or Windows 7, you probably have a later version of WMP with which Fairuse4wm isn't compatible. They say you can "roll back" your version of WMP, to a version compatible with Fairuse4wm, but I've never tried this as I don't want to fuck up any video drivers, codecs or other crap that would screw up the software I have installed.

The alternative I've found is software that despite the promises, doesn't actually "strip" the DRM, but rather plays the file and simultaneously re-records it to whatever format you choose. These softwares are clever, and work pretty well, but do result in some loss of quality. For instance, with the Sokmil vids, the result is a bit choppy. Not alot, but it doesn't play as smoothly as the original. With Fairuse4wm, you get an actual stripped file that plays identically to the original.

I was able to use software from iSkysoft to make MP4s of some of their vids for my itouch.

Lowieke

Aug 4, 2008
can't read Japanese

Problem I have with the SOKMIL site is that it's all in Japanese. Can't make heads or tails from it, but they do have some titles I'd like to get my hands on.

The English site from DMM has a very limited collection compared to the japanese site (God know's why), and I'm looking for some older titles from the 90's.