Anyone able to explain the lack of "performer" names?

kylecan90

Oct 11, 2020
I've noticed over time some studios rarely list any type of performer name on the only places I know to look (such as r18.com), anyone know why? I speculate that this is due to lack of effort / process by some studios since I find it a lot more prevalent in some than others (like GOPJ rarely lists performers it seems). I would be surprised if this is by some performers request, since having a stage name for people to find them by leads to additional value.

This just came to mind right now when I was trying to find the woman in video VRKM-039 that I recognized in GOPJ-479, but neither appear to name a performer. I realized I have several actresses I have local meta data as "todo-unknownXX" that I've never been able to find but recognized across videos. Another one I really wish I could find her name / more content from is the girl from GOPJ-342, 3DSVR-561 (second girl) and TPVR-154. Some I swear I recognize.. like the second girl in 3DSVR-515 but I just can't seem to find a video with them when I look. Anyone have some tips for identifying girls like this?

twenie

Nov 18, 2008
It's often done (name not listed) when you want to portray the girls as amateurs (like in a magic mirror movie) when in fact they are not.

Reactions: smallbird

maload

Jul 1, 2008
the story behind this is she dont want people to know her name . in the tv show i mean japanese tv show talk about this . lots of ืี nurses do part-times s job,its about tv program so whatever do you want to believe it or not . they dont care . they talk like its just simple topics. so when nurse do the jav then she may be ... dont want people to notice its her or such. japan is fun country . they have word for everthing . when they say they do heath-care , may be its not what do you think. if they want big money and go on so many video then they can goto main and big name jav company. seee. lots of jav that dont have names of actress are alway in low or not big company . its fast money and some people think its fine , noone will notice its them. mmmmm but internet nowaday ............. like hell and such. some people cant keep secret and somebody think they is hero on the net if he can destroy somebodys life . fukc

o in your case seem you ask me why the actress that people know who she is but then the company dont give her name on the title of movies ?

sougouwiki.com

its lots of actresss movies here , just use video-code and they will show who is the actress if they know. they know alots belive me. but they are not kind of stalker and such ,,its not like that . just movies database that know alots

Last edited:
Reactions: GrannyBongo

fenton

Feb 10, 2017
There are lots of actresses who do a number of amateur and multiple debut videos, using different or no name every time. Sometimes it's better for them, especially if none of the bigger studios are willing to try to launch a career or they don't want to try to build a following. Some of them really do just want to do one or two anonymous movies for some quick cash and then disappear.

IdeNali

Jul 27, 2016
I also don't understand why so much JAV releases don't have a name for the performer anymore...
In so many so called "amateur" releases I recognize performer that have done multiple "non amateur" videos and actually have a stage name. Sometimes I spend a lot of time to "hunt" down a name of a performer because I now I saw her in a different video and maybe that one has the name... I also always try to update javlibrary with missing names, so other people don't need to go through the same hassle as I did...