Where have the tags gone?

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
I no longer see the tags on the first post of each thread, nor get the option to enter them when posting new threads. The tags link on the AO top menu isn't working. Is this deliberate? Tags were pretty convenient... :(

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
To try and relieve some of the load on the server.

EnterTheVoid

Jan 13, 2007
To try and relieve some of the load on the server.

For what it's worth, the site was mostly usable (a little slow at times, but not that bad) this morning (8-10am pst) where it is usually dead slow to the point I won't bother at that time.

KES

May 31, 2010
Please bring back tags a.s.a.p. Without them I cannot find my favorite subject [BOY] because the sexist search engine only allows searching on 4 or more lettered words.

c1inpa

May 27, 2009
:notagain: Cmon Why can' the forum searches work????I mean say if i want to see all the EVDV or GOD or SEE threads in a forum WHY can't it work????? Why can't it just search through the threads and list the titles or whatever that has what you are searching for - EVEN 3 letter searches - searching for specific titles you want through a form should not be this difficult especially since the uploader usually takes the time to list the title properly- SOMEONE has to know how to fix this or help the great ppl who run this out please please please :please:

Nebelim

Feb 20, 2007
For short or common words, add a * after the word to search for it.

example: boy* or god*

Not the best method to search for something but good enough.

KES

May 31, 2010
Really need the TAGS back.

Without them this site is useless as you can't search for 3 letter words.

Searching for boy* gives too many results...I know from previous experience when searching for the tag BOY far less and more accurate results were obtained.

I don't think I'll be coming here that often now....

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
I hear you. This site is really hard to navigate without tags. When you search for "lesbian" virtually every thread with a woman in it comes up. also when you try to move within the thread or even refresh the page, you just get "sorry no matches please try some different terms. And the tag cloud removal really hasn't accomplished anything. I still get the 504 gateway timeout when I try to login in the morning.

slimedog

Sep 10, 2009
ditto...

As of a couple of months ago (mid-October?) my Favorites links for Akiba fail. I have to manually type in 'lesbian' to get some semblence of what I used to get. But like wwilk says, you get everything under the moon. I have to sift through meaningless Posts. Then of those, to find the relevent info I might find, say the "slimedog" thread on page 5 somewhere becasue no one recently used the word 'lesbian' for me to track what's going on on my thread.

Thread searches are completely useless in that you use the term 'lesbian' and you still get anything with a woman in it (as wwilk says).

A step backwards. Plus a noticable drop in downloads because others can find my stuff.

I understand the bandwidth problem and you're doing all you can to prevent timeouts, but maybe a better provider is needed...? (but then what do I know)

my 2 cents

slimedog

Sep 10, 2009
There is one thing Akiba does that I do not see other large sites do: When the user selects an image or clicks a download link fro minside a post, Akiba does not spawn a new window. Instead, Akiba leaves the page and goes to the img link or the HotLink page, etc. Each time, the user then presses the BACK button to return to Akiba to select the next link and so on...

Doesn't this compound the number of hits Akiba is taking from all these callbacks?

This site should be spawning all links (links inside a Post, not from the Search page) in a new window. That way the user is not taken away from Akiba and therefore reducing all those pings.

Maybe?

(just a thought)

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
When the user selects an image or clicks a download link fro minside a post, Akiba does not spawn a new window.

Doesn't this compound the number of hits Akiba is taking from all these callbacks?
I never thought about that aspect, but you're probably right.

MJC

Mar 3, 2008
I really miss the tags. I don't visit this site anywhere near as often as I used to, because the tags are gone.

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
Most people seem to feel the same way. Are the admin people listening?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Yes.

wwilk

Nov 20, 2009
The tags may be back but the cloud isn't and that is what made the tags accessible in the 1st place.