what torrent do you use these day . i move from utorren and use qtorrent and found "STALLED"problem

maload

Jul 1, 2008
really boring .

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Stalled usually just means you're not connected to any seeders. Are you saying the same stalled torrent downloads fine with another client?

I use qtorrent if I have troublesome torrents I need to download on windows for x reason but I usually use rtorrent on my server. Only issue I've encountered with it is magnet links tend to not start downloading if you have forced encryption on but torrent files work fine.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Stalled usually just means you're not connected to any seeders. Are you saying the same stalled torrent downloads fine with another client?

I use qtorrent if I have troublesome torrents I need to download on windows for x reason but I usually use rtorrent on my server. Only issue I've encountered with it is magnet links tend to not start downloading if you have forced encryption on but torrent files work fine.
utorrent can dowload files that qtorrent stalled . but utorrent have big problem with WEB HELER too .
may be i try rtorrent and bittorrent for abit . thank you

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
Have you tried adding more trackers? For example https://trackerslist.com/#/
It makes me so mad that that's a thing. It makes zero sense to add more tracker since all they do is keep track of people but since people keep removing and adding trackers manually, it messes everything up and that can sometimes work.

The issue here is qtorrent not finishing downloads that utorrent can with the same torrents so trackers are irrelevant.

onetime19989

Jun 23, 2021
I doubt if the exact underlying issue (like a peer is recognized in one app but not another, or different effects with the same peer, etc.) could be reproduced in a manner that can help the developers fix the issue.

But I do remember a few times in qtorrent when I tried "force recheck"ing a torrent. Doing a recheck seems to reset the progress on "Partial" pieces and in a few occasions it did allow another peer to upload to me these pieces. However this should only work when the piece(s) are available.