What torrent client do you use?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

tama07

Aug 6, 2008
what torrent do you use to download hentai? :stress:
if the topic is not suit here could you please moved it to the right one thx again :bow-pray:

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
what do u mean? BitTorrent clients like Azureus/Vuze or BitComet or uTorrent (what would be the most used ones...).

suv

Aug 15, 2008
Maybe like you think, tama07 might want to ask about the most popular torrent client.

And, mine is utorrent!

fr0stbyte

Former Staff
Apr 8, 2008
uTorrent for me.. Download speeds tend to be low when I use other clients (Note: IN MY CASE)..

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Actually uTorrent, BitComent, BitTorrent, and other blah blah torrent clients, could they be sharing the same torrent source?
What are the difference between them actually?
I wish for your direct knowledge concerning this, because finding the answer from googling would be tedious sometimes...
Thanks guys...

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
I used to use bitcomet but every once in a while the computer would freeze while running bitcomet, so I switched to bitspirit.

Now I use Utorrent. No freezing and it is not a resource hog.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I use µTorrent 1.8.1 today. My history is:

2003: BitTorrent (itself), then BitTorrent++
2004: BitTorrent++, then later ABC (which stood for Another BitTorrent Client)
2005: ABC, then my laptop died
2006: BitTorrent (itself), then BitTornado, then Azureus
2007: Azureus, then µTorrent when Azureus mandatorily upgraded to Vuze (which I hated and still hate)
2008: µTorrent

Each of the ones I listed above were ones I used as my mains (i.e. they were the #1 client for me at the time). I'm not talking about ones I've merely tinkered with. I've also tried out a few others but none of them were very memorable. I'm pretty sure I tried out BitComet at some point and disliked it, but I can't say for certain.

So as you can see, I've been around the block with quite a number of different BT clients! And I can honestly say that µTorrent is either the most powerful or 2nd most powerful I've ever used (meaning you can customize it the most, do the most with it, get the best speeds, etc), and it's the best overall of the ones I've used. I say "best overall" because in addition to µTorrent's amazing in-client performance, its "external performance" is also amazing. I'm talking about the fact that µTorrent occupies almost no system resources, including both hard disk space and system memory. This puts it light-years ahead of the competition. I also like µTorrent because (unlike Vuze) the program lets me be in charge instead of the other way around. I feel like Vuze is a sold-out BT application: it forces unwelcome advertisements and images upon users every time you sign in. Totally not cool.

jupiter999

loves Tada Mizuho only...
Apr 2, 2008
Let say if ISP speed is typically the same that day, what happen if BitTorrent, BitTorrent++, ABC, BitTornado, Azureus, µTorrent, Bitcomet, etc are downloading the same file, using same tracker, seed, etc... ?
In other words, everything are kept the same (including the same file), except different torrent client program, would they any significant, or even tiny improvement from one compared to another?

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I did not see this thread originally after I posted my reply. So sorry, jupiter999! @_@

To answer your question (12 days late! >_<), I would say ...

the short answer: not really, but yes a little ... maybe.

the long answer: the most important things have always been and will always be:
a) your ISP's bandwidth provisions
b) the "health" of the torrent (how many seeds, how fast do they have their UL settings set, etc)

However, there are a few things which could impact the quality of your torrenting which are client-specific.

there are speed differences that you will see, yes, but it's not for the reasons you'd necessarily expect. So I'll explain in case you don't know ...

#1, some of the programs (e.g. the deprecated BitTorrent++) were not very well-written and sometimes announced erroneous data. For instance, one time BT++ told me that I was torrenting a file at 800+ kbps. That is not only possible but likely for some torrents in today's world, but at the time (late 2003) it was almost unheard of. I remember that back then we all used to be ecstatic -- ecstatic! -- if we broke 120 kbps. I remember I used to think to myself, "If the torrent is seeded well, I can get 4.5 gigs in 24 hours." Today, I would expect it, and I would hope for 1.0 Mbps so that I could get it in about 5 hours. Another time, BT++ told me that I had "negative 1 hour, 32 minutes" left to download something which was only 87% complete. BT++ was confused because the torrent's health was so strong that the data was being sent to me fast. Too fast -- too fast for BT++, that is. Because the speed was so fast, BT++ predicted a negative completion time. >_> lol (It makes me think of Spaceballs: "they've gone to plaid!")

#2, in today's world (2007, 2008, and soon 2009), a lot of people will deliberately block incoming connections from users of certain clients which allow negative practices. For example, BitComet is notorious for this, whether the notoriety is deserved or not:
Wikipedia said:
During version 0.60, BitComet received bad publicity because its implementation of the DHT feature, which was new at the time, could be exploited to not respect the private flag of a tracker. This allowed users to avoid download and upload ratio restrictions, which are common on private trackers. Some private trackers responded to this by blacklisting version 0.60.
Wikipedia said:
In early 2007, John Hoffman, the creator of super-seeding and author of the BitTornado client, harshly criticized BitComet for using abusive tactics to "game" and "cheat" super-seeding at the expense of other peers: "Since BitComet has proven itself to be a harmful codebase, and since they have forced me to take steps I’d rather not have, I will also be banning connections from that client to my own client and tracker codebases."

The point is, whether or not these accusations were grounded in truth, people who used BitComet frequently found themselves downloading torrents with "0 seeds." They would then post on a webforum (like HongFire) and say, "Hey gaiz, no seeds :(, halp plz kthxbye bbqpotatochips." And then the torrent's creator would say, "You need to use a client besides _____ and BitComet." (At the time, there was such a huge rivalry between Azureus and BitTornado, so whichever you didn't support was the one that went in the other blank. lol, handy little µTorrent wasn't even on most people's radars back then!)

The point is, this sort of behavior might still be taking place today without you knowing it. So as a general rule of thumb, even if the rumors are wrong, I still wouldn't use a torrent client that has a bad reputation in the community. Because BT is peer-based, you mustn't ever underestimate the importance of the peers' beliefs. Even if those beliefs are superstitious or based on hearsay.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Here, because I really have been so so pleased with my copy of uTorrent (been a user since July 2007 and a dedicated user since July 2007 too :)), here's their site: http://www.utorrent.com/

I'll let you read for yourself. I hope you will see that they really are the most trust-worthy. I hope that one trial run with their package and you'll never look back. Even if it isn't for you, it doesn't hurt to try. It's a self-executable (no install required) and so, so small.

lenchnikin

Sep 7, 2009
What Torrent do you use

Hi,

What email clients do you guys use on windows.

I used to use mail on my mac before it broke now im using a windows PC and ive just been checking my email on the gmail website. im thinking about outlook or is there anything better out there, What are you guys using?