Super Seeding: Best Client to use?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
As the topic says, what is the best client to use for super-seeding?

I currently use utorrent 1.6.1 for super-seeding and I always have to seed 140%+, I don't mind for smaller torrents but for torrents larger than a 500mb, it can take awhile at my upload speed.

Also, is it good to superseed with a few peers or a lot of peers? By few I mean less than 50.

I recall reading somewhere that bittornado is good for super-seeding but what do you guys think?

Holzy

Mar 7, 2007
I would say that I found bittornado is the best for super seeding and then I would Azureus would be the next, but thats just me I dont know about everyone else though :)

lunch

made in Germany
Mar 15, 2007
i have low upload so i always use super-seeding (initial-seeding) with my uTorrent.
parts 128kb = upload 105-110%
parts 512kb = upload over 110%

sukebe

Nov 30, 2006
humm i always use initial-seeding as well on utorrent1.6.1 and i have to seed up to 110% or so to get seeds, so i guess it's pretty efficient for me, downside being it doesn't use full upload capacity (but close)... my ul speed is slow as hell also... and i have heard azureus is the worst at super-seeding but i have never really tried it...

Dinnerplate

Apr 3, 2007
Azureus is the best for superseeding. Also superseeding should be used if you are the only seed.
"Super Seeding is a special optimised seeding mode.

Only use this mode when you are the first and only seeder.

Each peer will be assigned a piece, and Azureus will then compute the time it takes for that particular piece to be seen again the swarm, thus identifying peers with high upload speed, to which Azureus will preferentially give data."
http://azureuswiki.com/index.php/Super_Seeding