What size monitor do you use?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Novablaze23

Feb 27, 2009
I use Duel Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24" Widescreen Monitor;s
With a 52 inch LG TV for watching movies and anime. its now old but it works great :)

Regards
Nova

King_Of_Rhye

Jun 24, 2014
All you guys got me beat! I use a laptop with a 14" monitor, 1366x768 resolution! :D Whenever I use someone's desktop computer for some reason, I'm always like "wow, big screen!" lol

HeavyNosebleed

Dec 4, 2013
Mine is 19" Dell, seem to be smallest monitor here..:(
You are not alone. I have a 19'' too. But it's an Acer. I've had it since 2007 and it's still working nicely so I never felt the need to upgrade. When I want to see something on a big screen I just use my 40'' TV.

Last edited:

alexkiallys

Nov 14, 2010
The monitors for both my desktops are 21 inch and both computers are also hooked up to the big screen tv in my bedroom.

Two of my android tablets have a mini hdmi port and I have the cables to plug them into any big screen tv that has an hdmi port. (Don't they all?)

I can put some movies on my tablet, go to the living room, connect it to the big screen tv in there and have the movie playing in the background while I do housework or something. Which for some reason I find that amusing.:D

Also I have a home network setup where my desktop computer can act as a server and I can use my tablet to wirelessly access all the movies on my bedroom computer (not just JAV) and I can go to another location, even away from my house and watch movies, concerts etc... on someone else's big screen tv.

loleechero

Sep 30, 2007
24" PC monitor and 40"LED TV for anime/whatever.
At first I consider buying 22" monitor, but now I feel 24" is not that big.
Will get 28" 4K if this monitor dying and some price drop :p

Arya_Stark

Jun 28, 2014
I thought 27" could be a bit too big for a "regular" 1080p resolution screen, but I quickly adjusted and loved it. Make sure you get one made with some variant of IPS or VA technology and you'll get a better quality picture as well. Great for enjoying fotos and video. :D :D

BudEWiser

Dec 24, 2008
I've got a 20 and 23 inch screen. I use the 23 inch mainly and work overflows onto the 20 inch.
If I feel like I want to watch a movie on a huge screen, I just move closer to my monitor :D

Reactions: Ceewan

Speeny

Sep 28, 2013
27.5" LG. Some people may find it a little too big. But it's used for multiple purposes. I would like to upgrade to a 4K monitor at some point though. It's just finding the money...and space. ;)

SamKook

Grand Wizard
Staff member
Super Moderator
Uploader
May 10, 2009
I use 3 23" 1080p monitors on my main pc and an old 720p(1360x768) 32" tv for my htpc.

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
I use a 24" 16:9 BenQ and a 20" 4:3 Dell Screen that latter which is rotated 90°.
Planning to eventually get a 3rd screen or replace the smallie one with something else, tho dunno if I'll bother to jump to 4K on a computer screen yet, doesn't seem that necessary yet :p

billyidolfan

Sep 21, 2017
What is the best monitor for watching idol videos and movies? I can spend up to $500. I don't play games so I don't think refresh rate matters.

I'm thinking 27" or 32". Maybe with a curved screen. Not ultrawide because then there'd be a black band at either side.

Tempted by 4k but there isn't much content yet, and would need a bigger budget to get a decent one plus I hear it's only worth it for 32"+ screens.

I would prefer a monitor released in the past 12 months so that it is latest technology.

Thank you for any advice!

Last edited: