1. Moving Servers

Hello Guest,
    we have to move servers this week.
    To minimize offline-times i will disable attachments in the forum starting tomorrow.

More infos in this thread: Planned offline-time as well as server-move

Upload disabled
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

What size monitor do you use?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Little Chucky, Dec 19, 2014.

1. masterbet

masterbet Member

Mine is 19" Dell, seem to be smallest monitor here..:(

2. Novablaze23

Novablaze23 New Member

I use Duel Dell Ultrasharp U2415 24" Widescreen Monitor;s
    With a 52 inch LG TV for watching movies and anime. its now old but it works great :)

Regards
    Nova

3. from2

from2 Active Member

Mine is 24" Benq. Seriously masterbet, you need to upgrade to at least 24" to enjoy the idols.

4. King_Of_Rhye

King_Of_Rhye Active Member

All you guys got me beat! I use a laptop with a 14" monitor, 1366x768 resolution! :D Whenever I use someone's desktop computer for some reason, I'm always like "wow, big screen!" lol

5. from2

from2 Active Member

14"? :cambuk:

6. f10

f10 New Member

24 best

7. HeavyNosebleed

HeavyNosebleed Well-Known Member

You are not alone. I have a 19'' too. But it's an Acer. I've had it since 2007 and it's still working nicely so I never felt the need to upgrade. When I want to see something on a big screen I just use my 40'' TV.

Last edited: Jun 22, 2015
  8. John Davis

John Davis New Member

24" samsung screen LCD.

9. King_Of_Rhye

King_Of_Rhye Active Member

It's basically one step up from being a 'netbook'....but hey, it gets the job done!

10. alexkiallys

alexkiallys Member

The monitors for both my desktops are 21 inch and both computers are also hooked up to the big screen tv in my bedroom.

Two of my android tablets have a mini hdmi port and I have the cables to plug them into any big screen tv that has an hdmi port. (Don't they all?)

I can put some movies on my tablet, go to the living room, connect it to the big screen tv in there and have the movie playing in the background while I do housework or something. Which for some reason I find that amusing.:D

Also I have a home network setup where my desktop computer can act as a server and I can use my tablet to wirelessly access all the movies on my bedroom computer (not just JAV) and I can go to another location, even away from my house and watch movies, concerts etc... on someone else's big screen tv.

11. loleechero

loleechero Active Member

24" PC monitor and 40"LED TV for anime/whatever.
    At first I consider buying 22" monitor, but now I feel 24" is not that big.
    Will get 28" 4K if this monitor dying and some price drop :p

12. Arya_Stark

Arya_Stark New Member

I thought 27" could be a bit too big for a "regular" 1080p resolution screen, but I quickly adjusted and loved it. Make sure you get one made with some variant of IPS or VA technology and you'll get a better quality picture as well. Great for enjoying fotos and video. :D :D

13. BudEWiser

BudEWiser Active Member

I've got a 20 and 23 inch screen. I use the 23 inch mainly and work overflows onto the 20 inch.
    If I feel like I want to watch a movie on a huge screen, I just move closer to my monitor :D

Ceewan likes this.
  14. Speeny

Speeny Active Member

27.5" LG. Some people may find it a little too big. But it's used for multiple purposes. I would like to upgrade to a 4K monitor at some point though. It's just finding the money...and space. ;)

15. SamKook

SamKook Akiba Citizen Uploader

I use 3 23" 1080p monitors on my main pc and an old 720p(1360x768) 32" tv for my htpc.

16. WillEater

WillEater Well-Known Member

17. Elldallan

Elldallan Active Member

I use a 24" 16:9 BenQ and a 20" 4:3 Dell Screen that latter which is rotated 90°.
    Planning to eventually get a 3rd screen or replace the smallie one with something else, tho dunno if I'll bother to jump to 4K on a computer screen yet, doesn't seem that necessary yet :p

18. WillEater

WillEater Well-Known Member

I connect to the 60 inch LCD TV with a $9.00 HDMI cable..

Idols from wall to wall..

bigloser0, unita, from2 and 3 others like this.
  19. unita

unita Aspiring Neuromancer

27'' LED LG, with a well-placed dead spot in the middle.

Ceewan likes this.
  20. billyidolfan

billyidolfan New Member

What is the best monitor for watching idol videos and movies? I can spend up to $500. I don't play games so I don't think refresh rate matters.

I'm thinking 27" or 32". Maybe with a curved screen. Not ultrawide because then there'd be a black band at either side.

Tempted by 4k but there isn't much content yet, and would need a bigger budget to get a decent one plus I hear it's only worth it for 32"+ screens.

I would prefer a monitor released in the past 12 months so that it is latest technology.

Thank you for any advice!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018