What happen in this afternoon ... i can't open this site

nat_007

Feb 25, 2009
in afternoon (Bangkok Thailand GMI+7) I try to open this site Go For Akiba-online But I can't open :death: ... it link me to another site :murder: any body same withme (now I use com in the office) and how I fix this problem :chinesenewyearm:

nat_007

Feb 25, 2009
OH ... I be relieved ...fewwwww... it not only me (fist of all I think I lost this site ...So Sad...)

nat_007

Feb 25, 2009
ฺีBut it still Thank's God :chinesenewyearm:
Akiba Foreverrrrr :hero:
the best entertain web in my mind :perfectplan:

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Is the redirect still happening? I couldn't reproduce it on my end.

umeda

Jan 20, 2009
For me, it lasted part of the afternoon and all night, starting at about 3pm local time (my time zone is GMT + 9 hours) and by midnight the Akiba site was still being hijacked and I gave up trying.

The Akiba site started to open and after a second or two the Akiba site was then hijacked over to "http://friends.dormitory.com/1/welcome9.html" - pressing the browser's back button took you back to my home page (Google).

This morning from 4am, all is working fine again

conglao

Aug 26, 2009
This redirect happened to me, too. (btw... my own n00bie Hi's to everyone!). The only issue I'm having at this point is that I can no longer access certain forum pages that I had no problem previously viewing (namely the GIGA Collection pages).
I'm glad that at least the redirect has been dealt with. thnx to admins for handling so promptly.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
wow

good job on the part of admin and his support staff to handle the situation so quickly. My thanks to you all.

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
And now, add "AD.ADBRITE.COM" as the latest hijacker. If you don't have good, updated anti-spyware software, assume your every move (and possibly worse) is being monitored.

WTF is going on?

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I just visited the site in vanilla Firefox (no adblocking) and I don't see any hijacking or redirects. Can you be more specific?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Well, I see three possibilities, the last of which is highly unlikely, the first possibility is where my money is.

The most likely, IMHO, is that some type of plugin or spyware has infected your browser. If you don't have it grab Spybot at www.safer-networking.org/ and run a check on your system and immunize your browsers,(browser must be closed during immunization). Browser attacks are made possible mainly with scripting such as javascript which has your browser executing code from the sites you visit. The web bug could have been picked up anywhere and not necessarily here.

It is slightly possible that this is some type of redirect from your ISP but I highly doubt it. If your ISP wanted to block this site you would get a 403 message. You could try surfing here using the webproxy located at http://www.hidemyass.com/ which should bypass any block or redirect your ISP has in place.

If anyone had hacked an admin pass and installed any nasty script I would really be surprised and perhaps shocked that all they did was install a web bug that occasionally shows up for only a few members. As a matter of fact I would love to know how such a selective bug of that sort would work. So basically I would rule this out as a possibility.

uk21

Saori Hara Alliance
Aug 4, 2009
uk21

Hi everyone
yes this happend to me last week when I try to get on http://www.akiba-online.com I was redirect
to http://friends.dormitory.com.:crash:
I was using Firefox at the time, then I tried windows Internet Explorer and the same thing happened but
when I turn on privacy I log on as normal.
This lasted a day now it is all back to normal.:XD:

AEmorse

Nov 19, 2009
What happen in this afternoon i cant open this site

I had a problem getting in on both FF and IE up until now. I still get a popup asking whether I want FF to save the file or open it. Right now, Im using IE to get on the site.