What games are you playing?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Far Cry 4. I just started but so far it seems pretty much seems to play like Far Cry3 with some additional features. You get to ride elephants. There are rinos, badgers,tigers,eagles and all sorts of other animals that will attack you if you get to close. You can actually damage a animal hide making it not worth much.Like for example if you kill a small animal with a rocket launcher or a vehicle mounted machine gun you can pretty much count that animal hide worthless. There is a gyrocopter,although you can only go so high in it.If you hang around a captured base too long the enemy will attack it.Occasionally just wandering around there are hostage rescues that pop up in which you can kill the bad buy,help your guys fight off the enemy or blow up a co and get some experience or karma points. When you skin a animal you collect bait which is used to attract predators.Which you can sometimes use to lure a predator to attack a enemy base. You also earn the ability to call for help which you can use as decoys when attacking a enemy base and it doesn't count towards your presence being detected.

And so much more......there are places you can talk to the villagers. Not sure what good that does but I have a feeling there are Easter Eggs as of yet uncovered by me. The Bow is still one of the most powerful weapons in the game, because of its' versatility, stealth, you can retrieve your arrows, use "flaming" arrows (fun, fun, fun) and explosive arrows (also fun, you can down a helicopter with one or two). You can find weapons before they are available to buy, so keep your eye out. Riding Elelphants isn't half as fun as attacking with them, they are juggernauts (though not indestructable). The AI is much better in this game, normal mode is a real challenge. The Arena is a challenge, getting to level ten was work for me. The animals are ferocious, even birds attack you (Kyrat is not a friendly place) and Rhinos are no joke, rather face a tiger anyday. The bad guys do not dissapear from an area just because you conquered outposts or fortresses (which is another challenge) so there is no such thing as safe travel. And the bad guys get mortars and helicopters, that will keep you on your toes. The "Masks of Yalung" serial killer? Still trying to figure that one out for sure. Need any hints pm me, luv this game, best FPS I ever played. So it is like a super-turbocharged Far Cry 3 with totally different types of characters, personalities and agendas (much better graphics too). But that is what a series is about, right?

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Thanks for the info on the game EzikialRage and Ceewan. This one's definitely on my to play list. I really enjoyed the second and third games in the series (never played the first) and don't mind more of the same. I've heard the setting and environments are done perfectly although the story is meant to be little flat, although that was the case in the games that came before so i don't really mind. As long as it has the same free form gameplay then i don't mind.

Alien Isolation is really getting good and scary. That alien really doesn't give you a chance once it has you in its sights. They've really nailed what this game should be. Tense gameplay indeed. :eek:

dynovideo

Anamaze.com - Free Anime Videos!
Dec 28, 2008
Lately, have been checking out shockwave flash browser games. Most are cheesy, yet some of them are quite good. Hear that the sci-fi channel is offering some real nice ones on their website for free, so will maybe check those out soon.

If anyone knows of any good shockwave flash, (.swf), anime games, please PM me.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Careful where you go for those, playing shockwave flash games is a good way to pick up malicious software like viruses and trojans. I used to play a few shockwave hentai games....fun, fun, fun. You can check out the hentai sections here at AO and you might find some.

Elldallan

Jan 19, 2013
It's good to hear the single player is good this year. I heard nothing but bad about last years effort so didn't go for it but i might take a shot at this years COD. All people talk about with this series is multiplayer but i'm just not into that so single player mode is everything to me.
While the single player experience is better than some others in the Call of Duty franchise I still think it's clearly mostly meant to teach you the nuances of online gameplay, it's not worth the investment just for the Single Player Experience because it definitely isn't Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Though if you have a few friends to play it with the horde mode can be pretty fun.

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
While the single player experience is better than some others in the Call of Duty franchise I still think it's clearly mostly meant to teach you the nuances of online gameplay, it's not worth the investment just for the Single Player Experience because it definitely isn't Mass Effect or Dragon Age.

Though if you have a few friends to play it with the horde mode can be pretty fun.
Unless you are a die hard fan that is why you wait until it hits the $19.99 or less shelf at your favorite store or download it from a torrent.

Reactions: Ceewan

Kenpachi God

Cpt. Of the 11th Squad
Apr 23, 2009
Picked up The Crew, it's truly open world. Drove from L.A. to Miami very fun.

Reactions: Motiman

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Picked up The Crew, it's truly open world. Drove from L.A. to Miami very fun.

From what i've seen of it, it looks very much like Need For Speed but with a much larger world. Seems to follow the Ubisoft form of having big open worlds which are littered with things to do once you unlock the checkpoint similarly to Assassin's Creed or Far Cry.

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Just started playing Resident 6. I know i'm pretty late but found it very cheap which isn't surprising given it's a few years old. Got to say i'm liking it so far. It continues on from 5 with a more action packed approach compared with the older games (Of which i only played the Gamecube remake of the first Resi), and is split into three parts, each of which has a different approach with a different protagonist. I've decided to start with Leon's campaign first which seems to be the more darker, more slower paced playthrough. I guess they wanted to make it seem more like the original games but there is still more then enough ammo to shoot your way through (i'm playing on the default normal difficulty). Anyway, i'm only a few hours into whats meant to be a 20 hour game so hope it continues to improve. The story seems to be a little all over the place but i guess that's why you're meant to play through all three stories to get the complete picture.

Reactions: Ceewan

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
Yep, it's alright for one playthrough Motiman, not sure I would play it again though, except possibly with a co-op partner. In order not to spoil too much, I can only say that a few parts are reused between the different campaigns.

Reactions: Motiman

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Playing Breath of Fire 4 on a emulator. This seems to be a weird RPG series,Basically each sequel is a retelling or reboot instead of a sequel to the story..

Motiman

Akiba Citizen
Oct 30, 2007
Yep, it's alright for one playthrough Motiman, not sure I would play it again though, except possibly with a co-op partner. In order not to spoil too much, I can only say that a few parts are reused between the different campaigns.

I actually started playing the game in co-op but my partner soon got frustrated with it as they kept using up all their ammo. I guess that's what you get when you play with someone who is used to COD or Battlefield. There's definitely a knack to the game which is to utilize the melee combat which is very useful. Once i'm done with this game i'm probably going to try out Resident Evil Revelations 2.

Reactions: kunoichi

genki_desu

Jul 17, 2013
I'm playing Final Fantasy XIV, just started so I'm still in the newbie phase.

kunoichi

Occasional Visitor
Mar 26, 2007
i`m sorry to use this charactor but i really don`t know how to translate this game`s name

The title 美少女万華鏡 would translate to something like this:
美少女 【びしょうじょ】 (n) beautiful girl
万華鏡 【ばんかきょう】 (n) kaleidoscope

A rough translation would be something like "Pretty Girl Kaleidoscope", but I think it is hard to translate the title better without actually playing the game and knowing the context.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

EzikialRage

Nov 20, 2008
Wolfenstein The Old Blood. This is basically so far a prequel to Wolfenstein The New Order.So far it doesn't seem to have as much story as the New Order game, but it is still incredibly fun. Some of the levels require some stealth. Some of the mechanical enemies are easy to defeat but you do not want to stand near them after you kill them.Just like New Order you do not want to necessarily take all the healths because you may have to come back to certain areas in that level.In New Order there was basically a area/base that you came back to after completing some missions where you can talk to other characters.This game so far doesn't seem to have that. I am not really a fan of dual wielding weapons because it can eat up ammo faster and take longer to reload.I am liking the metal pipe that you use to stealthily kill nazis and sleeping dogs.It is just as visually impressive as New Order.I have found that you have to watch where you kill enemies because if a live enemy walks up on a dead enemy they will sound the alarm.

Monster Girl Quest.If you have weird fetish for monster girls, like RPGs but don't like the constant leveling up and don't like saying up money for gear then you may like this game.Although the fact that can't go anywhere you want outside the story and level up fighting various monsters and save money for better gear means that some bosses can be a pain in the ass to defeat since you can't just go level up until the boss is easy to defeat like you can in traditional RPGs. I would have to say the game plays more like a visual novel than a actual RPG.So far I am near the end of Monster Girl quest 2.

Reactions: Ceewan and Motiman