What Car Do You Drive?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

vietxmikey

Jun 11, 2008
2002 Toyota Celica. I'll post images soon. :D

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
i drive a Toyota LE, a 22 years old car...pic will post later when im free..now in college =.="

its specs?

its very,very old and unheard off...so it doesn't matter if i tell or not coz its totally useless...but basically it has no power steering, and the engine is a 1.3 only

my dream car is a tuner based car...Subaru Impreza WRX, or Subaru Impreza WRX STI, or Mazda RX-8 (SE3P),RX-7 Spirit R Type A (FD3SVI), Honda S2000, Evo's or GT-R R34 V-Spec

If its a Toyota LE, its the Camry or otherwise known as the Toyota Camry LE ... the LE stands for Luxury Edition, those are rare and you wont see many of them on the streets.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
:chinesenewyearm: This is what I drive. Good mileage. I drive it out of my house towards the outside gate, after that I have to get off and walk down the road and can't drive it on the highway because it wont pass inspection.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
Here's mine!

free_candy.jpg

It's a literal "babe" magnet. I feel so mischievous as I "creep" down the road.
I nicknamed her, "Snickers"....

Actually, here is my second car...
76732.jpg

It sucks gas and loves to be repaired but it kicks ass in the winter when it snows and i hit the 4x button.
I nicknamed her the, "Black Hole".

aznvietguy411

Oct 14, 2009
I currently drive a 1999 Nissan Altima GXE, only thing in there worth mentioning is the great gas mileage, my Pioneer deck, and Pioneer Speakers lol. And I also drive a 2008 RX 350 and a 2009 Lexus IS350.

xeffects

Jun 5, 2009
The 2010 Toyota Prius has 48 MPG on the highway and it can hold 11 gallons. That means it can travel 500+ miles with out refueling. My 2001 Hyndai Elantra is 28 MPG on the highway and 25 in the city, it holds 13 gallons. That means it can travel 350+ miles with out refueling. A Prius would definitely be the better choice. The Elantras are fuel hogs and they car frame is heavy as hell. Mine ran out of fuel once, I was low on cash and on a hill. It took 9 people to push it up the hill....terrible. You have to admire and respect the power of vehicles....I know my Elantra is heavy and I drive up this so called hill on occasion and its just so funny how the car creeps up slowly up the hill with no acceleration and it takes 9 people to barely move it lol.....those engines are really powerful!

Jul 1, 2009
1993 Cadillac Seville. Nothing too special, but certainly one of the most attractive American cars from the jellybean early 90's. :cozy:

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
1993 Cadillac Seville. Nothing too special, but certainly one of the most attractive American cars from the jellybean early 90's.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version Name: CadillacSeville.jpg Views: 1 Size: 198.9 KB ID: 239133
"Twenty-eight inch blades on the Impala" Nice ride!
What do you mean by the jellybean early nineties?:puzzled:

Jul 1, 2009
"Twenty-eight inch blades on the Impala" Nice ride!
What do you mean by the jellybean early nineties?:puzzled:

When aerodynamics really became a serious point of design in the late 1980s, early 1990s, (for gas mileage reasons) cars began to all look alike in general shape, due to the fact that the shape was being determined by physics. In the USA, people complained about this as being like "jellybeans"... the same shape in different colors, without much variety.

Cars today have more variety in shape while being about the same aerodynamically as back then... it took time for the designers to figure this out.

We've hit a wall in the progress of lowering drag numbers on cars. 0.25 cD has been the best most cars can manage for nearly 20 years now. Trying to go past that results in funny looking teardrop-shaped cars, like the original Honda Insight.

HondaInsight.jpg

In interesting experiment is to ask people whether they think a car is "male" or "female". You will find most people have the same opinion about a car's "gender"... for example, almost anyone would say the Cadillac Seville is a "male" car. Of course, it's just a car... but people naturally give it a gender category based on its look.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
In interesting experiment is to ask people whether they think a car is "male" or "female". You will find most people have the same opinion about a car's "gender"... for example, almost anyone would say the Cadillac Seville is a "male" car. Of course, it's just a car... but people naturally give it a gender category based on its look.
I think my Chevy Blazer is male, and also a gay prostitute.
It fucks me all the time and while doing so, I find myself calling it a cocksucker as I pay out the ass for it.:payup:

Thanks for explaining the "jellybean era"!
:chinesenewyearm:

woowoo72

Jan 23, 2010
I like older cars.
From the mid 80s:
288GTO1.jpg

288GTO2.jpg

Testarossa1.jpg

959-1.jpg

The Porsche is actually a good daily driver (I don't drive much though), it's just as roomy inside as any other 911 of the era. Very spartan, I like it. I don't mind using it either, as there's still a lot of aftermarket support for the car if anything breaks. The engine has been retuned by Canepa Designs so it's a fair bit more powerful than stock (originally 450bhp).

And this one doesn't see much time on the road. It's a 100% restoration - note even the factory radio! Besides not wanting to put miles on it, it gets pretty hot inside and is far from comfortable.
300SL1.jpg

300SL2.jpg

300SL3.jpg

Jul 1, 2009
I like older cars.

Good Lord! You have a 288GTO, a Testarossa, a 959 and a 300SL? You are either very, very rich or a huge BSer. :eek:mg: It's the internet, so I'll go with the later choice as a default. :dunno:

In either case, I do like your taste in cars, however... :cool: