Cops season 22
Dexter season 4
Family Guy season 8
Hell's Kitchen season 6
Heroes season 4
The Simpsons season 21

Naruto Shippuuden
World Series of Poker 2009

I haven't paid for cable for over 2 years. I figure I only watch a handful of shows that are only aired for half the year anyways and since I'm paying for internet why would I pay for cable to watch them with commercials? I don't mind waiting one or two days to watch them commercial free.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Don't watch too much really (I'm more a movie guy) but I do download "Family Guy", "Californication", "Burn Notice" and "Lost" when they get released, usually 12 or so hours after airing.
Having said that I've just again got through all the "Firefly" episodes (who was the brain-dead sphincter that decided to cancel that incredible series!) and have started on "Just Shoot Me". I've got a bunch of stuff (T.V series) that I'll get around to watching one day. I quite enjoy "Air Crash Investigation", of which I have all the episodes, and watch intermittently as well as other National Geographic documentaries, etc.

rubiks6

No more JI - Retired from AO
Apr 2, 2008
(I searched the keyword 'poker'. Found this one post.)

I don't even own a television. This is 2010. I have internet.

This thread quite fizzled, ay?. The 'what are you listening to ...' thread is doing much better. LOL

I did really enjoy the 'Big Love' series, though I downloaded it (not tv) (including season 5, which was posted 2 months before it was on tv). I also really enjoyed 'Avatar : the Last Airbender' (the show), which I was able to watch at my convenience and in order, thanks to the internet. Isn't tv dead ? Ooo - 'Lost' was a good one, though the ending sucked. All the 'Pink Panther' episodes are on youtube (ahh - the nostalgia).

Cheers

ane-san

snow queen
Sep 25, 2008
Waiting for Terra NOva to star airing (I mean, c`mon, there`ll be dinosaurs FTW!!!!)
and in the moment Jack the Ripper (1988, BBC <3)

isityours

People don't dance no mo'
Sep 27, 2008
surprisingly few replies here.

currently rewatching:
er, star trek TNG

currently watching:
justified,

have been watching: (off-topic)
breaking bad, house, six feet under, dexter, lie to me,

have stopped watching: (off-topic)
true blood, heroes, skins, boardwalk empire, criminal minds, the simpsons, prison break, its always sunny in philadelphia

have yet to get around to: (off-topic)
childrens hospital, game of thrones

recently enjoyed/reccommend: (off-topic)
the wire, lost, xfiles (again), the shield, twin peaks, the sopranos, seinfeld, mad men

thought was shit: (off-topic)
the office (either version), the big bang theory, jersey shore, scrubs, pushing daises

will update this post if i remember

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
You thought Scrubs was shit!?!? :puzzled:

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
You thought Scrubs was shit!?!? :puzzled:

i had watched part-way through the first season on tv when it first aired and remembered enjoying it so i dld it but decided not to come back for the second season. it seemed smirky and superficial but not in a good way. i just thought that the snide premise the humour was built around was trying to be funny in its own right. also, there was not much medicine as a part of the story. i guess it just didnt measure up to er in that respect either.
also i felt it borrowed a lot from ally mcbeal, hearing characters thoughts, day dreams/fantasies being played out within the context of the program and not a lot of focus on the cases themselves.

then again, just shoot me? ........ please, just shoot me.:joker:

i guess i just dont like comedramas.

will check out californication though.

edit: last 5 watched Nat Geo
Marijuana Nation; Prostitution, the worlds oldest trade; Worlds largest cruise ship; Bermuda triangle; Drugs Inc.
good stuff.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
Game of Thrones and Misfits
both of them really good, but in different ways

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
Louie (FX)
Curb Your Enthusiasm (HBO)
Breaking Bad (AMC)
Usagi Drop (Fuji TV)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Breaking Bad, (I am so glad it is back!)
Pretty Little Liars, (fucking great show with hot babes)
Teen Wolf (not a great show but not that bad either)
Weeds (great show but too short, should be an hour show)
Eureka (good for a few laughs)
Warehouse 13 (the same as above)
In Plain Sight (good show all around)
Falling Skies (hot new show)
Wilfred (funny and strange)
Burn Notice (another good all around show)
Necessary Roughness ( I like the show so they will probably cancel it)

No, I do not own a tv either. All shows downloaded courtesy of sharers at, (and commercial free), TPB or eztv.it

Oct 6, 2007
Rollyco: Curb your Enthusiasm, hells yes! It's finally back on the air.

Ceewan: EZTV is a god sent for people like us who don't wanna pay money for 99% of the shit on TV to see the good 1%

Right now current watching
Breaking Bad Season 1 (just started)
Hell's Kitchen Season 9
Curb your Enthusiasm Season 8

waiting for
New season of The Apprentice
Modern Family Season 3

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
"Damages" (perhaps one of the best dramas on tv. When FX cancelled it after 3 seasons due to ratings Showcase picked it up and the new episodes are available at TPB).

http://www.bt-chat.com/browse.php?category=9

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Loving them:

House (great scripts and acting)
Survivor (Still the only reality show worth watching)
Dexter (kicks ass)
Ringer (new show..interesting, giving it a chance)
The Middle (funny)
Modern Family (funny as hell)
The Secret Circle ( Vampire Diaries with witches)
The Ultimate Fighter (The fights man, the fights)
Psych (For a few laughs)
Terra Nova (Jurassic Park meets Timecop)
A Gifted Man (New show I give it two thumbs up)
Merlin (not spectacular but entertaining)
Nikita (I like the action)
Vampire Diaries (Hot bitches, blood and good drama)
Hawaii Five-O (I have a thing for Grace Park)
Bored To Death (Ted Danson is brillant in his old age)
Young Justice (The New Teen Titans)
Boardwalk Empire (Great Show)
The Good Wife (only she really isnt but it keeps me interested)
The Walking Dead (Dawn of the Dead as a tv series, need I say more?)

(I have way too much time on my hands, thankfully I watch them at my leisure)

Given the boot:

Glee (just got too gay for me, if you're offended just watch the show and leave me alone because frankly I dont care)

Charlies Angels ( The first show sucked so bad I am not giving the rest a chance)

isityours

Sep 27, 2008
yes, house. i did mention it in my previous post but i got S8 E1 the other day and im glad it came back. it really is good. damages too i just started watching recently and am enjoying it so far.

i totally feel you about glee and i have never watched an episode of it ever. it just reeks of gayness.

and bored to death...i watched the first few episodes and meant to come back to it. if you hadnt mentioned it im sure it would have just floated back into the oblivion of half watched tv shows.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
damages too i just started watching recently and am enjoying it so far.

Watch the First season, it is totally unexplained genius. As good a drama as anything I had seen and very original. The reason Damages ratings dropped and they ended up being cancelled and then picked up by Showcase is they could never follow up on the expectations given by that incredible first season. Still a good show though, Glenn Close is as good as she ever was, (although age catches up with us all). Just my opinion of course. I hope you enjoy the new season.

Another one to keep an eye is:
American Horror Story (I almost passed on this one but the first episode actually gave me a few frights, even when I knew that was what they were trying to do. This show might have promise.)

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Spartacus

There are very few real gems on cable tv. Starz has this one and do not miss it. You can download the first season at your favorite torrent site or just buy it, if you have the money. It is worth the price. This show is unbelievable and for mature audiences only. If it was a movie instead of a mini-series it would not be able to get an R rating. NC-17 all the way. Sex, violence, blood, gore and nudity dominate every episode, (the women are smoking hot too). We are talking the full monty here, (not that I am into that, just surprised to see it). The acting and writing is top notch and while not historically accurate in all respects it makes for enjoyable viewing.

Besides that one I have been watching:

Finder (this is actually pretty original and the acting isn't all that bad)
Person of Interest (I watch too much tv)
Alcatraz ( A lot better than I thought it would be)
Rob (starring Cheech Marin and Rob Schnieder, good for a few laughs)

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
Nobody watching The Walking Dead (no, not the Republican debates)?

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
Nobody watching The Walking Dead (no, not the Republican debates)?

I don't think that is on again until February 12th, I mentioned it near the bottom of an earlier post. Great show. The midseason finale was "killer"! It has to be one of the top ten shows on cable.

I haven't seen Mrs Brown's Boys.