Vanishing Photos

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
I have had problems once in a while with disappearing Akiba attachments. (In the form of regular .JPG files.) After previewing and submitting the post, the attachments behave, but the next time I visit, the attachments are gone.

I raised this question with one of the moderators (who happened to be CoolKevin, whom I see is answering the latest questions here), and he thought it might be one of those occasional glitches; but he suggested that I throw the question at Akiba's "problem page, where the more technical stuff is placed," in order to get, as he put it, more advanced answers.

I was too lazy to do so, and besides, it's not as though the problem happened all of the time. Yet what is prompting me to raise the issue this time is this recent post of mine:

http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?p=2038061#post2038061

The attachments disappeared. I re-uploaded the photos and edited the new links, and the post appeared to be fixed. Shortly afterwards, however, the pictures disappeared again.

I repeated the process a third time, and I see now the disappearance happened once again. That was unusual!

One clue: Usually when I upload attachments, the pictures appear as thumbnails at the bottom of the post, even when the pictures are embedded within the post. I noticed there were no thumbnails showing up at bottom with this latest attempt.

As an additional note:

I tried viewing the page with a different browser, and noticed the placeholders where the images should be located. When I reloaded the page, the placeholders disappeared.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
unfortunately I am the you got again,

but the more technical ones will read it and come up with a better answer than me, but the link you provided is a private message, so we would never have access to them, sorry I could not be of further assistance

jugulear

Akiba Citizen
Jan 20, 2012
Thank you very much, CoolKevin! I hope you've been well. And my apologies for having provided the wrong link; it has now been fixed.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
I have no idea what the problem is, I have never experienced it myself.

As a workaround, I suggest that you watch out for missing thumbnails when composing future posts. If it appears that there is a problem, cancel the post and try recreating it. Or try deleting and re-adding attachments.