Transferring VHS to (computer to) DVD-R

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
It is time to attempt this.
The purveyors I spoke to at Cinema Wasteland could not give me much information on how they managed to transfer media from a VHS videocassette to a DVD-R. :poor:
I have the correct setting to duplicate DVD onto VHS. I've done this before.
But I have been confounded with way too much information on how to transfer VHS to DVD-R.
The best way I can state my exasperation is the automobile example. I'm looking for the Chevrolet method of accomplishing this; but I keep finding the Ford method, the Honda method, and the Mercedes-Benz method instead. Sorry, Rollyco; I submit MeguIV is the Mercedes-Benz version. :puzzled:
So much of the content I want to transfer has been recorded in SLP mode. So I don't expect a sterling {oh geez, not another old auto make :why2:} result.
I'll get technical here. This computer runs Windows Vista.
It is the Medion MS-7501.
It has the 2.1 ghz AMD Phenom 8450 triple-core processor.
The C: drive is 618.66 GB.
My display card is the ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics / HD 3400 display.
It has Nero Burning ROM 8.3.2.2.
I'm fairly certain this software can be used to tweak the content once I get it on the hard drive.
I have a lot of blank DVD-Rs (50 Memorex, 100 Verbatim).
What I believe I still require for the hardware aspect is a cable from my VHS videocassette recorder to an input port on this computer. I add that the distance from my VHS VCR to the computer is longer than 6 feet.
These two pictures are the pertinent portions of both devices. I believe there will be a cable eminating from the yellow 'VIDEO' output.
Into which port on the front of this computer should the other end terminate? :confused:
Perhaps I should look for a (yellow?) port on the back of the computer? {No picture of that yet.}

As I scribed; I need to figure this out now. If I started transferring tomorrow, I could probably be doing this continuously until 2013. :dozingoff:
I thank you very much.

Rollyco

Team Tomoe
Oct 4, 2007
You're missing the necessary hardware: a capture card. It's also possible to capture analog video using a DV camera as a passthrough device, i.e. VCR -> DV camera S-Video or RCA input port -> DV camera firewire output port -> computer firewire input port.