Torrent download issue

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

arnie

Feb 1, 2008
I have used Bitlord with good success for years now but there is one small issue that I cannot figure out. On perhaps 3% of the torrents I attempt to download they will work to the point placing the torrent in the que and finding peers to leech from but that is all. The latest that did not work are the Yuki collections that were posted. I will check and there will be many replies of thanks to OP so it works for others but not for me. Any thoughts?
Thanks

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
From memory these were DHT only torrents so you would need to have that enabled in your torrent program. Never used Bitlord (or even heard of it!) so I'm not sure how to access/alter the settings of this particular program.

arnie

Feb 1, 2008
Thanks, Rhinosaur, I tried to find DHT or any other settings I thought might make a change, no dice. I tired a different torrent program before with no results, guess I'll try something else.

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
reg DHT there are two different kind of protocols, BitComet / uTorrent are not using the same Azureus / Vuze does. So it is the question with which client the torrent has been issued.

This problem is the reason I have to use Vuze (my Standard) and uTorrent as well, because I cannot dl any torrent with Vuze where the torrent has been issued with uTorrent / BitComet and DHT is the only seeder.

This problem mainly appears with torrents issued in Asia by BitComet. Often those torrents are seeded by DHT only.

BitLord may be a clone of one of the a.m. clients, but I do not know of which one...

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
add trackers.

I also am not familar with Bitlord, (really, try utorrent), although I have heard of it. Still, adding trackers can often be of use. Torrents are often reposted on many different boards, (many torrents posted here originate from other boards as well), and trackers are often added. I do this all the time myself with a large success rate. DHT only torrents might be a little more secure but they are generally more hassle than they are worth , IMO anyway. So again, try adding trackers, (and consider an upgrade to utorrent or vuze).

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
Trying utorrent now and it's working. Thank you all for your help.
From my experience it outshines all other torrent programs. Have used it since about late 2006/early 2007 without fail.