too many jav idols are retiring

javnlhd

Oct 25, 2015
jav is gonna suck if they cant keep big names and even the hot not so star like idols go away i mean what was good this year Aika didnt do that much and im hoping she is gonna stay a little longer next year but she has that award she was waiting for hibiki had the whole ai uehara replacement job in her videos she made it look like ai did with the games and stuff ruka kanea is gone and the only realy active idol is yui hatano but for how long till she is gone again then we have abe mikako that had some videos and then kinda gone and now at the end of the year she did like 4 or 5 new videos with two more to come next month so if they also are gonna go next year

hope some stay and if lucky the kinda new jav stars are gonna get better videos (ai uehara needs to return)

Reactions: shawn720s

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
I think you already post something similar before. Anyway ... there are tons of big names, with new girls getting more and more popular. "AV career" tend to be shorter now, but there are still girls like Ai Sayama, Julia, Ayumi Shunka, Aoi, Hasumi Kurea, Hanyuu Arisa, Saki Okuda, and many other actresses with already couple of years in the business.

Reactions: kharo88 and Supmop

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
jav is gonna suck if they cant keep big names and even the hot not so star like idols go away i mean what was good this year Aika didnt do that much and im hoping she is gonna stay a little longer next year but she has that award she was waiting for hibiki had the whole ai uehara replacement job in her videos she made it look like ai did with the games and stuff ruka kanea is gone and the only realy active idol is yui hatano but for how long till she is gone again then we have abe mikako that had some videos and then kinda gone and now at the end of the year she did like 4 or 5 new videos with two more to come next month so if they also are gonna go next year

hope some stay and if lucky the kinda new jav stars are gonna get better videos (ai uehara needs to return)

you need to see much more AV !!!

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
it's the nature of the industry, but the best thing about it every girl that retires, there are always 10 new girls that come in so the supply will never end, and there will always be stars(and are) you just gotta expand your taste there are many many many girls.

Inertia

Akiba Citizen
Apr 2, 2015
Are you sure too many are retiring or is it more anecdotal?

Take your favorite studio and count how many actresses were used over 2018 and compare it to a previous year. Skip compilations of course.

EroMura777

Apr 5, 2015
But high profile actresses didn't pop overnight, they needed some movies to get to that level. People, however, doesn't seem to give them a chance to become stars.

Handsome Pete

Sep 4, 2010
I don't know if it's because idols are quitting too fast, or if it's because not enough new talent is rising to take their places, but I know that the number of idols whose releases I keep tabs on (let alone watch) has gone significantly down.

Reactions: PK Atomsk

Restrepo

Jul 7, 2015
I don't know if it's because idols are quitting too fast, or if it's because not enough new talent is rising to take their places, but I know that the number of idols whose releases I keep tabs on (let alone watch) has gone significantly down.
Yeah, I'd have to agree. There are so few idols at the moment that I bother checking for...it's been a real doldrums for a while.

We need an (active) thread about new faces worth checking out, because JAV has been boring for a bit now. Pretty much all my favorite girls are gone, and the few I found more recently also quit.

Granted, I've still got the likes of Sumire Mizukawa and Mikami Yua, but as Pete said, it's so damn few vs. the dozens I used to happily follow.

vietbub

Dec 6, 2008
It's cause of piracy. There isn't as much revenue for JAV studios anymore so they can't produce as many movies like they use to. Producing many movies had a two-fold effect where it allowed more videos of the idols you enjoyed and allowed for new girls to be tested. With the reduction of releases, it reduced the amount of jav idols that could be introduced to fans and it reduced income for JAV idols. Reduced incomes mean JAV idols are less motivated to continue making movies and studios have less resources to retain talent.