RETIREMENTs of JAV Stars

iConsume

Apr 2, 2011
I think this subject, if not already, should be a sticky item.

2016 was pretty saddening for me in terms of retirements of stars. But so was 2015 and I'm sure 2017 will be too, as girls like Saki Hatsumi and Sana Mizuhara have said they'll be leaving the business.

How about a listing -- along with attached pics (and translations) of Twitter feeds or Blog posts if available -- of JAV stars retirements and retirement announcements.

Aside from causing their faithfull fans to get teary eyed, such a listing could also be useful for collectors of their titles, as shares of their best works may increase, thus leading to increased activity on this board.

2016 Retirements that hit me hard:
Kaho Kasumi
Ai Uehara
(maybe she was 2015)
Ayumi Shinoda

please consider adding to the list if you have info. In addition to 2016, 2017 and beyond, I hope it can also include previous years, going back as far as worthwhile considering the popularity and esteem of a particular star.

Kaho Kasumi 2016 Retirement Finale: IPZ-737
kahoretireipz737.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Supmop

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
Retirement with an anal movie, nice ! Plus it seems to be different than most of anal JAV movies (r*** theme most of time).

For me, in 2016, 3 girls left the business :

Sakura Kirishima
sakura-kirishima-1.jpg sakura-kirishima-10.jpg

Ayashiro Yurina
yurina_ayashiro-484-002.jpg yurina-ayashiro-10.jpg

Sena Mao

mao-sena-2.jpg mao-sena-6.jpg
I translated her announcement here

Reactions: Supmop and iConsume

iConsume

Apr 2, 2011
thanks for contributing. I see that there is a "whatever happened to..." thread but I don't see the title of that thread as very efficient. if it's supposed to be a RETIREMENT thread or "Retirement announcement" thread, then it should be named as such. the way it is, it sounds to me more like a "Lost and Found" thread. for all the years i've been on AO, i've never considered that a retirement thread, even though i've scanned through it many times.

i still think there needs to be a RETIREMENT thread that's very specific as far as announcements like you provided, as well as dates and other info.

thx again, darksider59

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
thanks for contributing. I see that there is a "whatever happened to..." thread but I don't see the title of that thread as very efficient. if it's supposed to be a RETIREMENT thread or "Retirement announcement" thread, then it should be named as such. the way it is, it sounds to me more like a "Lost and Found" thread. for all the years i've been on AO, i've never considered that a retirement thread, even though i've scanned through it many times.

i still think there needs to be a RETIREMENT thread that's very specific as far as announcements like you provided, as well as dates and other info.

thx again, darksider59
Retirement Annoucement on Twitter, Instragram, Blog, DMM awards, and maybe a pre-retirement release before the retirement special. Mainstream Av actresseses/idols are easier to track and some did make a comeback or venture in to mainstream media or got married according to their recent social media posts if they still update them once in a while.
Ideapocket-Miyuki Yokoyama, Rio, Aino Kishi, Alice Miyuki(late2015/early2016) Rin Sakuragi and Amani Tsubasa soon. Maybe Jessica Kizaki very soon.
Ai Uehara, Anri Okita-Mid 2016
Yukiko Suo-2015?
Maria Ozawa-2010?
Mihiro-Mid 2010
Kaera Uehara-2010
Saori Hara-2011

Reactions: iConsume

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
I remember yua aida, anri Suzuki, reiko taichibana, and kaera uehara have their retirement post on their blogs for years before they're deleted and this was all before av stars and agencies started using twitter to promote releases and events. Some don't even have a retirement release and faded away. Aino Kishi deleted her old blog and a lot of posts on her new blog and rarely update on twitter and instagram anymore. Alice miyuki delete all hers and occasionally pops up on her friends social media while hanging out. It's hard to find info about v-cinema, av debut, retirement, and interviews for mainstream actresses before 2010 let alone lesser know one. They try to distance themselves away unlike Mihiro who got married and appear in sexual variety show on Amebatv once in a while. A lot of av actresses did wrote "memoirs" that are partly fabricated fantasy to sell more.

iConsume

Apr 2, 2011
I recall Aino Kishi did make public announcements prior to her 2015 retirement. In fact, I think at the DMM awards show in the fall of that year, she made the announcement at the microphone when she accepted her award for best actress or something. I don't get on Twitter much anymore so I am out of the loop on the more recent announcements.

Sorry to read your post about Amami Tsubasa's impending retirement, silent1one. She's just about the last one in the line of highly delectable IdeaPocket stars going back several years. I know Jessica Kizaki's still around, but her work with S1 Style has been underwhelming to me. And Minori Hatsune, another fave, made a short-time jump from IdeaPocket to Moodyz, where she shot some good videos, but then she suddenly disappeared, apparently without formally retiring. Her profile is still up on T-Powers agency's site, but so also is Rio's so I don't know if that means anything.

Also, in addition to the loss of most of their top stars, IdeaPocket has become a lot less interesting to me in terms of their series the past couple of years. I sure miss the "Please Fuck My Wife," "Fucked in Front of Husband," "Ravaged While My Boyfriend Watches," "Office Lady Molester" and "Large Orgies" series, and a couple others I forget right now.

Anyhoo, Amami Tsubasa is, to me, more daring in her performances than Jessica K., plus she has a terrific o-shiri. Sure wish she'd make hardcore use of it before saying goodbye. Jessica doing the same would be icing on the cake.

Another 2016 retirement I forgot to mention that was a downer for me was Emiri Okazaki. Such a cool chick, plus hot and sexually unabashed. Yeah, she kinda put it in cruise control the past couple of years, but many of her earlier titles are in my JAV GOLD collection.

Emiri Okazaki Retirement 2016 Title (IPZ-846):
emiriretireipz846.jpg

iConsume

Apr 2, 2011
Ai Uehara is retired, yet new movies with her still keep coming...

same with my love Ayumi Shinoda. She probably has more unreleased footage in the can than Ai-chan, but pretty soon they'll both be fodder for compilations and re-releases only.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
I recall Aino Kishi did make public announcements prior to her 2015 retirement. In fact, I think at the DMM awards show in the fall of that year, she made the announcement at the microphone when she accepted her award for best actress or something. I don't get on Twitter much anymore so I am out of the loop on the more recent announcements.

Sorry to read your post about Amami Tsubasa's impending retirement, silent1one. She's just about the last one in the line of highly delectable IdeaPocket stars going back several years. I know Jessica Kizaki's still around, but her work with S1 Style has been underwhelming to me. And Minori Hatsune, another fave, made a short-time jump from IdeaPocket to Moodyz, where she shot some good videos, but then she suddenly disappeared, apparently without formally retiring. Her profile is still up on T-Powers agency's site, but so also is Rio's so I don't know if that means anything.

Also, in addition to the loss of most of their top stars, IdeaPocket has become a lot less interesting to me in terms of their series the past couple of years. I sure miss the "Please Fuck My Wife," "Fucked in Front of Husband," "Ravaged While My Boyfriend Watches," "Office Lady Molester" and "Large Orgies" series, and a couple others I forget right now.

Anyhoo, Amami Tsubasa is, to me, more daring in her performances than Jessica K., plus she has a terrific o-shiri. Sure wish she'd make hardcore use of it before saying goodbye. Jessica doing the same would be icing on the cake.

Another 2016 retirement I forgot to mention that was a downer for me was Emiri Okazaki. Such a cool chick, plus hot and sexually unabashed. Yeah, she kinda put it in cruise control the past couple of years, but many of her earlier titles are in my JAV GOLD collection.

Emiri Okazaki Retirement 2016 Title (IPZ-846):
View attachment 926032
A lot of ideapocket girls left or retired. The new younger girls doesn't seem to possess the charm or charisms as their senpais. Also, those that change studios after sticking to one for a long time such as ideapocket usually meant they're retiring soon like yua aida and kaera uehara. Rin Sakuragi and Amami tsubasa already said they're going to retire and I think they might already prefilmed their final releases already and are just waiting for the final event. Jessica migh be next. Not everyone is a Akiho Yoshizawa. It's her 15th year. She started around the same time as Mihiro and Sora Aoi and those two retired 6-7 years ago, got married, and venture in to the mainstream market respectively.

Btw aino kishi host the dmm awards last year shortly after her final release, but she announce her retirement the previous year at dmm 2015. The next one is coming up and I remember you can stream it live from their website like the last few years.

Ai Uehara is retired, yet new movies with her still keep coming...
Ai just faded away from social media like alice miyuki. I guess she's no longer obligated to promote any release or events and they don't want to do non-av entertainment either.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
^Ai uehara literally done everything she can in av. She even did uncensored fully shaved, dp, bbc, and huge amateur "fans" gb. She even guest star in some mainstream movie, film a sleazy v-cinema, appear in Mihiro and Aino Kishi radio/variety show along with stripping for a month May last year at some club. She makes us think she's going all out and fade away entirely. I'm not sure we'll see her update anymore let alone perform more av.

Lim3lighT

Mar 24, 2014
She's still around on twitter (https://twitter.com/okaemiri), seems she's working at a hostess club now.

Big one from last year for me was Matsuoka China, who was forced to retire after she got severely injured in a hit-and-run accident. Shame too, since she was tweeting about how she wanted to come back after the accident but couldn't.

natsuxdragon

Jul 21, 2013
Is it true that Ayumi Shinoda is married? i read it on some fourm on the net that someone said she has a husband.

Also whats the status of Haruki Sato does she still have a social media page?

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012

good idea, support all retire announcements from now on in this thread only :top:

its good to have 1 thread than lot of thread only to ask or tell news about JAV idols getting retire ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: darksider59

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
Is it true that Ayumi Shinoda is married? i read it on some fourm on the net that someone said she has a husband.

don't know if its true or not but I heard rumour she is married when she still active

Also whats the status of Haruki Sato does she still have a social media page?

I think Haruki Sato is one from some retired AV idols who have big possibility will comeback

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I remember yua aida, anri Suzuki, reiko taichibana, and kaera uehara have their retirement post on their blogs for years before they're deleted and this was all before av stars and agencies started using twitter to promote releases and events. Some don't even have a retirement release and faded away. Aino Kishi deleted her old blog and a lot of posts on her new blog and rarely update on twitter and instagram anymore. Alice miyuki delete all hers and occasionally pops up on her friends social media while hanging out. It's hard to find info about v-cinema, av debut, retirement, and interviews for mainstream actresses before 2010 let alone lesser know one. They try to distance themselves away unlike Mihiro who got married and appear in sexual variety show on Amebatv once in a while. A lot of av actresses did wrote "memoirs" that are partly fabricated fantasy to sell more.

I think some who never give retirement release or goodbye statement are never have intention to retire permanently, they leaved because they lost motivation in AV, want to try something new, or in serious relationship. but they still want to comeback someday if they need the money

before 2010 internet still not very worldwide yet, so its more difficult to track the records especially from not very popular girls, looking for free JAV videos from before 2007 also not easy

She's still around on twitter (https://twitter.com/okaemiri), seems she's working at a hostess club now.

Big one from last year for me was Matsuoka China, who was forced to retire after she got severely injured in a hit-and-run accident. Shame too, since she was tweeting about how she wanted to come back after the accident but couldn't.

yes china matsuoka is a real very sad story in AV, she still want to perform more but she couln't :(

^Ai uehara literally done everything she can in av. She even did uncensored fully shaved, dp, bbc, and huge amateur "fans" gb. She even guest star in some mainstream movie, film a sleazy v-cinema, appear in Mihiro and Aino Kishi radio/variety show along with stripping for a month May last year at some club. She makes us think she's going all out and fade away entirely. I'm not sure we'll see her update anymore let alone perform more av.

I won't be surprise if she comeback years after retirement ;)

BDrake

Akiba Citizen
Sep 29, 2015
same with my love Ayumi Shinoda. She probably has more unreleased footage in the can than Ai-chan, but pretty soon they'll both be fodder for compilations and re-releases only.

Ayumi is my number 1, so that hurt. :aaaa:

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
A lot of ideapocket girls left or retired. The new younger girls doesn't seem to possess the charm or charisms as their senpais. Also, those that change studios after sticking to one for a long time such as ideapocket usually meant they're retiring soon like yua aida and kaera uehara. Rin Sakuragi and Amami tsubasa already said they're going to retire and I think they might already prefilmed their final releases already and are just waiting for the final event. Jessica migh be next. Not everyone is a Akiho Yoshizawa. It's her 15th year. She started around the same time as Mihiro and Sora Aoi and those two retired 6-7 years ago, got married, and venture in to the mainstream market respectively.

yes most ex ideapocket girls are hot, and unfortunately current new girls are far below their seniors :( same like Alice their girls quality dropped significantly

yeah those who feel life are harder when they became freelance won't survive long :(

I'm aware that not everyone are Akiho Yoshizawa and Yuma Kazami, mostly only stayed for few years top, many of them are less than 2

Rin Sakuragi already said it few years ago, so I don't know now is for real or she will delay again, lets hope Tsubasa Amami will cancel her decission :)

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
yes most ex ideapocket girls are hot, and unfortunately current new girls are far below their seniors :( same like Alice their girls quality dropped significantly

yeah those who feel life are harder when they became freelance won't survive long :(

I'm aware that not everyone are Akiho Yoshizawa and Yuma Kazami, mostly only stayed for few years top, many of them are less than 2

Rin Sakuragi already said it few years ago, so I don't know now is for real or she will delay again, lets hope Tsubasa Amami will cancel her decission :)
I think rin sakuragi took a long hiatus prior to joining ideapocket. I remember Rio also took a year long hiatus with no new release a few years ago and took another one before ideapocket confirm her retirement without a retirement special. Aino kishi, miyuki yokoyama, and alice miyuki got their respective retirement special. Btw I remember Mihiro got 2 for different studios while sora aoi got none. Ai uehara and anri okita also make a big deal about their retirement before one fade away and the other found better non-av opportunities thanks to her busty&mixed background. There may be chances for them to return like sarasa hara and serina hayakawa. Speaking of serina I remember kaera gave her flowers while she shed in tears. Thesedays girls don't stage that part anymore instead ideapocket get their current girls to call them sort of like a farewell graduating message.

Supmop

Akiba Citizen
Oct 23, 2012
I think rin sakuragi took a long hiatus prior to joining ideapocket. I remember Rio also took a year long hiatus with no new release a few years ago and took another one before ideapocket confirm her retirement without a retirement special. Aino kishi, miyuki yokoyama, and alice miyuki got their respective retirement special. Btw I remember Mihiro got 2 for different studios while sora aoi got none. Ai uehara and anri okita also make a big deal about their retirement before one fade away and the other found better non-av opportunities thanks to her busty&mixed background. There may be chances for them to return like sarasa hara and serina hayakawa. Speaking of serina I remember kaera gave her flowers while she shed in tears. Thesedays girls don't stage that part anymore instead ideapocket get their current girls to call them sort of like a farewell graduating message.

that kind of girls that I won't be surprise if they comeback again

today AV idols are more common to come and go, even they who already made retirement announcement still can comeback

if you ask me its not impossible if they comeback (including Tina Yuzuki, Yua Aida, Maria Ozawa, Mihiro, Sora Aoi and others), if they still under 50 and healthy enough, need the money and find suitable offer