The "whatever" best performer / body part - and no pictures... :(

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Hello everyone, :hihi:

lately many threads pop up which ask for [THREAD=1263454]your all time favourite[/THREAD], [THREAD=1209605]the youngest performer 2013[/THREAD], [THREAD=1270044]the performer with the most perfect body[/THREAD], [THREAD=1274974]performers with huge fake breasts[/THREAD], [THREAD=1148678]the best body in Japan[/THREAD] or simply [THREAD=1175529]the most beautiful performer[/THREAD]. I like this discussion because their informative and you maybe get to know new performers. It also integrates new members of the forum. And it takes care that the forum for JAV lovers doesn't get reduced to the direct download and torrent section.

But there is one thing which makes me a little bit sad about these threads. I'm watching JAV for a while now. And I also know a few performers. But that's exactly the point: a few, but not all and also not the majority - especially new performers poping up and already know ones disappear. Some of the performers also use several names which is another problem.

So my request would be that everyone who mentions a performer in such threads would also post a picture of the performer. That would be very helpful. :bigeyes: And I guess if you're really a fan of a performer you surely have a few pictures of her on you HDD or your browser bookmarks, right?

Thank you all for reading my tiny request. :beg2:

Reactions: 2 people

StageNinja47

Sep 21, 2013
I know what you mean. when you try to look up an actress you don't know every now an then you have a bunch of different picture pop out. an it takes a little while to figure out who someone is taking about.

Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I know what you mean. when you try to look up an actress you don't know every now an then you have a bunch of different picture pop out. an it takes a little while to figure out who someone is taking about.
Thanks for understanding my problem.

Alright, if someone doesn't post a pic of the person, then i'll add it to help you out
That would be really nice. An idea crossed my mind: Maybe it would be possible to create some kind of library of pictures - one of each performer - which can be used by all members. First I thought that a public album would be a solution. But as far as I know you can't search within an album. That would make it very complicated to find a certain performer. Maybe creating a group would be better. At least there is a search button. What are you experiences about groups and searching within them?

Gaia093

Nov 21, 2013
Yeah I get that, not having pictures associated with the names can make for a tedious research. I'm guilty of that as well, though! I'll try to have pics accompanying my posts in the future.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
did you mean? a thread for each jav idol?

You mean creating a separate thread for each JAV idol in a group dedicated to this problem? I don't know. If the pictures itself can be tagged or maybe an description containing the name(s) is added to each picture, maybe simply uploading pictures to that group would be sufficient. The goal must be: It should be easy to add new JAV idols, it should be easy to search for them and it should be easy to use the pictures in thread in the forum.

Maybe we simply have to try how to get the best result.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I created a group: JAV idol gallery. I also added some pictures as well as a description for every picture. But the problem is: I'm the admin of that group and somehow I don't get the search menu for that reason. :huh: Can anyone of you, please, check if you can search for the photo descriptions?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
At least it seems to work. The album - if you view the photo - even offers a BB Code for the picture. But maybe my pictures which I uploaded for testing a little bit too big. Maybe we should define a recommended size before going productive. Means if the search is working for the picture descriptions. Otherwise I can close that group.

attachment.php

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
No, it's not possible to search for the description. I tried different approaches, but you can only search for posts in groups, not for the picture description. And if you go to the picture overview of a group you don't get the description as well. You really have to open the picture view. :nonono: Means it doesn't work at all. That's sad... :wryyy:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Okay, I tried another trick: For each performer I created a "Discussion" in the group. Now I get the "Search" menu. But if I try to search for e.g. "Aimi" or "Meguru" I don't get any hits. :huh: Maybe it takes some time until the "Discussions" are indexed by the board software. :lolidunno:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I posted the problem in the thread [THREAD=1263415]Search Function[/THREAD] in the "Site Support & Bugs" subforum. Let's see what happens...

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
But will everyone who wants to use these have to join the group?

I'm not sure, Casshern2. I hope not as I made it a public group. So everything should be accessible for everyone.
But unfortunately the search still isn't work. And until now no one of the mods posted anything in the [THREAD=1263415]Search Function[/THREAD] thread.

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
When I clicked on the Rio Hamasaki pic it said I needed to be a member of the group. ?? I probably may not use these pics, which, by the way, is a very good idea. I was just seeing how it would work but got prompted.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
When I clicked on the Rio Hamasaki pic it said I needed to be a member of the group. ?? I probably may not use these pics, which, by the way, is a very good idea. I was just seeing how it would work but got prompted.

Thanks a lot for trying / testing it.

Hm, that's a pity. I made the group as open as vBulletin allows. Seems that is not enough. In the worst case everyone has to join that group which is no problem as I allowed everyone to join without permission of the group admin.

After reading some of the manuals of vBulletin and also looking around in the Internet my impression is that social group only a nice add-on in vBulletin, but lack a lot of things. I'm currently still fighting with the search function within the group. It doesn't work at all. Currently the only method is to use the Advanced Search, got to the "Search Multiple Content Types" tab, select "Group Messages" and enter the name of the performer. I don't know why this is working within a group also vBulletin offers a "Search" menu.

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Hello, lullaby4love. I created it as an open group. Means everyone can join the group anytime. No special permission from my side is needed. I think it is the most practical way as everyone should be able to use the pictures.
I invited you. That's the only thing I can do from my side.