The G-spot may be a myth

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Blackmarrow

Mar 28, 2009
Apparently based on some researcher done by The Kings College London team, researchers have concluded the g-spot in women may in fact be a myth.
Here's a link to the article on the BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8439000.stm

I'm interested to hear what people here think of this, I'm especially interested in any female opinions.:casual:

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
If a mythical spot makes a female feel good, she still feels good. If a mythical spot gives a female an orgasm, she still has an orgasm. So instead of researching it, experience it: stick a finger, penis, vibrator, dildo or the handle of a hairbrush in there and just see what, where and how it feels good.

Blackmarrow

Mar 28, 2009
If a mythical spot makes a female feel good, she still feels good. If a mythical spot gives a female an orgasm, she still has an orgasm. So instead of researching it, experience it: stick a finger, penis, vibrator, dildo or the handle of a hairbrush in there and just see what, where and how it feels good.

I see where your coming from but they where not trying to figure out what felt good for woman. Their aim was to investigate if there was a specific bundle of tissue in all womens vagina that if stimulated, regardless of the women it would give an intense orgasm.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
Speaking as someone who has used Beverly Whipple's book to achieve great success and hours and hours of unbelievable fun,:nosebleed: I think this just goes to show how unbelievable these studies can be. I'm sure you can find a study that twists data and refutes the effect of mankind on global climate change...just sayin':destroy:
I'm not sayin' study author Andrea Burri is frigid and a stuck up prude, I'm sayin' she probably never had a proper schtupping, I'm just sayin,.:perhaps:
http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-august-18-2009/cnn-s-just-sayin- (@ 1:45 min)
The operative word "may" is a lot like "just sayin'"
"I'm not sayin' your Mom's a whore, I'm sayin' she fucks guys for money, I'm just sayin'"

My personal, deeply penetrating research shows that not only does the G-spot exist, but it causes female ejaculation, and may even be the secret to world peace. I'm not sayin' Tim Spector is virgin that never finger-banged a pussy, I'm sayin' he didn't do it right, I'm just sayin'.:rofl:

For more inflammatory arguments about squirting pussies and not doing it right, see my thread here:
http://www.akiba-online.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15106
Next those blowhards will be doing a study that show that anal isn't fun!

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
Suppose I provide you with eight identical wooden doors. Suppose behind six of them is a glass of water. Suppose behind one of them is a glass full of sawdust. Suppose behind the last of them is a glass full of honeyed milk. Suppose I let you investigate all eight doors, and suppose I refill the contents of any one glass should you empty it. The door which leads to the honeyed milk always leads to the honeyed milk. Likewise for the others.

Suppose 95% of people report that they prefer the door which leads to the honeyed milk and, if permitted to choose freely, they will choose to always open that door once they know what lies behind each of the eight (from previous trials and errors). Suppose for sake of argument that this door is Door #6.

If I asked you, "Is there any difference between the doors that might explain why Door #6 is preferred 19 times out of 20 to every other door?", you would have to answer, "No, there is no difference. The doors all look the same. They are all built the same. You could not tell them apart even if you were to break them down."

Would you then deny the existence of the honeyed milk behind Door #6!?

The problem with much of the G-spot research is that the researchers are convinced there must be a difference between the G-spot tissue and the other vaginal tissue. I am not convinced this is true. I think that perhaps the tissue is all the same but only the stimulation of the G-spot specifically elicits such a strong response. In other words, the vaginal tissue isn't where the difference lies: the cerebral cortex is. It's the end of the sensory nerves' pathway, and not their origin, which accounts for the difference between G-spot stimulation and stimulation elsewhere. Because only the nerves located at the G-spot have a final pathway destination which lies somewhere in the brain strongly linked with pleasure.

So instead of looking for anatomical differences, they should try to figure out a way for people to have their brains imaged while they are in free motion. In other words, to have something akin to a CT or MRI done to them while they are having sexual intercourse. This is incredibly difficult (and previously argued to be outright impossible) because the technologies require the utmost stillness while the imaging is being done -- and you can't really have sex, let alone G-spot stimulation orgasms, if you have a motionless dick inside of a motionless vagina.

RickyDicky

Dec 27, 2007
The problem with much of the G-spot research is that the researchers are convinced there must be a difference between the G-spot tissue and the other vaginal tissue. I am not convinced this is true. I think that perhaps the tissue is all the same but only the stimulation of the G-spot specifically elicits such a strong response. In other words, the vaginal tissue isn't where the difference lies: the cerebral cortex is. It's the end of the sensory nerves' pathway, and not their origin, which accounts for the difference between G-spot stimulation and stimulation elsewhere. Because only the nerves located at the G-spot have a final pathway destination which lies somewhere in the brain strongly linked with pleasure.

My experience was that the G-spot did feel different, after arousal, and especially after stimulation. It feels like a raised pad about the size of a dime. (The best way I can describe it is - run your finger across the back of your other hand and feel the last knuckle where a finger joins the hand - it's a little bump) (those of you with fat sausage fingers - sorry, probably won't work.) You can definitely feel the difference from before and after stimulation. With stimulation it becomes engorged with blood. It maybe the same tissue, but that spot reacts differently to stimulation than other areas of the vagina. While I have had my hand in there, I never really felt around for other things: light switches, key holders, latte machines etc.; if you know where what you're looking for is, why would you look elsewhere? It does take some firm pressure to get it going, and that is contrary to what I just read after a quick Google. It may be true that every woman doesn't have one; my most positive experiences were with one woman, but I would be willing to check all the rest of the women in the world! The problem, besides the fact that it doesn't light up with a flashing light, is that it can initially cause the feeling of the need to urinate which can cause a woman to be uncomfortable, not aroused. If this shuts them down before they even get started, then they could easily convince themselves that they don't have one. Personally, I thought the whole idea of studying identical twins was kinda stupid. Just sayin'.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
It may be true that every woman doesn't have one
Maybe just the women in London don't have one.

I have found the Gee spot and almost drowned by the after affects.

I've heard that the clitoris has 8,000 nerve endings but I betcha it's only 4,000 and the G spot has the other 4 grand.
All those receptors really pack a punch!
Vaginas and penises are awesome! Thank you creator!! :bow-pray:

Please don't start a thread about the "Myth of the Wet spot".
It does exist.
It's a bar in a small neighboring town here where I live.

Gir633

Señor Member
Oct 28, 2008
Whatever the results, I bet the researchers had fun looking for it. :snicker2:

I have to do some "research" for my paper, so why don't you come over to my lab tonight. I'll light some candles, put on some soft music, and open a bottle of wine, and we can get down and make a little science.

Astb

Nov 7, 2007
Well, since I'm of the female variety, I figure I should step up and say: If a male G-spot can exist, whether there is a physiological difference or not, then a female G-spot can exist.

Personally, I've discovered mine and what biblical floods it can cause. I would say it exists because I feel a difference, and not just in my head. My friends would back me up, some who were ignorant of the 'potential' existence of the G-spot until college. I do agree that not all women have one and/or it doesn't produce the same type of sensation. I do think that regardless of being identical twins, each can be wired differently. Nerve sensitivities and endings aren't identical all the time (from what I've been able to glean).

Another thing is that not all women were taught to find their G-spot in a class, so one twin may have done her independent research or had a talented partner and learned that way, while the other (poor thing) was left out of the club. Who knows?

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
When females are taught how to masturbate to an orgasm, the percentage of females that masturbate jumps to a similar level as males.

So I feel that for instance half the geography classes in highschool should be replaced by masturbation classes for females.

PillageTea

Dec 25, 2009
interesting...

whether it's a myth or not... it does not hurt to look for it and try it out. it might feel good for some and great for others. that's my two cents.

Astb

Nov 7, 2007
When females are taught how to masturbate to an orgasm, the percentage of females that masturbate jumps to a similar level as males.

So I feel that for instance half the geography classes in highschool should be replaced by masturbation classes for females.

Alice knows about the masturbation rates of males vs. females (though the stats are a little dated): Brushing the beaver vs. choking the chicken

I think that conservatives would crap their pants at the idea of a masturbation class, but I think everyone else might come to appreciate it. Why don't you run that by the local school board? :bingo:

But more on topic:
More research is necessary to make more conclusive statements about whether the G-spot has a physiological basis, experts say.

"I don't think that these are invented experiences at all," Herbenick said. "And if at the end of the day, someone's invented something and they feel pleasure from it, then I think that's great."

The G-spot has been so difficult to identify because it is more of a physiological change -- akin to swallowing or urinating -- than an anatomic structure such as a nipple, said Dr. Irwin Goldstein, director of sexual medicine at Alvarado Hospital in San Diego, California, who oversees the peer review process for the Journal of Sexual Medicine.

But a recent study that adds credence to the G-spot concept. French researchers Odile Buisson and Pierre Foldès did ultrasounds of a small number of women having intercourse with men. By looking at the changes in the vagina, the researchers found physiological evidence of the G-spot. This study is under review at the Journal of Sexual Medicine, Goldstein said.

The G-spot is named after Dr. Ernst Grafenberg, a gynecologist known for his research on female genitalia. He described this pleasure zone of the vagina in a 1950 paper.

The 1982 book "The G Spot: And Other Discoveries About Human Sexuality" made the term "G-spot" popular.

A small study by Italian researchers in the Journal of Sexual Medicine in 2008 found that women who were able to achieve vaginal orgasms had thicker tissue between the vagina and the urethra, where the G-spot is said to reside.

A minority of women say they ejaculate when they have a G-spot orgasm. Some sex researchers say this fluid comes from a gland that's near the G-spot area.

Men also have a G-spot of sorts, below the scrotum and above the anus, Goldstein said, although it has not gotten as much attention as the more mysterious female G-spot.

From here: CNN article: Finding the G-Spot: Is it real?

The original study even says that 56% of women said they had a G-spot. It seems like research would be better done on those that claim they don't have a G-spot, to see how many of them have G-spots, but don't know it and how many of them do not genuinely have a G-spot.

An interesting thing that was brought up here, in the comments, was that it's found (more successfully, at least) when a woman is aroused. Is that the same for the male g-spot?
I still think that even if some people don't have a g-spot a better way to discern whether they have one, is to get them aroused (one way or another) and then look for it. Just asking about it, and assuming she knows or has even attempted to find it, isn't quite the research I would appreciate.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
I think that conservatives would crap their pants at the idea of a masturbation class, but I think everyone else might come to appreciate it. Why don't you run that by the local school board? :bingo:
I was thinking more along the lines of a single issue political party to try to have it implemented nation wide and hopefully have the idea go viral worldwide.

An interesting thing that was brought up here, in the comments, was that it's found (more successfully, at least) when a woman is aroused. Is that the same for the male g-spot?
I'm sure a proctologist will be perfectly capable of locating it easily and that is the only situation which is lacking in arousal I can think of, apart from surprise sex.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
I don't think men have a "G-spot" in the same sense that it's bandied about that women have one. I've never heard any reports from men who receive anal sex that they felt symptoms similar to those of women who report intense G-spot stimulation. Not all men enjoy prostatic stimulation and/or anal penetration, but even those who do enjoy both don't report that these actions render them immobile, trembling uncontrollably, juices squirting everywhere, and feeling like they're about to lose their mind because the pleasure is so intense.

That, or I haven't been around enough men who enjoy receiving anal sex to know.

I get the impression that prostatic stimulation vs. glans stimulation is for men what areolar stimulation vs. clitoral stimulation is for women. Some women claim that the areolae aren't erogenous at all. Others say they're erogenous but not that much. Others say they can't orgasm unless their nipples are being manipulated somehow. But I don't think that (as a general rule) any woman would argue for the areolae being "a woman's G-spot." Even those women for whom breast fondling is an intensely pleasurable experience I don't think would say such a thing. It's understood that by "G-spot" we mean "somewhere on the vagina which produces a super-orgasm and/or is more likely to produce regular orgasm than other tissue." So to find a male equivalent, you'd have to look to the penis and ask yourself, "Do different parts of the penis feel better or more intensely good when stimulated?" And the answer to that question's been known for over ten thousand years. (YES! The glans is way more sensitive than the shaft.)

henri

Jun 5, 2008
H spot

According to a recent study by the Institute of Sexual Symmetry at Harvard University "while there is some question as to the existence of the "G Spot," based on a survey of over 20,000 women under carefully controlled conditions, there is no question that an "H Spot" exists.

Apparently based on some researcher done by The Kings College London team, researchers have concluded the g-spot in women may in fact be a myth.
Here's a link to the article on the BBC website

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8439000.stm

I'm interested to hear what people here think of this, I'm especially interested in any female opinions.:casual:

subiedubidoo

Kenpachi
Mar 2, 2007
i always did think that there was a certain spot in women where the nerve fibers were very sensitive and that was well considered the G-spot...kinda like umm a area that swells up inside the vagina when arousal takes place and when stimulated gives extreme pleasure due presence of many nerve endings there....it might seem like its not real because its only present when the woman gets aroused...unlike other parts of her anatomy....

interesting who knows they might be faking it all along so us guys just finish and get the fuck off them hahaha jk =P

gyoza ramen & a beer

Feb 20, 2009
Two thoughts; first,

The original study even says that 56% of women said they had a G-spot.

"...and the other 44% were married."

and, second,

it's reassuring to read of all the attention researchers are devoting to this 'cos, as we all know, "if you ain't thinkin' about pussy you're not concentrating." - Sam Snead