Subtitle Questions

Not2srius

Jul 5, 2022
I know that subtitles can be hard-encoded as part of the movie. Is it possible to separate the subtitles from the movie so that they can be edited?

Also, is it possible to embed (hard code as above) into a movie so I don't have to remember to open the .srt file?

I use Subtitle Edit for .srt files. It's a pain but I've improved on of my favorite films, URE-019.

Last edited:

darksider59

Akiba Citizen
Feb 24, 2014
For the embed part, with a mkv container, you can do that.

Haidon

Long-Time Lurker
May 23, 2014
I know that subtitles can be hard-encoded as part of the movie. Is it possible to separate the subtitles from the movie so that they can be edited?

Also, is it possible to embed (hard code as above) into a movie so I don't have to remember to open the .srt file?

I use Subtitle Edit for .srt files. It's a pain but I've improved on of my favorite films, URE-019.
If you use VLC to play your videos, and name the SRT file EXACTLY the same as the video file it's matched to, and place it in the same folder, VLC will open the SRT automagically.

Reactions: Not2srius

Pein1911

Sep 20, 2019
Yes It has some software can extract hard encoded sub (ORC method), Subtitle Edit can do it as I remmember.

You can use Potplayer to play, it has a feature auto load subtitle file from a certain folder

Attachments

• Screenshot_2.png
    Screenshot_2.png
    46.5 KB · Views: 43