Stop using GalleryNova

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

AlfaAlfa

Jun 24, 2014
As the title says, that hosting service kind of sucks.
When you click to open the link it's nothing more than an enlarged thumbnail so it kind of defeats the purpose of giving you an insight on the content of the video before downloading it.
In most cases you can't even recognize the face of the actress who's starring in it!

Reactions: Ceewan

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
why dont you report it

cannot do anything about it until we see it

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
you did, and I looked, at the moment I did not find a problem, so I have asked others to look as well

AlfaAlfa

Jun 24, 2014
Okay this is my point of view:
Before deciding if I will download a torrent video or not, I check the preview image, I try to recognize the actress in it, and what's exactly happening in the video.
I never had any issue with almost any image storage service so far. But with GalleryNova I costantly can't understand what the heck is going on. It's too tiny, it's too low res.
You can't distinguish faces, you can't understand what is happening.
Being low res, it gives almost the same infos as a thumbnail, so opening it doesn't add any value.

I think that like me also others are having this same kind of trouble.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
the problem is not GalleryNova, it is the original poster, and when we wrote the rule for screenshots, we never added minimum sizes, it was not an issue at the time,

AlfaAlfa

Jun 24, 2014
Do you think it would be possible to introduce such a rule?
I think it would be useful not only in that section, but all around the forum.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
we will look into it

Reactions: AlfaAlfa