Size of your collection

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
5 seconds, because the answer is negative, so no playing Cinderella and sorting HDDs and DVDs. ;)
HA! That's a good one. :D

Sounds like you have a mighty collection. That's great!

jwlim80

Jun 23, 2017
869-q8SaIlJgQAlMYCvU.jpeg

jwlim80

Jun 23, 2017
I probably wouldn't mind paying for DVDs and Blurays if they were readily available here and I had a place to hide them. DRMed digital files? Nah.

Living in or thinking of visiting Taiwan ? There is at least one place in Taipei that outright sells legit copies at a very competitive pricing, not surprising because the physical releases are pressed in Taiwan :-

https://www.rakuten.com.tw/shop/dongmeng/
https://twitter.com/dongmengtaipei

Endorsement by S1 :-
https://twitter.com/S1_No1_Style/status/893441481628729345

Ausmunin

Jun 21, 2017
Can I add what do you prefer dvds, bluray or digital?

I used to like dvds but now everything I have is digital.

This includes mainstream movies.

vincent_z

Low Angler
Nov 27, 2007
It is tough for me to calculate the weight on all the movies I have downloaded. I would prefer to state how many movies I have.
But most of my library is on physical media. I have VHS', VCDs, and DVDs. No Blu-Rays. I do not see myself purchasing a Blu-Ray player. As for JAVs, practically all of it is on physical media. I ordered some from a now-defunct purveyor in central California (and it was responsible for all the VCDs).
Began going to Japan in 2005. On the day I shopped Akiba, I rode the Hibiya Line and exited on the avenue underneath the expressway a couple of blocks east of Chuo Dori. Walked north so many feet and saw a sandwich board on the ground reading "VHS, DVD, Mook". Went into that shop and...
It was a shop selling uncensored videos, and urabon photobooks! I nearly guffawed out loud because I recognized some of the photobooks from the urabon sites I had found on the World-Wide Web. I wasn't going to buy any of those. The uncensored videos were too expensive for my budget, but I looked through the catalog and scribed the names of the producers of those videos. They were all in the U.S.A. So I didn't need to re-import those back to the U.S.A. I could investigate where the producers sold their offerings here.
Did wind up buying a few JAVs on that trip. But it started blooming in future years. You can see a lot of the AVs I have bought in this thread.
As for the trailers of JAVs, EIC-AV has a lot of trailers. You can tick a box on the main page to display only those JAVs which have a trailer posted.
I will buy pretty much anything if it is cheap enough. If I encounter another shop clearing out JAVs for ¥100, I'll probably empty it out. Hopefully, I won't buy too many duplicates of what I already have.
Recently, I've found shops selling bare DVDs at very low prices. Trader #3 in Akiba had packs of AVs, which turned out to have 15 in them (but you see only two of the discs) for ¥1,852. Then, it is a matter of identifying them. Some JAV studios use a different number for (ex)rental releases than the sale release. I have used EIC-AV for a few of them, but most of my digging is at JAV Library.

paparoach408

Akiba Citizen
Jun 14, 2012
8TB spread between 3 harddrives, and 3 computers, it was 20TB but a massive harddrive failure destroyed most of them, so I spread them around as I slowly slowly rebuild

lpcs1

Suffers from semenly incurable Narutophilia
Dec 7, 2012
4TB of jap stuff , 3.5TB of which is either Gokkun JAV or junior idols , the rest being uncensored fella-centered JAV and various Ebisu Muscats content

I used to have a lot more when i wasn't focused on gokkun and Jr though

lpcs1

Suffers from semenly incurable Narutophilia
Dec 7, 2012
8TB spread between 3 harddrives, and 3 computers, it was 20TB but a massive harddrive failure destroyed most of them, so I spread them around as I slowly slowly rebuild

How old was your drive when it failed ? I bought my drives about 3 years ago and I don't know how much longer I should trust them.... already seeing some corrupted files here and there

princeali692

Jav is love... Jav is life...
Jun 29, 2012
I have roughly 3.5 TB of jav on two 4TB external hard drives (one is backup). I have however been mostly purchasing JAV through legitimate means whenever I can so I have not touched those hard drives in a long time since most of them are low quality rips. I have been too spoiled by good/high definition to hoard like I used to. I will however pirate certain studios that are not easily available on r18/DMM. Getting it through them even though it is DRMed is just way easier for me and it works for me.

For those who have it all on external hard drives and you don't have those backed up I STRONGLY recommend that you do. You should always have a second backup because if you dont and one of your drives fail you lose years of effort. Hard drives are very mechanical things that can break if you are not careful or use them too much. Always get at least twice the amount that you need for backup.

silent1one

Dec 10, 2016
I have roughly 3.5 TB of jav on two 4TB external hard drives (one is backup). I have however been mostly purchasing JAV through legitimate means whenever I can so I have not touched those hard drives in a long time since most of them are low quality rips. I have been too spoiled by good/high definition to hoard like I used to. I will however pirate certain studios that are not easily available on r18/DMM. Getting it through them even though it is DRMed is just way easier for me and it works for me.

For those who have it all on external hard drives and you don't have those backed up I STRONGLY recommend that you do. You should always have a second backup because if you dont and one of your drives fail you lose years of effort. Hard drives are very mechanical things that can break if you are not careful or use them too much. Always get at least twice the amount that you need for backup.
Av streaming are pretty stable, so just preview which are good enough to download to save space. It depends on if you care about video qualities or not. SSD are still pricey. I think some people likes to download anything remotely related to their av idol like pb, games, music, v-cinema, net movies, events, etc. Also, I guess people can buy some to support the industry.

guest_999

Apr 12, 2014

If you have good net connection & 4 friends willing to contribute/share then you can buy 5 users/$50 per month GSuite business unlimited account & use that as your online backup source.Just don't share anything over there & upload them after zipping them with a password.

LoliKing25

Jan 9, 2017
If you have good net connection & 4 friends willing to contribute/share then you can buy 5 users/$50 per month GSuite business unlimited account & use that as your online backup source.Just don't share anything over there & upload them after zipping them with a password.
Not a fan of cloud storage. Requires a connection. Just dl and watch/read/listen to offline!

bijikont

Dec 31, 2017
lmao seeing all of you guys' collection makes me feel like a baby. Mine barely touches 100gb.

Well to be fair, I mostly collect clips though, not full movies. I'm more of straight to the action guy lmao

Reactions: Casshern2

radaogapgap

May 27, 2014
Approx 400GB.
I am running out of memory though, need to create a onedrive to set aside them all :D