site down for 3 days, or bad luck ? :)

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
hi, was the site / server down for the last 3 days, or was just my usual luck ?

asking cause all the last 3 days, trying in different hours, to open main page for log in, i got all the times just a blank page and timeout errors ..... thoughd or the server was down, or with my usual luck i tried all the times in full-overload moments, lol .....

redrooster

赤いオンドリ - 私はオタクです!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sep 25, 2007
we had 4 reboots due to database errors during the last 9 days, 12-30-2008 and 01-02-2009 were recognized at once and server rebootet immediately, yesterday we may have been down for about an hour or so, as well as about 2 hours ago for about the same time period or a shorter delay.

As we have changed strategy a bit the long break down times we still had some weeks ago, as for ex at Christmas, should have been gone, I hope for ever...

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
As we have changed strategy a bit the long break down times we still had some weeks ago, as for ex at Christmas, should have been gone, I hope for ever...

I wish you would not say gone for ever, you know what happens

Mine went down for a day, but still I hope all is well now, and thank you for doing the best you can

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Didn't check every hour, but seemed like it was down pretty much every last time I've checked the last 4 or 5 days, except now (4:30 a.m., t.t)

RahXephon

S.O.U.L. Project Owner
Sep 27, 2008
it was not matter of db error messages or "500 internal server error"

it was just that, each time i have checked in these 3 days (approximatively 5 or 6 times each day, basically at the same hours) instead the forum page i got only a blank window ..... i mean, no errors at all, FF3 say me page opening completed in the low left corner, as when the page load correctly, and the address bar shows the complete address of the post, but the page is completely white and empty .....

this occasionally happens for me also surfing normally the forum when it work, or loading attachments (in the "manage attachment" popup), but usually it happens, may say, one or two times each session, randomly, maybe when the forum is really slow for overload ..... these days instead i got it all the times, so i thoughd the server was down

but if you say that it was not down, probably the more correct explanation is that for some reason, all the times i have tried, the server was so overloaded that i was never able to hook the connection with it ..... no problems, it's not your guilty if the only hours i have for try to connect are the most used from other users, LOL .....

and saying it clearly, i'm glad that the problem is only at my side and / or just overloads ..... this mean that regardless if i can connect or not, AO is still there ..... and this make me feel happy :D