Rep Bar...

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
Well its those green bar at the right side of your post...

My question here is why does my bar always stuck at 4? Previously i got 6... When more people thank me its still stuck at 4... How do i increase it?

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
People have different rep power.
Senior members with loads of positive rep and posts have much more rep power than a newer member with less rep and posts.
Mods and admins also have considerably higher rep power.

You just got neg rep from people with a lot of rep power.

You increase it by getting + rep, obviously.
You get +rep for posts people like.
It's pretty self-explanatory.

A red bar means your reputation has turned negative.
Which happens when people hate you.

Also: Moved.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Someone neg repped you.
I just told you.

Aqua2213

Jul 23, 2008
What button do you hit to "Neg rep" someone? I know how to Give positive rep by hitting the justice scale.

Rhinosaur

Outside Context Problem
Sep 23, 2007
If you think you are gonna lose sleep over it, I can hook you up with some sedatives!

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
What button do you hit to "Neg rep" someone? I know how to Give positive rep by hitting the justice scale.
OMG... How do you Neg Rep someone?

On the top right of the posts there is a symbol between the report button and the post number which allows you to rate a post. It will open a window in which you can decide whether you want to approve or disapprove. Obviously, disapproval will lower the reputation of that user.

I'm somehow confused why you care so much about the color of your reputation bar, but if you really want it to turn red simply open many stupid threads or make stupid posts and I'm sure the community will be willing to help you ;)

gradeAbra

Apr 27, 2008
Hey, i think when i started making this topic, more and more people try to neg rep me... from 6 bar to 3 bar now... I did not do anything... haha... well maybe i am red by tonite..

chompy

slacker
Staff member
Super Moderator
Emperor
Nov 7, 2006
Thanks. Just curious what did you do to max up my rep in a single post?
Clicked the scales.

The more rep you have, the more you can give.

Sakunyuusha

Jan 27, 2008
If you really care that much about reputation, go to HongFire instead. They luuuuv rep wars. :goodmood:

How to give positive reputation on Akiba-Online:
1. You click on the "Thanks!" button on somebody's post.
2. You click on the scale on somebody's post, fill in the radio button which says "I approve" (default), add a comment if you like, and submit.

How to give negative reputation on Akiba-Online:
1. You click on the scale on somebody's post, fill in the radio button which says "I disapprove," add a comment if you like, and submit.

How to get on people's nerves about reputation on Akiba-Online
1. Make a big deal about rep.
2. Go around negative repping somebody every chance you get just because you have a personal vendetta against him/her.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
If you want to earn rep pts then do something that people will thank you for such as posting torrents, direct downloads, etc. Contributing is the easiest way to get rep pts.