Recommend a fps!

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I'm already looking forward to spring break while my final exams loom over my head like a fierce thunderstorm in the middle of Nebraska.

I'm terribly out of date when it comes to games, Starcraft being the only game I play once in a while. So I'm looking for a fps to play over my spring break, any recommendations?

My specs are: Pentium D 805 Smithfield 2.66GHz, 2 gb pc2-6400 ddr2, geforce 7600 gt.

I looked up F.E.A.R. and Quake 4 as possible choices but I know there's more choices...

:happy:

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
Try Chronicles of Riddick.
One of the few fps games I actually liked.
Actually, it might be the only one so far..

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Cool, I'll try it out. Just for shits n giggles I'm grabbing F.E.A.R., Quake 4 and Prey as well. Hm, now I'll have to consider shelling out for a sli ready mobo, and another 7600gt :eek:mg:

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
Ah yes, I did encounter that game in my search for fps's to play. I'll give that a go too, thanks XD

Leechasd

Eye of The Beholder
Nov 16, 2006
If Starcraft was the only game you had touched I guess I could recommend Far Cry, Battlefield 2/2142, Halo, Doom 3, Call of Duty 2, Deus Ex, Jedi Knight Academy, Rainbow Six Lockdown/Vegas, Republic Commando, Swat 4, Brothers in Arms as well =3

kbryc08

Master Cheef
Super Moderator
Nov 17, 2006
I lied, I've played Halo on the xbox =p. Looks like I'll have plenty of games to occupy my time~~

Igrat

hypocrite critic
Dec 9, 2006
oooo, watch out for Bioshock. It's coming out in the summer I think. :chant: I saw the preview, it can beat Half Life 2 any day.

Senshi

noobcube
Feb 11, 2007
You cannot, I repeat, cannot go wrong with Half-Life 2. It is quite simply the best FPS in existence, and I hear the expansions are pretty sweet, too. The multiplay is fantastic.

Sasukeden

Nin Nin ! ! !
Mar 3, 2007
Im certainly looking forward for this FPS MMO Huxley... It seems to be an ok FPS

kenyoo

build to destroy...
Feb 23, 2007
fps are a very rare choise for me. so everything I could recommen has already been spoken of. I think you should try Splinter Cell Duoble Agent, I haven't but still :goodmood: