Question about VPN Services

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

drc

Dec 17, 2006
I've noticed lots of new uploaded.to links and I was wondering if there was a way to access them from places where uploaded.to is being blocked;. I heard about VPN services, but it seems kind of difficult choosing one, so I was hoping for some suggestions on VPN Services that actually work or work best.

LawRayLiet

LowRayLight
Aug 4, 2011
VPNs are usually used for just as they are named, a Virtual Private Network.
Most who use them require a secure, private and often encrypted or log-less connection.
But the problem is, most VPNs limit your traffic or charge a fee to use their services.

If all you want is to avoid a DNS block that's been placed by your ISP, then I recommend changing your DNS to a public DNS such as "Google Public DNS".

There are numerous benefits to using a public DNS other than avoiding blocks by your ISP such as, improved security, speed and overall performance to name a few.