problem uploading torrent files

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
So for some reason the last two torrent files I uploaded triplicated themselves. So instead of one torrent file attached I have three. Happenned to me twice today. What is up with that? Anyone else having similar issues?

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
theoretically shouldn't happen o.o

if this happens again, please don't delete the 2nd and 3rd torren and provide me with the link.
i will check this then.

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
for me it looks like there is a problem with tor.
like changing tor-endnodes within uploading. Then you can be moved to another frondend-server which then will see this as a new transaction and redo the upload.

atm i don't think there is much i can do about this, since the tor-nodes won't listen to me, if i want to prevent this : D
and injecting the actual server into a cooky is s.th. i would like to prevent, if possible.

i'm going to check if i can find a solution for this :/

Reactions: Ceewan

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
well, it takes seconds to upload a torrent, I uploaded much larger images in the same threads and had no problem. Then again, I haven't had the problem again. Usually double posts (like I had earlier in this thread) are due to a timeout of some sort, which could be Tor switching nodes just like you said.

Can we at least get back the option to delete our own posts or do we just have to report them when this happens. Hard to see how having the ability to delete your own post would cause the staff problems.

C00Lzero

Administrator
Conqueror
Aug 14, 2010
someone abused the deletion of the posts some times when i joined the staff.
so ck and the team decided to disable post- and thread-deletion for registered users.

So you have to ask him to reenable this.
or do s.th. like introducing a new user-group for users that have more than x posts, y month registered to be able to remove their own posts.

As for normal people i don't think they should be able to delete their own posts. this could wreck all discussions etc.
For special-users i don't have a problem, as long as they know when to delete a post : )

Ceewan

Famished
Jul 23, 2008
I will put that in the suggestion box and hope for a Medaka-Box type of response.