Please post all forum bugs here

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
hi,

there are some problems with jap. kanji, in some cases i can't see them:

yes,

and if you just scroll up/down the page you will notice, that I have made 3 remarks about it, and other mods have to,

it seems it is a vb thing, no idea how it got like it, we are changing them very slowly,

if you come across them you can add the correct kanji's, in the thread/post and when we find them we can change them, but please do not report them, there are only a few mods, and 1000,s of posts (if not 10,000,s), for the most part it is the thread titles which will changing

Last edited by a moderator:

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Sames goes, of course, for the galleries and discussions of the group. Please, don't forget them. :beg2::bigeyes:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Sames goes, of course, for the galleries and discussions of the group. Please, don't forget them. :beg2::bigeyes:

I didnt, it is right across the board

Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I don't want to put any pressure on anyone. But 1.5 weeks passed since the last post.
Is the problem complicated to solve or did you simply haven't enough time (as everyone has also a private life to manage) for it?
Would be nice to get some update. :bigeyes:

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I don't want to put any pressure on anyone. But 1.5 weeks passed since the last post.
Is the problem complicated to solve or did you simply haven't enough time (as everyone has also a private life to manage) for it?
Would be nice to get some update. :bigeyes:

Chompy is the only that can sort it, I guess he is busy trying to fix so many bugs

Reactions: 1 person

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
Chompy is the only that can sort it, I guess he is busy trying to fix so many bugs

Thanks for the information.

Shouldn't these bugs fixed by vBulletin? :huh: But maybe this here is the problem:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VBulletin#Release said:
vBulletin's main character encoding is ISO-8859-1, not UTF-8. If a customer wants to use vBulletin with language not supported by ISO-8859-1 they must make their own changes to the code.
Sounds like some kind of bullshit to me. How can someone develop something today which supports only a local encoding, but not a world wide encoding (like Unicode, UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32, etc.)? After reading this my respect for Chompy is a big as ever before. :bigthumbs: I'm a developer and I know how complicated it is to analyse code of other people.
But maybe choosing / using a forum software which comes with UTF-8 built-in support would have prevent a lot of headaches...

Reactions: 2 people

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
Thanks for the information.

Shouldn't these bugs fixed by vBulletin? :huh: But maybe this here is the problem:

Sounds like some kind of bullshit to me. How can someone develop something today which supports only a local encoding, but not a world wide encoding (like Unicode, UTF-8, UTF-16, UTF-32, etc.)? After reading this my respect for Chompy is a big as ever before. :bigthumbs: I'm a developer and I know how complicated it is to analyse code of other people.
But maybe choosing / using a forum software which comes with UTF-8 built-in support would have prevent a lot of headaches...

yes vbulletin is the problem, how they can produce (as you said) a worldwide product, and not help it customers is beyond belief, it is like they stuck there 2 fingers up at everybody who upgrades

zoolanimal

jav fisting connoisseur
Apr 29, 2009
Bug Questions:

not sure my Qs below are bugs as such or something different with the new forum code.

i posted something a few minutes ago and noticed that in threads with multiple replys there are no subject title to each new reply - in my zool thread in the old forum software i had a subject titles to each reply. in the new code that is gone - is this something that can be added on? or is this something we just have to live with? it certainly reduces the amount of text in the forum. but my posts tend to be texty.

so to clarify and emphasize my question(s):

1. is is possible to have subject titles for each reply to a post in the new forum code?

2. is it possible under the new forum code to have tags that attach to each reply?

3. in posts under the other forum code the japanese script has been reduced to gobble-d-gook - is it going to be possible to restore the japanese script? in my case i create a post first in notepad saving the post in UTF-8 to cut and paste into the forum.

Last edited:

Silver Star

Jun 20, 2014
Hi, I'm a member of the forum but now my original account (tenchi20) asked to confirm my e-mail but unfortunately the Resend Confirmation Email does not work, I do not know why, but I do not receive the email, can check this please?, thx.

PD: Sorry for the double account but i can´t send PM and write anything in my original account.

Please i need help to confirm my original account (tenchi20)

Last edited:

garbro77

Oct 15, 2010
Can you please add NZB files back into the allowed file types for attachment uploads? I brought this up in another thread, but I thought I would add it here also, since my Usenet thread is most of the posting I do here. I'm not nagging, I just didn't want the request to get lost in what must be tons of work getting the new forum script straightened out.
No rush, and nice work; so far, so good...

Edited to add: I noticed that zip archives are allowed as attachments, so I just zipped my NZB's, & the workaround works! I'm a happy poster again, thanks to the return of the forum.

Last edited:

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
Didn't check all pages since my last post so it might be already asked: Under my avatar it still says " Rin" from my old avatar back then and I can't find a setting to remove or change that custom title or whatever it is.

And please set a fixed width. I made a screenshot so you can see how stretched it is, click the link: Streeeeeeeeetched

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
It is interesting that a few people complain about the width. I have a 24" display. And I always get upset when I log in on FB. They have a fixed width and thanks to that it uses only half of my screen.
I suggest to make it configurable though the personal preferences page.

Reactions: bpx

bpx

Sep 19, 2009
It is interesting that a few people complain about the width. I have a 24" display. And I always get upset when I log in on FB. They have a fixed width and thanks to that it uses only half of my screen.
I suggest to make it configurable though the personal preferences page.
Yes make it custom (if possible) would be great. I know what you mean from when I was still on Facebook, but personally I prefer to have the site centered and not stretched. It makes it easier to navigate and format the thread layout as for everyone it will look the same.

That said, I could probably still live with it the way it is if for some reason you don't find a possibility to add that feature. Making it possible to remove that custom title or at least edit it again is a much higher priority.

Last edited:

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Didn't check all pages since my last post so it might be already asked: Under my avatar it still says " Rin" from my old avatar back then and I can't find a setting to remove or change that custom title or whatever it is.

Personal Details
Screenshot from 2014-06-20 08:40:31.png

IdolFun

★ ☆ I Am God ☆★
Super Moderator
Oct 16, 2007
Hi, I'm a member of the forum but now my original account (tenchi20) asked to confirm my e-mail but unfortunately the Resend Confirmation Email does not work, I do not know why, but I do not receive the email, can check this please?, thx.

PD: Sorry for the double account but i can´t send PM and write anything in my original account.

Please i need help to confirm my original account (tenchi20)

Does your other account work now, it shows you logged in today

ipugx

Jun 21, 2014
my main account: ExoiPugx . has the same problem I don't receive the email confirmation can the admin please manually unlock it TIA.