Please help backup Sudden Strike II

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Summer-Time-Fun

Apr 1, 2007
I have a German game called Sudden Strike II I'd like to make a backup in case my CD gets trashed. We got water in our crawls space last year so the CD box already got ruined but the CD is ok. This is a legal game I bought. The game was developed by (Fireglow) and has been discontinued for over 8 years now and I only have one CD. I've tried using Alcohol 120, DaemonTools light, GameXcopy, ImgBurn, but the game still asks for the CD. Some of the old help topics I've run across on the net mention that it uses some kind of strange tagging system for protection but no solutions mentioned. I'm tired of having to put the CD in every time I want o play it and the NoCD-file I have does not work. I've never had this issue with the previous game by Fireglow titled: SuddenStrike Forever. With Sudden Strike II being so old, it's difficult finding information about how to get this to work.

Is there a free program, or something I can buy that will work for sure so I can backup the game as an ISO, or another image file? The issue I'm having is, Alcohol 120 keeps reporting bad sectors from 800 to over 1555 range but I know the CD is fine because it installs fine.