Picking up girls through chat and email then meeting in real life?

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I hope he dies of uterine cancer.

Yea... I went there.

D.Smaxy

Oct 1, 2009
Picking up girls through chat and email then meeting in real life

At the end of the day I go home and switch the Internet off.

Thats how real it is for me

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
Dude, don't just switch the internet off, what if I'm using it at the time.

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
That made me laugh out loud. Thanks Scarlet :)

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
Damn near did the same with my "Tea Sparkling". Why the hell do they mix these flavors into a carbonated drink... my god. Blue berry, casis, strawberry... it's like a fruity punch to the face and then a reach-around after a dry-fuck.

bettermann

Dec 15, 2008
Well, from what I've learned is you just have to make a good first impression, then they will stick with you for a looooong time. If you mess up the first impression you might as well forget it.

So even if you are shy they will tolerate it, but you have to be outgoing just for the first impression. I've dated a few Japanese girls and here are some tips.

Never pick them up from the street, always has to be in a stationary place like a coffee shop or bookstore etc. They get scared by people approaching them in the street for some reason.

Use big gestures like an italian guy. Japanese girls never usually initiate eye contact like american girls so you have to wave hey to signal that you want to talk with them. Make sure you are smiling when you say hi. I know its tough for shy guys to get a genuine smile, so think of a family guy or youtube clip that you thought was funny before hand.

Now the hard part, keeping their interest for a couple of minutes. Comment on whatever they were looking at (menu? "Oh you should try the coffee here, its sugoi!" or Thats a good magazine! Even if you don't read it)

The most IMPORTANT part is having a business card or something to give them if you get too nervous and want to leave. Just exit with "Well, it was nice talking to you! I'm a (Proffesion here) so you know if you ever need a (profession here) heres my card!" Smile and duck out.

If they liked you they will call. And let me tell you, once you get that call they are in the bag. Even the shyest guy on the planet can get laid if he has courage for 5 minutes.

guy

(;Θ_Θ)ゝ”
Feb 11, 2007
from what I've learned is you just have to make a good first impression
No way, I always thought you had to make a bad first impression. Who knew the answer was so obvious as this? Oh wait, that's because it is obvious.

[Japanese girls] get scared by people approaching them in the street
I think I saw that Discovery Channel special. The same thing happens with rats and stray animals.

Use big gestures like an italian guy.
Yes. Big Italian gestures like "Fuck off" are especially popular with all the ladies. Unfortunately, if you can't act like an Italian guy, you might as well go ahead and kill yourself because no Japanese girl will ever give you a chance.

[keep] their interest for a couple of minutes
Other ideas are to bring a tennis ball and tell them to "go fetch!", toss them a ball of yarn, or just jingle your keys in front of them.

Seriously though, that's like the idiot's guide to how to pretend to not be a loser. Worse, it makes it seem like Japanese girls are some other sort of lesser-intelligent animal that will do what you want it to, as long as you know how to scratch its back. In reality, Japanese girls aren't all that different (or any less varied, because they don't all have the same personality) than girls from other modern country. Yes they play by different socializing protocols, but that doesn't mean that they can't sniff out a loser from a mile away. And if you're a loser anywhere else, you're almost certainly a loser in Japan too.

One other thing about guys who are only interested in Japanese (or asian) girls: it's not just about being "uncool" because of being obsessed about another culture. It's because they are human beings just like anyone else, and yet you fetishize and objectify them. As if you had to choose between a smart, funny, and loving girlfriend or a Japanese girlfriend -- and you chose the latter because deep down you don't really care about her as a human being, just as long as she is Japanese.
"Hey, I got a new dog! It's a spaniel."
"Hey, I got a new rug! It's 100% egyptian wool."
"Hey, I got a new computer! It's a Mac."
"Hey, I got a new car! It's an Audi."
"Hey, I got a new girlfriend! Japanese Japanese."

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
I don't think I have said it yet... but... owned.

bettermann

Dec 15, 2008
No way, I always thought you had to make a bad first impression. Who knew the answer was so obvious as this? Oh wait, that's because it is obvious.

I think I saw that Discovery Channel special. The same thing happens with rats and stray animals.

Yes. Big Italian gestures like "Fuck off" are especially popular with all the ladies. Unfortunately, if you can't act like an Italian guy, you might as well go ahead and kill yourself because no Japanese girl will ever give you a chance.

Other ideas are to bring a tennis ball and tell them to "go fetch!", toss them a ball of yarn, or just jingle your keys in front of them.

Seriously though, that's like the idiot's guide to how to pretend to not be a loser. Worse, it makes it seem like Japanese girls are some other sort of lesser-intelligent animal that will do what you want it to, as long as you know how to scratch its back. In reality, Japanese girls aren't all that different (or any less varied, because they don't all have the same personality) than girls from other modern country. Yes they play by different socializing protocols, but that doesn't mean that they can't sniff out a loser from a mile away. And if you're a loser anywhere else, you're almost certainly a loser in Japan too.

One other thing about guys who are only interested in Japanese (or asian) girls: it's not just about being "uncool" because of being obsessed about another culture. It's because they are human beings just like anyone else, and yet you fetishize and objectify them. As if you had to choose between a smart, funny, and loving girlfriend or a Japanese girlfriend -- and you chose the latter because deep down you don't really care about her as a human being, just as long as she is Japanese.

Hey, u can think want u I'm just giving advice from my experience. It may seem obvious, but many online people I've met aren't really socially adjusted and wouldn't even think these things. I had trouble for the longest time with this too. I never said I was the awesome everyman, and congratulations if you are. I'm just a random geek into Japanese stuff. I count the girlfriends I had in my life as nice luck than coincides with some of the advice I've given.

I haven't just dated Japanese girls but it seems odd to say there is not a difference between them and american girls. Its odd to criticize me for liking them on this forum of all places no?

Onichan81

Master of Space and Time
Dec 6, 2009

Completely agree, I´ve seen this in Spain and some of my friends who had travelled to JP said it to me: it´s easy to go with the Japanese women to bed, you must be an ork to fail!!

And it struggles me, because I think that, despite the cultural differences, they are women as ours here in Spain... With feelings and a heart too

bettermann

Dec 15, 2008
Completely agree, I´ve seen this in Spain and some of my friends who had travelled to JP said it to me: it´s easy to go with the Japanese women to bed, you must be an ork to fail!!

And it struggles me, because I think that, despite the cultural differences, they are women as ours here in Spain... With feelings and a heart too

Well, it is double edged no? It is quite crazy to think that Japanese women wouldn't think the same way and would just like to just get laid. No one is taking advantage of each other if both want to hang out with each other no? You guys make me sound like I tricked these women or something. Its not like I had sex with them and dumped them the next day.

Onichan81

Master of Space and Time
Dec 6, 2009
Well, I wasn´t saying so, but here in Spain most of men who go to JP and return speak in that manner, that they dump the girl the next day or even when they move in their trip to other place, they find another girl...

Oct 6, 2007
#1. If you tell a Japanese girl coffee is "sugoi" she will immediately think you are a loser who is obsessed with Japanese culture (aka otaku) and be turned off

#2. Japanese girls get a bad rep in Vancouver, but it's the same with anyone visiting a foreign country. If you are in a foreign country you know that it's very hard to maintain a relationship so almost everything will be short term. It doesn't necessarily mean you're a slut. Because Japanese girls are a major "in" thing they get the most attention. If any other nationality was sought after as much as Japanese girls are they'd be protrayed as sluts as well.

#3. I seriously can't stand guys who go for Japanese girls for the sole reason they are Japanese, get a fuckin' life and open your eyes. You have some weird fuckin' disease.

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
And I don't give a damn about my reputation
I've never been afraid of any deviation
And I don't really care if I'm strange
I ain't gonna change

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
And IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII will always love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!!!!

See? I can quote songs from the 90's too!

scarletsnow

Oct 7, 2007
We've never even met. I think it's kind of creepy that you profess your undying love for me.

Denamic

Swedish Meat
Staff member
Super Moderator
Former Staff
Dec 7, 2006
I think it's hot.
Send pics of your hot night ASAP.
I promise I won't post them on more than perhaps 2 sites.