Pears, apricots and squid on pita bread...a glossary of frequently mistranslated words in JAV titles

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
I have a question about whatever Japanese words are translated as "aunt," "auntie" or "uncle." I assumed based on context that these have two meanings, one being the familial meaning, and another being a colloquial way that young people refer to older people in general? Like in one train molest video where at the beginning the girl is thinking, "it really creeps me out to have all these perverted looking uncles standing so close to me."

This is important for a subtitle clean I'm doing right now which is a shotacon where the neighborhood kid keeps referring to the mature he is screwing as "auntie." Just making sure she's not actually his aunt.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
If I look at the Japanese bit for the chest feces I see ※胸糞. Looks like the first character is censored, which probably throws off the translation software.

As for the uncle/aunt you're right that it often just seems to mean older man/older woman and not actual family members.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
I have a question about whatever Japanese words are translated as "aunt," "auntie" or "uncle." I assumed based on context that these have two meanings, one being the familial meaning, and another being a colloquial way that young people refer to older people in general? Like in one train molest video where at the beginning the girl is thinking, "it really creeps me out to have all these perverted looking uncles standing so close to me."

This is important for a subtitle clean I'm doing right now which is a shotacon where the neighborhood kid keeps referring to the mature he is screwing as "auntie." Just making sure she's not actually his aunt.
It's general in Asian cultures, to refer to a person who's approximately more than 15 years older than oneself as "uncle" or "aunty" and someone who is less than 15 years older as "older brother" or "older sister". The familiar title is both out of respect for the senoirity and to express endearment.

In Japanese culture specifically, calling someone ojisan is often a kind of passive aggressive way to reject someone. Most typically, like when a 35 year old man talk to a woman in 20s, the woman might address him as ojisan to say "I respect you" but really mean "stay away from me, you dirty old man".

In the case of the shotacon, indeed she's not his aunt, but I don't think there is any reasonable way to translate his line other than literally as "auntie". It's ironic and nasty and fetish, if you change the meaning of his words, the scene is diminished.

bitcomet96

Sep 19, 2009
Based on google translate and context, it means to "keep hidden" or "keep from being discovered/found out". So all those things they're doing in the title, they want to keep it a secret. The word バレる means to find out. バレない means to not find out. Not sure why it's written as katakana instead of hiragana.

Last edited:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
As you already guessed lori is actually loli, short for lolita, so the movie is about a young girl. (Though not as young as the actual Lolita from the book who was underage)

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Panchira is showing somebody a glimpse of her panties. Often accidental, though I guess it also counts if they do it on purpose to tempt somebody.

maelstrom9999

Apr 26, 2022
Based on google translate and context, it means to "keep hidden" or "keep from being discovered/found out". So all those things they're doing in the title, they want to keep it a secret. The word バレる means to find out. バレない means to not find out. Not sure why it's written as katakana instead of hiragana.

Thanks. My only issue with this translation is that the word usually appears with something like "so as not to barre." So if it means "keep hidden" then it doesn't make much sense?

bitcomet96

Sep 19, 2009
Thanks. My only issue with this translation is that the word usually appears with something like "so as not to barre." So if it means "keep hidden" then it doesn't make much sense?
Actually it does. Barre by itself mean to find out. "So as not to barre", then it's as not to be found out.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Does anyone know what should the translation of お腹が痛い be?
I have started seeing more of that after the new version of Whisper audio transcriber. Also in titles like this:

お腹痛いフリをしたら助けてくれためちゃ優しい21歳のコスメショップの美人店員さん​

Last edited:

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Google suggests it means "I have a stomach ache". In the title you linked they talk about pretending to have a stomach ache to seduce the woman working in the store.

mei2

Dec 6, 2018
Google suggests it means "I have a stomach ache". In the title you linked they talk about pretending to have a stomach ache to seduce the woman working in the store.

Yeah, this is one of those cases where litteral translation doesn't match with the intended meaning. I wonder what would the equivalent meaning be in English. I probably should extracxt an audio example for the context so peope in this forum with Japanese knwledge could help.

TmpGuy

JavLuv author, lesbian connoisseur
Jun 1, 2013
Two more commonly mistranslated words in titles: "blame" and "shrimp warp". In fact, it's pretty easy to find titles with both.

I suspect "blame" is better translated as "desires" or "pursues", according to alternate translations offered by DeepL. Have no idea what "shrimp warp" is, but sounds like a euphemism of some sort.

Electromog

Akiba Citizen
Dec 7, 2009
Yes, shrimp warp is when the woman arches her back while orgasming.
images.jpg

They use this term because the shape of the woman is somewhat similar to a shrimp in this position which is also curved.

ding73ding

Akiba Citizen
Oct 25, 2009
Not really a case of mistranslated but close enough. I'm stumped...

What is, and how to translate キメセク?

Google translate gives kimeseku, Google gives a lot of TLDR answers but nothing that's suited for a translation. According to

キメセク Kimesex is drug-enhanced sex, I know it's a real thing, but what's a reasonable (catchy) translation for it?