Need help transcribing kanji titles

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
I'm looking for someone to help me get some kanji from JAV titles into an electronic format.

I'm working on an archiving project and one of the things I'm trying to include with each entry is the original (usually in Japanese) title as the Studio intended.

With most releases this is fairly easy, as you can use DMM or the actual official website to copy/paste. But with uncensored releases, especially, official studio sites have less complete info if they exist at all. My "go-to" source for general info on most of these is the AVE site but the titles of their releases tend to be incomplete, inaccurate or non-existent.

I don't need translations; I'm just looking for someone who speaks and/or reads Japanese to look at the covers and type it into some kind of computer format (ie forum post, email, IM, etc) so I can copy/paste. If it was just hiragana /katakana, I could do that myself. But since my proficiency in the language is very limited, inputing kanji is an extremely daunting task.

Any help would be extremely appreciated. Thanks!

-Nick

aquamarine

I Know Better Than You
Mar 19, 2007
How much does it pay? :)
I might be willing to help during my down-time.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
LOL :)

Yeah, I'm not really in a position to pay anything at this point. But I can understand why someone wouldn't be interested in doing it for free. A marketable skill is a marketable skill.

Actually, I'm not talking about much for right now - maybe a half dozen/week.

But, hey, it's a transcriber's market, right? ;p

-Nick

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
Can you just post the pictures here? I can give it a shot.

Cool. I appreciate it! Let me give you an example of what I'm looking for. This is from kira★kira's site ([LINK] for reference):

BLACK GAL BEACH黒ギャル大量潮吹き中出し★FUCK ON THE BEACH

I just copy & pasted what they list as the title. But you can compare that to the actual cover and see where that info comes from if the accompanying text WASN'T there on the web-page.

Anyway, here's links to 6 titles on the AVE site (I've included some comments for clarification):

Link: SMD-39 - I think the text on the spine (aside from Cocoa's name at the bottom) would be the actual title.

Link: CWP-45 - again on the spine, the title is probably what's between Catwalk Poison 45 & Miku's name at the bottom.

Link: SKY-173 - I'd say the title is in the lower left part of the front cover (the stuff that includes the G-cup part).

Link: RHJ-104 - I'm not sure if the title would be JONETSU TAIRIKU or the Japanese text in the the upper left of the cover (or if they same they same thing - LOL)

Link: MW-13 - I think in addition to EGALS 15, the Japanese text in the upper right of the cover is part of the title.

Link: BT-94 - I don't know what is says between エロギャル社長 and Sakura's Name in kanji, so I don't know if it should be considered part of the title or not.

Also, in case it's not obvious, you can click on the magnifying glass icon next to the thumbnail to get a large-size pic of the whole cover.

So, there's something to start with. I hope it isn't too much hassle - I know some the text is pretty small. If you find it's too much work, don't worry about it - I can figure something else out.

Either way, thanks for taking a look. I really do appreciate it.

-Nick

ac0061

Jul 7, 2008
Here's what I got:

SMD-39
元気いっぱいの小悪魔系黒ギャル
生中覚醒!ギャルテンション超MAX!

CWP-45
JKアイドル 犯されまくる超淫乱

SKY-173
グラマラスなカラダとあどけない表情がエロ過ぎる!

RHJ-104
圧倒的エルスを放つ小澤マリアの魅力

MW-13
イマドキの超Sカワ黒ギャルにチンポのムチを叩き込め!

BT-94
社員はみんなワタシの奴隷

JAV have such weird names, so I'm not sure if what I transcribed is actually part of the title or just text that they put on the cover.

Nick_Wells

Jan 3, 2013
Thanks, dude!! You kick ass!!

In fact, you've just solved my problem completely...

JAV have such weird names, so I'm not sure if what I transcribed is actually part of the title or just text that they put on the cover.

I know what you mean. And just out of curiosity I attempted to get an 'auto-translate' on these. Chrome wouldn't do it in the forum post, but it got me thinking. So I copied the J-text & pasted it into Google and voila! Several J-language sites pop up with that content. And sure enough, they have the titles for pretty much all the releases I'm looking for.

Here's a LINK to a pretty comprehensive one in case anyone else is looking for info on these.

Again, I REALLY appreciate your help!! It helped WAY beyond my expectations!

-Nick