Muteki and the case of the missing covers.

M1N0RA

Aug 13, 2012
Several titles by Muteki don't have full covers on their website, nor in DMM, nor anywhere else for that matter.
They are either just the front cover, of the front cover plus the sleeve. The back cover is nowhere to be found.

At least with older titles you could use the rental cover, which has all three elements:

[TEK-024 (Sale)]
tek024pl.jpg

[5TEK-024 (Rental)]
5tek024pl.jpg

But for newer titles, rental covers are no longer available, so you are kinda screwed.

tek088pl.jpg

Am I missing something, and the back cover is available and I'm just too dumb to find it?

broadbandz

Jan 11, 2019
in all my yrs in jav, the most frustrating part is not having a good hi-res source for full covers. Every site I've found has been lacking. Im guessing you will need the physical cover and someone to scan it for you. If you want the physical cover yahoo auctions has them you just need a proxy service that can buy from there for you.

Restarter

Forklædt Som Voksen (Disguised as an Adult)
Feb 24, 2020
I did some searching today and came up with this result for a cover.

TEK-088_cover.jpg

These links give a few more complete covers
http://www.tenkatouitu.net/list.php?l=MUTEKI this gives a few recent ones
http://eroona07.blog.fc2.com/?q=muteki this gives several more(follow the blue links)

I will be adding complete covers to the threads for TEK-074, TEK-088 and TEK-092 since there are still working download links available and I don't want to bump an inactive thread.

Like I said in my very first post yesterday, I just want to contribute in some small way. I like to find large and complete covers. Hope you like this.

Last edited:

M1N0RA

Aug 13, 2012
This is incredibly helpful to me. Thank you for taking the time.

Using your file as a starting point, I found a slightly higher resolution one:

17140270.jpg

Reactions: Restarter

Restarter

Feb 24, 2020
Good catch there M1NORA. Thank you to both M1NORA and Casshern2 for your nice comments. I have quite a few covers, IV and JAV, and am starting to upload them. They can be quite large and I worry about taking up room on the server. The one I just uploaded to AAJJ-04 is 1.36 Mb, while I have one for HTHD-154 that is 8.66 Mb, dimensions 3734 x 2522.

Anyway, I will continue to try and help out. And keep up the good work!

M1N0RA

Aug 13, 2012
Tweaked the cover a bit to fit the format of my collection.
I'll leave it here in case anyone has some use for it:

[2017・03・01]   TEK-088.jpg

Jackdee

Aug 19, 2011
What are some others you are looking for? What is the “ideal” size picture for you? Honestly I am don’t have any, but I do enjoy tinkering around the internet with this kind of challenge.

M1N0RA

Aug 13, 2012
I use the DMM standard DVD cover size (until around 2017-2018 when they made it slightly bigger), which is 800x536.
With the 1x1 black border, the final size for all my covers is 802x538.

Sometimes this requires getting creative to have a decent cover:

SOE-578 (SALE): Fat sleeve and uneven size (800x500). This won't do.
soe578pl.jpg

5SOE-578 (RENTAL): Proper size, but uneven format and annoying "rental" watermarks everywhere. Not quite there yet.
5soe578pl.jpg

Final cover for my collection, with the best from both worlds:
[2011・04・07]   SOE-578.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Restarter

Restarter

Feb 24, 2020
Thank you for the explanation of your collection. I like to have complete covers with full codes so that I can accurately file the video. I can't tell you how often the incorrect code is attributed to a video. That is why it annoys me when only the front part of the cover is presented without a code.

I also learned quite a bit just from what you said. I did not realize that there were covers with a fat sleeve. I guess the only thing to be done for an uneven format is to keep looking. And the black border is very nice as it gives the cover a nice, clean look. Thanks again.