meguIV: The Official Akiba-Online DVD Encoder (v1.0.1.1)

Authorised-BMN

A Big Mai Nut
May 17, 2008
meguIV is safe!

Given the occasional posts about virus alerts and such, I just thought I would share that Norton now includes meguIV in its safe database:

attachment.php

shinta

♡♡♡♡
Dec 15, 2006
I tried to run meguIVit with "vit 60fps C: slower" (all default settings) and got a blank error popup right after the video started encoding. I'm running 64 bit win7 on an i7. I just installed .NET 4.0. Any thoughts as to what is going wrong? I tried to expand the error window to see the full title, but the window could not be resized. :(

The source VOBs are from the new Mayumi DVD that just came in the mail today. I simply copied the files onto my HDD (not the same partition as my OS, if that matters), so I'm not reading from the disc. Not sure if there's anything extra I should be doing.

Authorised-BMN

A Big Mai Nut
May 17, 2008
Regular meguIV?

I tried to run meguIVit with "vit 60fps C: slower" (all default settings) and got a blank error popup right after the video started encoding. I just installed .NET 4.0.

Have you tried meguIV without the IVit modifications? I would be interested in the result, because I also had an error (referencing MSVCR100.dll) with IVit mods under .NET 4.0. I have no problems with straight meguIV, however.

shinta

♡♡♡♡
Dec 15, 2006
Have you tried meguIV without the IVit modifications? I would be interested in the result, because I also had an error (referencing MSVCR100.dll) with IVit mods under .NET 4.0. I have no problems with straight meguIV, however.

It works with normal meguIV. I uninstalled .NET 4.0 and used .NET 3.5, and got the same results. Maybe it's a 64 bit thing?

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I get the same error (twice) even since opening an avs file, before the screen shows up, but then the encoding goes on without any problem.

:dunno:

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
Had you had a chance to look at my speed test yet? I think you can safely switch to NNEDI3 now.

Things are looking bright for the TGMC world. A 64-bit version of NNEDI3 was just released, and 64-bit QTGMC is even faster now!

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Had you had a chance to look at my speed test yet? I think you can safely switch to NNEDI3 now.
Sorry no, very busy with other things atm. Surely will be switching to NNEDI3, but also want to tweak some parameters based on discussions at d9. Need to test extra carefully now the script is used much more widely than here. Maybe this weekend.

astrayred

Mar 19, 2008
Sorry no, very busy with other things atm. Surely will be switching to NNEDI3, but also want to tweak some parameters based on discussions at d9. Need to test extra carefully now the script is used much more widely than here. Maybe this weekend.

No worries. I just wanted to bring your attention to it so that you don't have to go through the trouble of testing yourself. :grassdance:

Kaleb2727

Too Much Too Soon
Jul 11, 2010
I tried to run meguIVit with "vit 60fps C: slower" (all default settings) and got a blank error popup right after the video started encoding. I'm running 64 bit win7 on an i7. I just installed .NET 4.0. Any thoughts as to what is going wrong? I tried to expand the error window to see the full title, but the window could not be resized.

I am having the same issues on the same system -- 64-bit Windows 7 / i7 processor. The original MeguIV runs fine.

Kaleb2727

Too Much Too Soon
Jul 11, 2010
Yes, sorry -- I should have mentioned that. After installing each of the redistributables the application still errors out right when video encoding begins. The only difference is before there was a blank error screen and now the error screen looks like this:
View attachment 350681

Intell Core i7 CPU Q720 @1.60GHz Windows 7 64-bit

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
The problem is probably in one of the newer plugins I put in the sandbox - I need to know which. Have attached three MeguIVit's for test purposes. If someone getting these crashes in 64-bit Win7 could test:
- Delete your Sandbox folder
- Extract test 1 zip file to make a new Sandbox
- Start a One-Click encode. Only need to check if it gets beyond the point where it previously crashed - once it has done a few hundred frames of video encoding that should be enough.
- If it crashes, delete the Sandbox and try test 2, and if that crashes delete Sandbox again and try test 3
- No need to do the later tests once you get success. Report back the first test that worked or if none of them did

Kaleb2727

Too Much Too Soon
Jul 11, 2010
Test 1 Zip file is working great so far -- no problems. Thanks for the quick response. I recently upgraded to a new system -- a 60fps rip is now cruising along at 4 times the speed that a 30fps rips used to take on my old clunker.:cheer:

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
Test 1 Zip file is working great so far -- no problems.
The problem was with SEt's multithreaded version of AviSynth 2.6. That's a shame since it has proved to be the most stable version for long encodes using the latest hi-speed plugins and scripts.

So I have added two Win7 x64 alternates to the main MeguIVit post. Version A relies on the 2.57 MT version of avisynth (same one used in original MeguIV). Version B uses SEt's 2.58 MT build, which might be more stable, or might not work (I would value feedback). Only use these if you are getting crashes that prevent you encoding - they are not an improvement in any other way.

A full 64-bit version of MeguIV is a possibility for me to consider... Other priorities atm though.

Kaleb2727

Too Much Too Soon
Jul 11, 2010
Is version A the same as the "test 1" Zip file I am currently using? I will try version B when my current rip finishes. Thanks again.

Authorised-BMN

A Big Mai Nut
May 17, 2008
Genius -- Pure Genius

MSVCR100.dll and the dialog shown above all point to a problem with the Visual C++ runtime library. MeguIV is written in C# but I guess there's a dependency in one of the new plugins. So try installing these redistributables, not sure which is needed - depends on the compiler that the plugin coder used.

Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable

You nailed it! I had 2005 and 2008, so I just downloaded 2010. Works perfectly!

P.S. My system's 32-bit.

Vitreous

°
Former Staff
Sep 13, 2009
You nailed it! I had 2005 and 2008, so I just downloaded 2010. Works perfectly!
Erk! Not-so-genius. I was blaming this on other people's plugins, but actually I caused the problem myself. I compiled an empty dll to overwrite dlls I wanted to supercede in the sandbox - forgot to link it statically to the C++ runtime libraries - creating this dependency on the VS2010 dlls. Basically that's a coder's facepalm. I'm cursed when it comes to making mistakes with avisynth plugins.

Have posted an updated version 1.4 in the main MeguIVit post. Shouldn't need to use the Visual C++ 2010 redistributable, although it won't hurt.

The 64-bit Win 7 crashes seem to be a different problem as they appear to have been resolved by changing the avisynth dll. Although if someone who had that problem could recheck the latest standard meguIVit version 1.4 just to confirm (that it doesn't work and the alternates are needed). In any case, I think the problems are resolved now...
:exhausted: