Mega-letdown

• Throughout the month of April 2024, participate in the FileJoker Thread Contest OPEN TO EVERYONE!

From 1st to 30th of April 2024, members can earn cash rewards by posting Filejoker-Exclusive threads in the Direct-Downloads subforums.

There are $1000 in prizes, and the top prize is $450!

For the full rules and how to enter, check out the thread
  • Akiba-Online is sponsored by FileJoker.

FileJoker is a required filehost for all new posts and content replies in the Direct Downloads subforums.

Failure to include FileJoker links for Direct Download posts will result in deletion of your posts or worse.

For more information see
    this thread.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
I could ramble on about how I got to this point, but instead, I'll get to the point..
Megaupload
Premium acct, 3 months paid.
After a week of casually uploading files, the filemanager's download count is frozen. No changes in the count in 5-6 days now. New files I upload, show up fine, but show 0 . I wrote to the support team and they said that sometimes there is a slight delay. they said they are working on a solution. I don't think they understand the exact problem.
I don't want to draw attention to my acct again. though everything is rar and pw'd, the filenames of a few are a bit, telling. I've tried to refresh everyway I know. I customize my script settings, so un-did that, nothing new. All I need is to see how many times each one has been dl'd. The rewards points continues to slowly grow, they only count files under 100mb, and I only have a few that qualify.
Thxthx for your time, i know i could pm someone that posts often to MU, but I think it's more fair that they find me in their spare time. TIA!

attachment.php

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I had the same problem, I used to upload the same for MU and Rapid, but while I had like 2400 points in rapid (back in the day free users gave you 5 points per day - now they give you 0) MU was like 92, and then it didn't move at all, so I quit. Never used premium though.

elgringo14

Survived to Japan
Super Moderator
Apr 28, 2008
I've seen that too, being a "free" member. After uploading several files, the download count stayed at 0 for weeks, and I was sure some people had tried them. Though I don't really care about that, I'm not using MU for money anyway.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Thxthx

I really did not expect that. I hear every RS hater say how great they were. It was worth the money, just to skip the 3 letters and one number step. But now I have to break them up and re-up a ton of bs to RS. That takes the fun out of it. Seeing how many dl's is about the only reward I get out of this. I am amazed at what people like. Though I never hear chatter about her, A-O people love ...Rin Mizuki... She is the 211 dl's on the chart above, it was going up 50 a day.
I thank you two for making it so I can quit blaming myself for this stupid glitch.
I owe you both a personal favor, pm me to cash that in.

xater thxthx, I get tons of stuff from you!
elgringo14 I'm gonna gonna see what your all about right now, I can't wait! cheers!
L8R sssscorres

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
I've seen that too, being a "free" member. After uploading several files, the download count stayed at 0 for weeks, and I was sure some people had tried them. Though I don't really care about that, I'm not using MU for money anyway.

Same with me. I currently have some files with 0 downloads and I know people are downloading them (one member here even posted a screenshot of his collection with one of my ''0 downloads'' files in there). But I'm also free member and don't care about points.

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
premium paying member here
same exact problem, maybe a little worse, because it happens that my new uploaded files are not available for download until after some hours;
never got any replies from the 3 emails i sent them

i'd be content to pay just to use their remote upload feature, but that's not working very well neither

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Desu, shadeofgrey and irc thxthx.
xater I noticed all your new mirrors are HF! Free user? download limit? Guess I can look into that.
shadeofgrey I looked back in time and I have dl many of your mu files. None of my business but the new poster angelito seems to have adopted your posting style.. Flattering I hope. I love the visable picture layout.
Desu I don't mind paying for sh*t that works. Next time I'll get same service for free.
I saw someone pimping 4shared dot com, so I went straight there, (after setting a system restore point, JIC), It was free, fast, and the file manager is very cool. There had to be a catch to it, I think that it's the 30 day no dl, no log in, total loss of all files.
thxthx to you all, glad I'm not alone in this..
BTW my 1 file, at 4S, 38 dl's. was that so hard? hehehehe
L8R sssscorres

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
I'm free user for both RS and HF, I do have enough to get a premium account but I don't have much space in my drives. I don't see a reason to get a premium account at MU, since their free service is pretty good, but even then, if they say they'll give you credit for the downloads, they should do, besides, it serves to keep track on what's popular.

But the most annoying thing for me about MU, is that sometimes uploaded files will have a crc error, it happens everywhere, but if you re-upload to MU, it will find the wrong crc file (even if you delete it) and link to it, so one has either start it over from scratch, or change the file in some way, which would give some troubles to the downloaders...:victim:

shadeofgray

Sep 22, 2009
None of my business but the new poster angelito seems to have adopted your posting style..

And I've originally adopted it from Takeshi-G. ;)

same exact problem, maybe a little worse, because it happens that my new uploaded files are not available for download until after some hours;

I forgot to mention this. Now, that annoys me. And sometimes it's not only for a few hours but a day or two.

cattz

(◣_◢)
Jun 11, 2007
Keep in mind MU hates countries outside of the U.S./Japan in general. But ignoring all that, there's to little information.

Never seen it happen to me and I use it quite often to UL things to for other forums.

But I've uploaded tons of files to MU for other sites and never seen a 1 of those problems personally. There still hasn't been much explanation for why your download count would matter with MU. The free service is great on it's own, hence the point of using and uploading to it over other ones..

Hell, that mizui maki scene I edited out of a 8 hour dvd and posted onto MU for this place has over f'ing 3,800 downloads according to the file manager. Mainly because it was linked to in a few japanese bbs's as you could see for yourself with just google even.

Doesn't mean much of anything, and just makes me glad that it was popular.

If you start to think about alternatives because they reward you with points or whatever, then you may as well just stick to the near worthless and more then justifiably BANNED IN MANY MANY FORUMS/SITES depositfiles/uploading/easy-share/hot file ones..

Why is it that most every case of MU being bashed or criticized there's discussions about using the sites that mainly reward UL'ers and make DL'ers suffer instead..?

Desu

アッチョンブリケ
Jun 25, 2009
nah, i hope nobody here intended to criticize the quality of MU as files hoster because -downloaders' side- it's still the best out there. period.

it could be better if its staff cared about fixing those "bugs" affecting it from the dawn of time, and they should really do something about the upload speed (which is almost ridicolous), but still...

If you start to think about alternatives because they reward you with points or whatever, then you may as well just stick to the near worthless and more then justifiably BANNED IN MANY MANY FORUMS/SITES depositfiles/uploading/easy-share/hot file ones..

i could say something about sowing the tares with the wheat (i hope it's the correct translations of what i mean), but coming from a HF users as i am it would probably be worth nothing, so generally speaking i have to agree with you here

it should also be noted that there are other things which are banned on many forums, but they're allowed here, so it's all a matter of where you're pointing your finger :tea:

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Exactly, I think. I love RS as a host. I tried dl not logged in, once, sucked so bad I didn't finish the dl and joined MU that day. Not sure if people think I'm in it for the money, I thought I was clear as mud saying that I like to pay for good stuff. I've never made a dime in 4-5 months with RS. I tried to redeem my points last time instead of using paypal, I was 12,000 short of the minimum redemption, 50,000. Still way short. To further explain why number of downloads is important to me, this will sound idiotic saying this in the same thread with people who are posting mentors/gods, but it's the truth. I feel responsible for every link I've ever posted here, every day. When I started, I made a personal commitment to keep them good for 2 years. Because that is what I expect, when I click one. My very first post went crazy on the third day. I felt panic, and I chased it down, (1*2chan) and found all 4 clips reposted with my previews and all. I was relieved that it was deep inside a thread, and it had no link to here. I posted a reply, saying that if I wanted them here, I will post them here.and the poster or the mods removed it. If anything I did ever brought unwanted traffic here, I would throw-up for 3 days and then go buy some rope.. ( or just be upset) Those 4 posts are still good. if I can't see the dl's, then I can't see when something has gone wrong, and it may be too late to save my a*s. sorry to blab on. L8R sssssss

The rewards points continues to slowly grow, they only count files under 100mb, and I only have a few that qualify.
I mentioned this because that is how I prove,( to me) that files are still being Dl'd, and that the file manager is broken. This number is only available under the 'my acct' tab.

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
Great, my first file w/ 4shared was at 140 dls, nice steady climb, then today,
day 7, 300. Doubles in 24hrs. I breathe easy because there is no outsiders coming
here to get it. If it doubles tommorrow, I'll lose the lunch, promise.
But I posted my first video on youtube! (free account, see I can learn!)
If that one blows up, I'll be okay with it. It's only 1 vid of 225,000 with the tags emin*m and mom.
xater, nice upgrade on the avatar. BTW your post of Balloooons (DDL) just had it's 2 year anniversary!
All RS links fine, but the end-capper on a different server, dead. By my standards
I would expect those all to be dead by now.
i just click save broken files. But because it made Shadeofgray's list at #3, there may be a surge of interest in it. Not on my list, for sure. I got it trimmed
down to 40. Still no totals at MU. Keep making this place great guys. thxthx L8R ssssss

xater

Bibitur Semper
Jun 5, 2007
...BTW your post of Balloooons (DDL) just had it's 2 year anniversary!
All RS links fine, but the end-capper on a different server, dead. By my standards
I would expect those all to be dead by now.
i just click save broken files.

Code:
http://rapidshare.com/files/319701020/Balloooooon.part13.rar
http://hotfile.com/dl/20367732/6951422/Balloooooon.part13.rar.html

:goodboy:

I knew about sendspace link being dead but the post can't be edited, so... there...

I think there are some links broken and some were in shareonall which went the way of 8tracks... so I should re up everything, but I'm hopeful we'll be getting better versions soon... :bingo:

scorres

Hetero-sapien
Apr 12, 2009
thxthx xater . just an update, many weeks went by and finally I got some dl stats. So I started uploading to MU again. But meanwhile I did the 4share site. They have this great freakin option there where you can edit your entire upload with a new file, deleting the first one, yet keeping the same dl address. I often wished for this option, but never seen it before.
In other MU news, the Howard S t e r n show on sirius/xm mentioned Megaupload last week in a news story about the Wolverine movie (or Terminator?) that was stolen and leaked to the world via MU. the feds know who did it, but not how he stole it, or where he is. Just like a cyborg, they won't stop, EVER, until he is found. Howard stumbled as he read the word 'Megaupload' out loud, then said, " I'd never go there.." truth hurts Howie, Megavideo is hard for pervs like you to avoid.
And lastly, I saw AVATAR in Real 3D. $15 a seat. it was my first visit to a 400 million dollar world.Wow! OMG! I could edit 30 minutes out an make it the greatest movie ever.
MC HNY2 All @ A-O ssssssss