[Lesbian JAV's] Do lesbian jav's need a good story?

Do lesbian JAV's need a good story?

• Yes, storylines make it better

• No, sex scenes only are enough

Results are only viewable after voting.

loveGIANT

レズ JAV's only!
Staff member
Nov 4, 2011
So this is a question (or rather a poll) that I opened 2 years ago, when "Lesbian JAV Reviews" was still on blogspot. I asked the question if you would rather watch a lesbian jav that has story or if you rather watch a lesbian jav that only consists of sex scenes.

There are pro's and con's for both sides:

Pro's for story
would be that it enhances the sex scenes. Wether it be a schoolgirl that falls in love with a teacher or two schoolgirls falling in love with each other or 2 ladies meeting each other after they haven't seen each other for years. If the storyline is good and endearing, it definitely adds more spice, meaning and intimacy to the sex scenes.
And another good thing is the build-up. If you have a romantic story and you have some build-up scenes, you get more and more exited for the actual love making scenes. Obiviously those build-up's could be one lady masturbating next to her while she's sleeping or massaging her, etc..

Con's for story
... well I can name 3 factors here.

View attachment 404544
Number one would be that it can damage the quality of the sex scenes. One example would be VEZZ-001, which features Maki "Venus van Milo" Hojo and Ryoko Murakami. The movie consists of 3 sex scenes and 2 masturbation scenes. In both sex scenes Ryoko Murakami acts reluctant towards Maki. She lets Maki having her way with her, but she didn't give Maki anything back, because character-wise, she had to act reluctant.

Second problem that could arise is the build-up. I know, I just said that it's a good thing, but too much build-up can also kill a movie. Best example would be the director "Mishima Rokusaburo" (who also directed VEZZ-001, by the way.) He is hit or miss for the most part; he loves to throw lots and lots of build-up scenes towards you, so that you are really hyped for the final love making scene. I would say 8/10 times they are just as awesome as you predict them to be, but the problem is, that you may only get 1 engaging sex scene between the two. Just as I said, VEZZ-001, you get Maki and Ryoko who are beautiful to watch when they make love together, but you get just 1 big final scene between them. And considering the fact that it is sadly very rare that you get these two women together in another lesbian jav makes it that much more sad. And they ended the move with a toy scene by the way and if you know me, you know how much i despise toy scenes.

View attachment 404545
A great example that got it right would be YUYU-006 which featured Tsubomi and Uta Kohaku. You got some great build-up scenes (masturbating scenes and one scene where Tsubomi acted reluctant) but they gave you 2 final scenes with these two cuties and that's how it's supposed to be.

Oh another negative point is, obviously, for most of us, the language barrier. If you can't understand what's going on, then there's not much you can do about it. That being said, there are lesbian JAV's out there that focus on acting. Instead of doing voice overs, they actually try to visualize what's going on, so you can understand what's going on even if you don't understand japanese. And if you actually see what's going on, that's even better than doing simple voice-overs, since you can feel that they put some effort into the story.

So as far as I'm concerned I like a good storyline in my lesbian jav's. As long as it serves the purpose to spice up the sex scenes and also if they make you a bit emotional so you can really invest in the movie as a whole.

View attachment 404546
If you want the prime example, check out JUC-277. It features Azusa Kirihara and Akari Hoshino. That movie has a great, if not the absolute best storyline you have ever seen in a lesbian JAV. And you all know how awesome Azusa Kirihara's lesbian love making skills are, aka you get the perfect mixture of an epic storyline and hot, intense sex scenes in this one.

But as I said, I think storylines enhance the quality of both the sex scenes and the movie as a whole and aside from the sex scenes, it might add to the rewatch value, as well.
What do you think?

CoolKevin

Nutcase on the loose
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2007
I choose sex scene's because I do not understand the language

Reactions: loveGIANT

Pavel08

Sep 9, 2014
I'm all for story, that's the 65% magic of lesbian JAV. It's really make the experience even better and make me love AV actress as a normal girl.
Sorry my english not good so cant explain much.
But yeah too long story like in YUYU-006 is harmful to movie. Something like 15-19 minute max between each scene is perfect.

Yes i dont understand anything but it's already a great pleasure to watch the story, i even like voice heavy story more. It make me want to learn Japanese just for the sake of understand it and even i will likely go to Japan to study soon, so it fit me like a charm

Last edited:
Reactions: loveGIANT

Pavel08

Sep 9, 2014
Hmm a bit exxagrated in my post, maybe just something like 40%.
btw, you made a good point that it's extremely rare to see 1 pair of girl 2 times in lesbian JAV (how sad it is.....), so maybe non story still make some sense. Watching them do more stuff is also nice, isn't it? espicially when i watched some repetive story.

And... Is 1 pair of girls in 2 titles even exist in Lez JAV world mate? i mean 1 title with just 2 girls and then another title with just 2 same girls (not in title with 3 or 4 girls). it would be nice to watch 2 unique stories with 2 same girls. But i doubt that happened (other JAV genres must die huh) ......