Japanese Writing

pavane

Feb 8, 2010
hi
does anyone know where I might find a good website to help me have a go at translating written Japanese?
The reason is I am looking for a way to translate what is sometimes written and show on JAVs.
For instance on RBD-202 we see a dvd screen and writing over the picture. So what alphabet would it be and
where could I find a site to help me translate it?

CodeGeek

Akiba Citizen
Nov 2, 2010
I used the Google translator on my Android phone. It comes with a OCR - also for Japanese characters. It isn't bad, but doesn't work all the time.

Reactions: 1 person

Suvlaco

Jun 9, 2009
The majority of online translators don't work well beyond simple sentences and phrases... especially if you're trying to get it to read the text off an image. Better to find someone that speaks the lingo.

Reactions: 1 person

hodsgod

Sep 22, 2008
It's almost impossible, I don't know if you are aware but they have three forms of writing. The Kanji characters have more than one way of being pronounced. One example the Kanji for Japan is two characters and Pronounced Nippon, if you reverse the characters it is pronounced honjitsu and means today. It's very very difficult for a computer to understand what the writer is trying to say and will translate badly.