How to organize your JAV collection?

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
Posting to let other people know about Javinizer - https://github.com/jvlflame/Javinizer

The author jvlflame has been very active taking over from where JavMovieScraper left off, albeit only supporting a command line interface. It has taken me a bit of getting used to, but I am now finally nearly able to move all ~ 10k movies into Jellyfin and have a perfectly organized, accessible and gorgeous media server all thanks to Javinizer.

@jvlflame - if you're here - big thanks!

View attachment 2229398
Outstanding! Thank you for sharing!

Haidon

Long-Time Lurker
May 23, 2014
So, I am having to re-index my entire database (long story) and was grabbing data from the BD discs again. So far of the 134 discs I have BD073 and BD080 had two and three titles, respectively, that reading stopped at, so I had to replace just those titles by acquiring them again. This is exactly why I'm using BD as my storage, so I don't face another HDD crash where I lose hundreds of titles at a time. I'm still considering to buy some HDDs to throw them on as well and use the BD discs as just the backups of everything, but, haven't done that yet after all these years.

Can anyone answer this? On each disc, say, 24 titles. Titles 1-12 I was able to read info from but it would crash at reading title 13 and 14, but, I could read info from titles 15-24. Later, to recreate the disc I had to acquire titles 13 and 14 again, copy titles 1-12 and 15-24 to HDD and then burn them all again to recreate BD073. How is it possible for a disc to be readable up to a point and then again after a certain point on the disc? I guess I always thought if a disc couldn't be read, it was dead.
I have had similar issues with BD's going unreadable in certain areas. In my case, you can easily see the issue, as the protective covers I had been storing them in left a 'waffle' impression on the edges of a couple of the discs. Blu-rays write their data very similar to CD-R's and DVD's when used as data discs. Instead of concentric circles like an audio CD, data discs are written in sectors like the rings of a tree, except uniform in diameter. So long as the area of the disc that contains the file name / location information is undamaged, you can retrieve files from any part of the disc that hasn't been compromised.

Reactions: Casshern2

Raabo

Aug 12, 2020
I dunno if this has been mention, and I'm sorry if I have.

But I love JAV covers, so I was going nuts setting every folder to show the front of the cover in Window Explorer's thumbnail view...
Like this:Folder View.png

I used to do via the folder properties and the customize menu. But it took forever to do, and worse yet, if you moved the folder around or even the subfolder it would break. It sometime wouldn't update either. It was really really awful, and just garbage Windows implementation as usual. And then I found this magical trick!

If you actually name the cover "Folder.gif", regardless of what image type it is, it's going to always use that picture as the folder thumbnail. It's some god damn ancient holdover, but it works! It really works!

Reactions: Casshern2

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I have had similar issues with BD's going unreadable in certain areas. In my case, you can easily see the issue, as the protective covers I had been storing them in left a 'waffle' impression on the edges of a couple of the discs. Blu-rays write their data very similar to CD-R's and DVD's when used as data discs. Instead of concentric circles like an audio CD, data discs are written in sectors like the rings of a tree, except uniform in diameter. So long as the area of the disc that contains the file name / location information is undamaged, you can retrieve files from any part of the disc that hasn't been compromised.
Thanks for that explanation! Appreciate you!

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
I dunno if this has been mention, and I'm sorry if I have.

But I love JAV covers, so I was going nuts setting every folder to show the front of the cover in Window Explorer's thumbnail view...
Like this:View attachment 2231778

I used to do via the folder properties and the customize menu. But it took forever to do, and worse yet, if you moved the folder around or even the subfolder it would break. It sometime wouldn't update either. It was really really awful, and just garbage Windows implementation as usual. And then I found this magical trick!

If you actually name the cover "Folder.gif", regardless of what image type it is, it's going to always use that picture as the folder thumbnail. It's some god damn ancient holdover, but it works! It really works!
If it hasn't some will find it useful. Thanks for sharing, friend!

hampalang

Sep 20, 2010
Posting to let other people know about Javinizer - https://github.com/jvlflame/Javinizer

The author jvlflame has been very active taking over from where JavMovieScraper left off, albeit only supporting a command line interface. It has taken me a bit of getting used to, but I am now finally nearly able to move all ~ 10k movies into Jellyfin and have a perfectly organized, accessible and gorgeous media server all thanks to Javinizer.

View attachment 2229398

Hello! Will you be able to provide a tutorial on how to use this Javinizer?

macmoose

Nov 23, 2009
I was actually looking for a tutorial on how to use Javinizer as well since it requires so much setup. Powershell, Python, Pillow, etc. I really wish it was designed to be more simple. I ended up trying another tool called Jav-it, and it's working out great for me so far. I like the fact that because everything is self-contained, there is no need to install, configure, or fetch other components. You just download the program and let it rip! Unfortunately it isn't totally free to use (You need to make a small donation), but considering how hassleless and automated it makes things, I didn't mind supporting the author.

Reactions: r00g

maload

Jul 1, 2008

View attachment 2229398

can you write guide about how to do this. i have both jellyfin and Javinizer and i dont know how to combine this 2 program

maload

Jul 1, 2008
javinzer itseft can do thing even it has little bug.
but when i try to use it with plex or jellyfish then this dont work anymore.
or i dont no how to set up it .
i notice last comment are since 2020 . o may be something change again and plex or such thing dont like javinzer

SinkieCharsiew

Apr 20, 2021
Good thread. I organize my videos by actress' name, video code and putting them in respective folder based on genre.

maload

Jul 1, 2008

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 149

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
javinzer itseft can do thing even it has little bug.
but when i try to use it with plex or jellyfish then this dont work anymore.
or i dont no how to set up it .
i notice last comment are since 2020 . o may be something change again and plex or such thing dont like javinzer
Sounds like you might need to set Plex or Jellyfin to use local nfo files (sorry, I don't use Plex)

When adding a new library in Jellyfin, I un-check all metadata scrapers and then check the "Metadata savers: Nfo" box like the attached image.

Attachments

• 2021-06-04 12_11_02-Clipboard.png
    2021-06-04 12_11_02-Clipboard.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 168

maload

Jul 1, 2008
Sounds like you might need to set Plex or Jellyfin to use local nfo files (sorry, I don't use Plex)

When adding a new library in Jellyfin, I un-check all metadata scrapers and then check the "Metadata savers: Nfo" box like the attached image.
i check that block but it dont work . thank you anyway .

Casshern2

Senior Member...I think
Mar 22, 2008
What happens when you get videos like ONSD-694?
One of many reasons I wouldn't use folder structures. I guess folder structures are needed by organization software but that to me is poor coding by the developers.

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
Can anybody recommend a DLNA server compatible with common VR players (Pigasus, Skybox) AND multipart Videos?

Unfortunately these players cannot use the webinterface so they have to work with the DLNA-Structure which is fine by me, but only the first part of every movie is played (Metadata collected with javinizer and the option oneNFOperMovie. In the webinterface the additional parts appear but not in the DLNA mode)

r00g

Jul 25, 2009
I just use a direct SAMBA connection to my linux fileserver in Pigasus and Skybox. Before that I was using miniDLNA and it worked OK, but the samba connection is more reliable and can be password protected.

maload

Jul 1, 2008
please give me the command line of javinizer for sort every movies in my pc and move it to new folder.
i use to know it but i forget it now. the gui work great but i dont like to click to select movies there. its too much

tim-o-tea

Sep 20, 2020
I just use a direct SAMBA connection to my linux fileserver in Pigasus and Skybox. Before that I was using miniDLNA and it worked OK, but the samba connection is more reliable and can be password protected.
I am using a Samba server on my NAS as well. Unfortunately as my collections is growing its difficult to organize the library just by folders. I would like to have tags/categories so better sort my videos. It is possible with DLNA but none of the DLNA-servers i've tried is supporting multiple parts in the non-webmode.

please give me the command line of javinizer for sort every movies in my pc and move it to new folder.
i use to know it but i forget it now. the gui work great but i dont like to click to select movies there. its too much
You find the information here: https://github.com/jvlflame/Javinizer#getting-started

# Run a command to sort your JAV files using default settings
> Javinizer -Path "C:\JAV\Unsorted" -DestinationPath "C:\JAV\Sorted"